Two years the gray one shows no interest in the putting mat and all of the sudden it’s his favorite toy. And he bites me when I remove him from the putting surface!
725A8B4E-400A-4AC1-AC16-B9373E9C7412.jpeg

She has settled in very well. Nights are quiet, and only puddles greet me in the morning. We are feeding her four times a day, starting a 6 am, finishing at 4 pm. Her teeth are a constant source of pain and she regards any nipple as fair game. I didn't wear a shirt when I cuddled her the first morning and will not make that mistake again.😲

She enjoys carrot sticks as a chew toy, and has ten chew toys. She loves having her belly stroked , and camps out by the larder where her food is kept. She is food focused, and we are fighting to stop her eating all the plants in the garden.

IMG_0776.JPG

I hope you are admiring my Bombas sock at the bottom of the picture.:egyptian:

My basset is very food orientated too, he would eat all day if he could

She looks like butter wouldn't melt in that picture

She has settled in very well. Nights are quiet, and only puddles greet me in the morning. We are feeding her four times a day, starting a 6 am, finishing at 4 pm. Her teeth are a constant source of pain and she regards any nipple as fair game. I didn't wear a shirt when I cuddled her the first morning and will not make that mistake again.😲

She enjoys carrot sticks as a chew toy, and has ten chew toys. She loves having her belly stroked , and camps out by the larder where her food is kept. She is food focused, and we are fighting to stop her eating all the plants in the garden.

View attachment 8953081

I hope you are admiring my Bombas sock at the bottom of the picture.:egyptian:
Just adorable!!!!!!!! I think that’s a Bassett trait, mine loved food too and never outgrew it. She looks like she will be mischievous

she will be mischievous

Already is.

Too bad maisie's not very cute.

Lol!

Wire Haired Vizslas. We breed them, train them for family and hunting, show them, and Hunt Certify WH Vizslas. There are somewhere around 400 to 800 of Wire Haired Vizslas in the United States. They are an offshoot of the Vizsla. A Hungarian Original.

https://www.pivotkennels.com/

Four dogs.jpg

Gambit, Delceg, Kolibri, Quill out on a hunting trip. One of these trips on our farm we stumbled upon a rendezvous timber wolf site. Two wolves chased these four dogs. All is well!

Quill.jpg

Quill on an outing. She is a great hunter and has shown well. A family dog to the max. She wants to be with her humans. Very gentle with children. And the Athlete!
Quill and Gambit.jpg

Gambit and Quill "helping us" at the farm office!

Logan is starting to tolerate her little sister.
BAFF2D43-436E-44E3-AD4E-F4D73312C3C6.jpeg

Nobody is safe from fridge cat!
0801926E-C109-44A4-AEF4-0F9191B8C77A.jpeg

More fridge activity this morning. It’s definitely become a hotspot recently. The gray one is biting the magnets and dropping them off the fridge. He has also fallen off the fridge on one occasion 🤦‍♂️
C1519D20-EA9D-47B6-90C4-0EF493539C31.jpeg

More fridge activity this morning. It’s definitely become a hotspot recently. The gray one is biting the magnets and dropping them off the fridge. He has also fallen off the fridge on one occasion 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 8953677
The one in the cupboard, "nothing to see here, move along" :ROFLMAO:

We are new pet owners and last Friday got a Goldendoodle rescue. Dallas is a 14 month old male full size dog at about 60 pounds right now. Here are a couple of pictures:
The kids picking Dallas up:
FEFF979D-1823-4381-BE7D-5446CF57AAC9.jpeg

Dallas freshly groomed:
5956E81D-F379-4AED-B814-E74170F228A5.jpeg

Not sure how to rotate the pictures.

Dallas is doing pretty good so far. I don’t think he has spend much time around other dogs as he gets extremely excited and hard to control. The other issue we have is trying to play with him. Fetch is not a good game as he gets very possessive of his balls and can put his teeth around you. He doesn’t really clamp down but at his size he can do some damage.

We are going to get a trainer to help as I had dogs as a kid and trained them from puppies but I am not sure how to handle that issue with a mostly grown strong dog. We are also thinking about some time at Doggy Daycare to get him used to being around other dogs.

We have woodcock around our property. Sometimes Whip will be gone for a spell and won't come when I call him. He's very obedient so when that happens, I know he's on point over a woodcock. He will not break from point and sometimes I have to go find him and flush the bird. He was cruising along the edge of the yard the other day and snapped into this strange half sitting point when he scented a bird. He was LOCKED till the bird flushed.

As0ZL1E.jpg

We have woodcock around our property. Sometimes Whip will be gone for a spell and won't come when I call him. He's very obedient so when that happens, I know he's on point over a woodcock. He will not break from point and sometimes I have to go find him and flush the bird. He was cruising along the edge of the yard the other day and snapped into this strange half sitting point when he scented a bird. He was LOCKED till the bird flushed.

As0ZL1E.jpg
Love seeing a good dog on point!! He is very pretty.

8D7F6660-4773-44D3-B69C-543E0EF90408.jpeg
Had to say goodbye to our buddy Hogan today. Very sad day. He was as good of a dog that anyone could ask for. We were blessed to have him and his unconditional love for over 11 years. Honestly even with 2 other dogs in the house, it feels a little empty tonight. He will truly be missed, but never forgotten! Rest easy Hogan !

View attachment 8953915
Had to say goodbye to our buddy Hogan today. Very sad day. He was as good of a dog that anyone could ask for. We were blessed to have him and his unconditional love for over 11 years. Honestly even with 2 other dogs in the house, it feels a little empty tonight. He will truly be missed, but never forgotten! Rest easy Hogan !
Very sorry for your lose. 😢

View attachment 8953915

Sorry for your loss, I always get misty when a trusted friend moves on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 8953915

Hogan sounds like a great friend, sorry for your loss.

We are new pet owners and last Friday got a Goldendoodle rescue. Dallas is a 14 month old male full size dog at about 60 pounds right now. Here are a couple of pictures:
The kids picking Dallas up:
View attachment 8953679

Dallas freshly groomed:
View attachment 8953680

Not sure how to rotate the pictures.

Dallas is doing pretty good so far. I don’t think he has spend much time around other dogs as he gets extremely excited and hard to control. The other issue we have is trying to play with him. Fetch is not a good game as he gets very possessive of his balls and can put his teeth around you. He doesn’t really clamp down but at his size he can do some damage.

We are going to get a trainer to help as I had dogs as a kid and trained them from puppies but I am not sure how to handle that issue with a mostly grown strong dog. We are also thinking about some time at Doggy Daycare to get him used to being around other dogs.

Good luck, we welcomed a rescue (for the first time) into our home of two dogs recently. It has been a challenge but she is a special soul and worth the effort. Most of these rescue’s just don’t know what a good life looks like and have to learn to trust. I think it’s less about training and more about bonding with us and trusting us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back