So it turns out our almost 12 month old pups have severe separation anxiety. Wife has been running with one while the other stays in the house while I work. And it’s just nonstop whining the whole time. Not very fun!

We’ve lost futons, couches, pillows, blinds, and door frames to separation anxiety. The high pitched constant whine is the one that really gets to your brain. Sometimes they’ll give us a howl to when the whole family leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve lost futons, couches, pillows, blinds, and door frames to separation anxiety. The high pitched constant whine is the one that really gets to your brain. Sometimes they’ll give us a howl to when the whole family leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No more! If these pups aren’t in my direct line of sight, they’re in the crates. There’s no such thing as “puppy proofing” when they chew on furniture and molding! It just surprised me how bonded they are to each other that they whine when separated.

Well our one puppy who is scared of everything is now scared of her food bowl. Other than that she’s acting normal (she’s also scared of the vinyl floors so we put rugs down :rolleyes:). She is stressing me out!

Well I think Cheyenne realized if she doesn’t eat, we won’t just leave the food there. But she’s a high strung pup, so we’re picking up her Prozac prescription tomorrow and reaching out to a trainer. We need a professional’s help de-stressing her in everyday life.

This is the funniest video ever!🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0046.JPG

Maisie has a pig's trotter that she wants to bury in the flower bed and I will not let her out.

Opened up the bedroom with the dog crates today to give them a bit more freedom and this is what I find...
22E577F1-8E54-4609-A5D4-0DCE7ECC212C.jpeg

I love this buddy!! That will be a handful but boy will it be worth it.
Kennel training for sure! Ha. So funny trying to play doggie psychologist again. Night 1 put them both in the same kennel and one cried most of the night. Went back to the drawing board and took our 5 year old Ridgeback out of the room and put him with our oldest daughter to sleep. Divided the kennel into 2 so that both would have their own space. Both slept 7 hrs. straight last night.

Wife is at the vet with the dog. He'd been licking his foot and limping, turns out its his hips. So apparently he's post-legged, and they're checking for hip dysplasia. This after having surgery on both elbows 6 months ago.

Per vet instruction we changed our dog's food to encourage weight loss. She's thinning down but she now has dry flaking skin. I've seen an online remedy of adding a teaspoon of olive oil to her food a few times a week. Has anyone tried this?

Per vet instruction we changed our dog's food to encourage weight loss. She's thinning down but she now has dry flaking skin. I've seen an online remedy of adding a teaspoon of olive oil to her food a few times a week. Has anyone tried this?
We’ve never used olive oil, but we have used fish oil supplements.

That will work. You could also give her an egg everyday also.

We give our dog an egg just about every day and his skin is flaky as hell.

1615681829329.jpeg
The pug is the boss

Well we finally brought a new dog home, picked up today from one of the Northern California German Shepherd Rescues. He is a 3 1/2 year old, 92 lb, previously pretty much ignored outside dog with very little training. What training he has was done by his Foster at the rescue, and they say he is pretty solid already on the house / potty training. It's pretty exiting here today, he is a bit of a nervous wreck moving into a strange place with two strangers, but hopefully he will settle down soon. Haven't been able to get very good pics yet, since he won't stay still, but here are a couple.

Meet Kona:

Kona Day1 03-13-2021_a.jpgKona Day1 03-13-2021_b.jpg

Well we finally brought a new dog home, picked up today from one of the Northern California German Shepherd Rescues. He is a 3 1/2 year old, 92 lb, previously pretty much ignored outside dog with very little training. What training he has was done by his Foster at the rescue, and they say he is pretty solid already on the house / potty training. It's pretty exiting here today, he is a bit of a nervous wreck moving into a strange place with two strangers, but hopefully he will settle down soon. Haven't been able to get very good pics yet, since he won't stay still, but here are a couple.

Meet Kona:
Those are great pictures. Kona is beautiful. He knows he is home.
View attachment 8997920View attachment 8997921

We put olive oil on one of our older dog's food. He likes it and it helps encourage him to eat. He doesn't have any skin conditions but I have heard it helps.

Seems like Kona is finally calming down a bit, must be pretty tired from all the nerves today.

Kona Day1 03-13-2021_d.jpg

Back