We’ve got a menagerie of pets. Quite a bit of time is spent each day caring for them

670aac1216a79b77e1637a83a962409c.jpg
. Kitsune and Petunia

7543873521ea50cd05e18c16f43c12ff.jpg
. MrTurtle

2721913010171c9c8888c84bcd419c96.jpg
Kabaaab and Jessie. Kabaaab was my daughter’s FFA project a couple years ago, and we kept him around.

a74c6413a4fac2508d909b35d742ed0f.jpg
Dixie is my daughter’s current 4H project. She lives quite the privileged life. We are expecting her first calf in the next 2-3 weeks.

We will add chickens this next month, the girls are gonna incubate eggs as a 4H project. Got the coop, I need to build a run, and make them both portable, so we can scoot it around the yard.

Gonna pick up a couple of nucs of bees again later this spring. We had them in the past, and unfortunately they swarmed.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

We’ve got a menagerie of pets. Quite a bit of time is spent each day caring for them

670aac1216a79b77e1637a83a962409c.jpg
. Kitsune and Petunia

7543873521ea50cd05e18c16f43c12ff.jpg
. MrTurtle

2721913010171c9c8888c84bcd419c96.jpg
Kabaaab and Jessie. Kabaaab was my daughter’s FFA project a couple years ago, and we kept him around.

a74c6413a4fac2508d909b35d742ed0f.jpg
Dixie is my daughter’s current 4H project. She lives quite the privileged life. We are expecting her first calf in the next 2-3 weeks.

We will add chickens this next month, the girls are gonna incubate eggs as a 4H project. Got the coop, I need to build a run, and make them both portable, so we can scoot it around the yard.

Gonna pick up a couple of nucs of bees again later this spring. We had them in the past, and unfortunately they swarmed.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
Now that’s a dad. Keeping all those pets from your daughter’s projects.

3D7C4E2C-D16A-4B39-BFE8-B647B4D7ED05.jpegThis lady waiting for me to give her a sip of my beer.

A little help please. Our new puppy gets sick everytime we take her in the car. I feel so bad for her. Our vet said try a half tablet of dramimine, it did not work. Any thoughts?
If you find out let me know! We unsuccessfully tried the same thing. There is prescription Cerenia, but it’s stupidly expensive. We have had some success with crate stress by using melatonin and plan to try it for car rides.

If you find out let me know! We unsuccessfully tried the same thing. There is prescription Cerenia, but it’s stupidly expensive. We have had some success with crate stress by using melatonin and plan to try it for car rides.
And it's a 5 hour ride that turns into 6 with stopping 3 or 4 times to clean her up.

And it's a 5 hour ride that turns into 6 with stopping 3 or 4 times to clean her up.
We’ve been lucky not to have to test our dogs on a long drive yet. They only make it about 15 minutes before throwing up. I like to think it’s one and done, but that’s an untested theory. Melatonin should help if it’s anxiety related. I’ve also heard they can grow out of it.

A little help please. Our new puppy gets sick everytime we take her in the car. I feel so bad for her. Our vet said try a half tablet of dramimine, it did not work. Any thoughts?
Is he/she in a crate or out on the seat or floor? You could try covering windows so he/she can't see out the sides and only the front windshield or back window. Don't give them anything to eat or drink an hour before going on a trip.
You could also try going on short 5 minute rides to let him/her adjust to the rides.

Hello dad I’m right here!!!!
948F5E7D-8F6F-42D9-B329-7BBE3D11B15A.jpeg948F5E7D-8F6F-42D9-B329-7BBE3D11B15A.jpeg

Is he/she in a crate or out on the seat or floor? You could try covering windows so he/she can't see out the sides and only the front windshield or back window. Don't give them anything to eat or drink an hour before going on a trip.
You could also try going on short 5 minute rides to let him/her adjust to the rides.
I have tried in the crate and out of the crate...same result. With food we didn't feed her the day we left and she still threw up whatever was in her stomach. I feel so bad for her. We also tried covering the crate...no difference. :(

Good idea trying some short rides to try and get her use to it.

We had this issue for awhile with our current Golden. The only thing that really changed is that he no longer travels in a crate and instead rides in the back seat of our vehicles. He made some royal messes in the kennel.

This girl stopped to see us
7B497975-711E-4377-B8CF-FFB1C4DC5CD3.jpeg

And you did not have a treat ready for her ? No wonder ,she looks angry.

Fine looking beast.....

And you did not have a treat ready for her ? No wonder ,she looks angry.

Fine looking beast.....
I had some "bones" in my drawer for dogs that come in, so she got a treat.

Arrow just loves the new outdoor area.

48F9C005-B54D-4F39-9E5D-E9142F38A70C.jpeg

We said goodbye to our nearly 15 year old champion a while ago, and have felt a bit of a hole in our lives. It's brought on a lot of links to petfinder and local shelters, including a visit today to a couple spots to see what dogs are around to rescue.

I miss my buddy, but I am definitely ready to bring another dog into our lives. That said, this process is SO emotionally draining for me - because we definitely have a limited grouping of viable dogs (small to medium, non-herding, medium or less energy, etc) because we have a five year old in the house - and because seeing dogs treated like garbage guts me every damn time.

Hoping it goes well. The dog we were absolutely falling in love with in pics was set for adoption, which is great to hear that dogs are getting adopted, but it kind of hit me harder than i thought it would. Was a beautiful little sheltie/manchester mix, and I wanted him BAD.

We said goodbye to our nearly 15 year old champion a while ago, and have felt a bit of a hole in our lives. It's brought on a lot of links to petfinder and local shelters, including a visit today to a couple spots to see what dogs are around to rescue.

I miss my buddy, but I am definitely ready to bring another dog into our lives. That said, this process is SO emotionally draining for me - because we definitely have a limited grouping of viable dogs (small to medium, non-herding, medium or less energy, etc) because we have a five year old in the house - and because seeing dogs treated like garbage guts me every damn time.

Hoping it goes well. The dog we were absolutely falling in love with in pics was set for adoption, which is great to hear that dogs are getting adopted, but it kind of hit me harder than i thought it would. Was a beautiful little sheltie/manchester mix, and I wanted him BAD.
Sorry to hear it is so tough to go through and absolutely creates a hole in your life and will forever be missed. . Always there waiting whether your gone five minutes, five hours or five days. They just want to be with you. Dogs are part of the family. Im sure even though the dog you wanted got adopted in the end things will work out and you will end up with the perfect dog and friend. A dog can never be replaced and they live on in the great memories but when a new dog comes into your life it certainly helps to fill the void. Look forward to seeing the pictures when the right dog comes along.

Back