This young lady recently turned 17. That's 100+ in people years!

She cant hear anything unless we yell and had her right eye removed earlier this year. Other than that she is doing great.

Happy birthday Ecko!

20201231_205739.jpg

This is Winnie. She’s 9 weeks old now.
03ec5d0c37e92ff7f30869d58ec17f15.jpg

I love Arrow so much, I do, I love him more than anything in this world. He’s my baby, but right now it’s like he’s a newborn and if I don’t get some sleep soon, I am not sure I’m going to make it. At best I’m getting 4 hours a night, and that’s being real generous.

Thursday morning (stitch removal day) cannot get here soon enough!
our dogs are our kids....and i love that you think that way as well.

Wife took a picture of the sandwiches I make the pups when they need to take pills. Peanut butter and Cheerios sandwiches :LOL: does not work for cats...
1621104717354.jpeg

He was infatuated by the tv for about 10 minutes tonight. And he kept hitting buttons on the soundbar. I was not amused.
44DA679A-4D23-463F-9A21-4D89FDF2DD6F.jpeg

I guess sometimes a tongue just needs to hang out.

BAD0CEBE-A400-4761-A14C-44431529F695.jpeg

Dixie had her calf. Willie the bull was born on May 2.

d2256b9fd3faac8feb8cd2bdb8e6bf13.jpg

This was about an hour after he was born.

He is now very playful, full of energy. He loves to run around, buck and moo.

d4fae88f4a8ea88de2281ba07214229f.jpg

Daughter is already working with him, to get him to walk on a halter, we will hit some shows this summer to get him and his momma in the show arena.

He loves being brushed and loved on, just like his momma.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

f7cab415f3c8d9a78ccf912382ca1e73.jpg

Don’t get her mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surgery was Tuesday. Wife picked him up yesterday. Doctor very pleased with the progress he made in just the first day. Two week follow up to determine when to do the other side. He's drugged up pretty good, so he's sleeping well. If he doesn't get up on his own, he's very growly when being convinced he needs to go outside to do his business.

20210520_065534.jpg

Surgery was Tuesday. Wife picked him up yesterday. Doctor very pleased with the progress he made in just the first day. Two week follow up to determine when to do the other side. He's drugged up pretty good, so he's sleeping well. If he doesn't get up on his own, he's very growly when being convinced he needs to go outside to do his business.

View attachment 9008574
No pants!

This was most definitely a trap.
8F7E726A-2139-4E6A-9984-AB4A94385CCD.jpeg

Dropped Kona off at the vet yesterday to start the heartworm treatment. We'll pick him up this afternoon, and start a month of keeping him quiet and calm, which won't always be easy with such an otherwise healthy young German Shepherd. Going to be some stressful times for a while, but he is such a good boy, he will hopefully make it easy for us.

Sometimes I feel like I live in a zoo with 2 cats and 2 dogs. Then I get pictures like this from my sister... that’s Albus between Sam and Frodo
7165EBC2-AECB-4FF1-BDB9-378DC30064B0.jpeg

My boy Finn, one year old Standard Poodle...
C17FD28A-AF32-45D3-8CC5-154E1A807ABB.jpeg6084D969-EB0E-4D5C-B7AA-849A7F3CCE73.jpegB24FEAE8-C5D9-41C3-8F63-D71F1A18257B.jpeg

I am not sure if the cat is saying get the F away or seriously you put me here.
He has that permanent scowl look :LOL: but he is the alpha and just wants to be friends! He snuck in there after the pigs laid down. I am told it only lasted a few minutes before they realized he was there and left. Poor Albus!

Got Kona home from the Vet last night, He's doing well, just some soreness around the two injection sites, and a bit low on energy, which is probably a good thing. The Vet said his chest x-rays looked good, and being young, strong, and in pretty good shape, other than the heart worms, give him a really good outlook for a full recovery. It;s going to be an interesting month, we can take him on leash walks as long as he stays calm and doesn't get the heart rate up, which should be easy enough around here, but we can't let him outside here at the house unless we take him out on leash, so potty breaks have to be supervised. We have about 1 1/2 acres fenced, which would normally be his playground, but just can't take any chances that he decides to chase a squirrel, or a neighbor's cat, and gets the heart rate up too much, so its on leash whenever he's outside.

We are pretty sure the reason Kona ended up being available for adoption was that his original owners couldn't afford the treatment for heart worms (usually about $800 - $1000 per dog) , so they dumped him and another dog that were both heart worm positive at their county shelter. On the one hand its terrible that he has this potentially deadly condition, prevention is so easy, and not at all costly, on the other hand, the original owner's negligence brought him to us, and we will do whatever it takes to get him through this.

Got Kona home from the Vet last night, He's doing well, just some soreness around the two injection sites, and a bit low on energy, which is probably a good thing. The Vet said his chest x-rays looked good, and being young, strong, and in pretty good shape, other than the heart worms, give him a really good outlook for a full recovery. It;s going to be an interesting month, we can take him on leash walks as long as he stays calm and doesn't get the heart rate up, which should be easy enough around here, but we can't let him outside here at the house unless we take him out on leash, so potty breaks have to be supervised. We have about 1 1/2 acres fenced, which would normally be his playground, but just can't take any chances that he decides to chase a squirrel, or a neighbor's cat, and gets the heart rate up too much, so its on leash whenever he's outside.

We are pretty sure the reason Kona ended up being available for adoption was that his original owners couldn't afford the treatment for heart worms (usually about $800 - $1000 per dog) , so they dumped him and another dog that were both heart worm positive at their county shelter. On the one hand its terrible that he has this potentially deadly condition, prevention is so easy, and not at all costly, on the other hand, the original owner's negligence brought him to us, and we will do whatever it takes to get him through this.
Sounds like treatment is off to a good start. It was a stressful time for my parents when their ~3 year old adopted pup went through treatment and she (Jack Russell) was full of energy. Good luck to you and Kona!

Hope things go well. Funny how things work out. For all Kona has been through he ends up in good hands with people who will take care of , love and give a great life to. Looks like it was meant to be.

Back