I've always enjoyed checking in to this thread, unfortunately today is a day I always dreaded was going to come. This afternoon we had to put our Lexie down, and it completely broke my heart. 2 weeks shy of both her 14th birthday and 13 years from when we rescued her from a shelter in Indiana. She was a massive member of our family and even a dog who is a THP Event veteran. I'm sure one of her happiest memories was relaxing/napping on the Tour Van while eating some cider doughnuts. She also celebrated with Team NY & Brian post Regional Rivalry, which included continuously dunking her head into the cooler at the hotel party. She was a great girl and one that we will miss so much.

So tonight we raise a glass to toast our girl Lexie Pickles.

View attachment 8988665

Sorry Cap....1st Tito’s for Lexie later tonight.

I'm so sorry to hear that Dean. It's one of the hardest things a person has to do.

I've always enjoyed checking in to this thread, unfortunately today is a day I always dreaded was going to come. This afternoon we had to put our Lexie down, and it completely broke my heart. 2 weeks shy of both her 14th birthday and 13 years from when we rescued her from a shelter in Indiana. She was a massive member of our family and even a dog who is a THP Event veteran. I'm sure one of her happiest memories was relaxing/napping on the Tour Van while eating some cider doughnuts. She also celebrated with Team NY & Brian post Regional Rivalry, which included continuously dunking her head into the cooler at the hotel party. She was a great girl and one that we will miss so much.

View attachment 8988665
Sorry for your loss. She was a pretty girl..

View attachment 8988665
So sorry to hear this. She was beautiful!

Lexi was the best girl. She’s in a good place though @ddec @nerfny and you gave her an awesome life.

Sorry for your loss, but now you get to look for a new dog and a big decision....puppy or rescue.

View attachment 8988665
My deepest condolences. I've been there before and it's always heartbreaking.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

View attachment 8988665
This is such a great thread and its always great to see everyones pets. What a great picture and what a beautiful girl. So sorry to see she is gone but you can tell she was rescued into a great life from a shelter to your family. Ive said this before in this situation but im sure not only were you lucky to have her but she was lucky to have you.

Arrow getting some @Canadan on a throne

8E47AC5D-A457-4ADD-AAC9-A0B814072580.jpeg

Here is Mr. Weenie and I.

8517cb2bb43112fd11053983e20db5fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll see your Mr Weiner (I didn’t really say that) and call you with Mrs Weiner (Rosie).

CA9E32D7-E7DE-48F6-867C-0DCED0000CAB.jpeg

She’s a Chiweenie and my baby girl.

Tried to upload a short video but the system would not let it happen. So here are a couple of snaps of a puppy enjoying its first ever snow. When I say puppy, she is eight months and over 60 lbs.

IMG_0030.JPGIMG_0029.JPG

I think we are going to rejoin the ranks. We’ve started looking for a rescue dog to welcome into the family.

I think we are going to rejoin the ranks. We’ve started looking for a rescue dog to welcome into the family.

How nice is your house and do you feed from the table?

I may qualify, lol!

Arrow got to go to the beach today.

9813C293-23A5-4166-9C8D-10609B0FE8EA.jpeg

Arrow got to go to the beach today.

View attachment 8990447

The <redacted> wife (lol) and that doesn’t look like Tennessee waters. Enjoy your time. I’ll be nice for at least the rest of this week so you can have some time to enjoy!

I thought we might have found our new gal today. Then the person looking to re-home her 3yo non-breeding girl asked for a 1k re-housing fee.

The 10 foster pups went out the door this morning. It was amazing to watch them progress in the few weeks we had them, but it was time for them to go. They could really stink up the place in a hurry with their synchronized pooping every morning.

The 10 foster pups went out the door this morning. It was amazing to watch them progress in the few weeks we had them, but it was time for them to go. They could really stink up the place in a hurry with their synchronized pooping every morning.

poop-poop-everywhere-buaru8.jpg

Back