Had to take our dog to the vets this morning and he has been confirmed with kennel cough - he started in the early hours of yesterday morning sounding like he was trying to cough something up, but was only bringing up white mucus and it continued throughout the day, so we rang the vets last night for advice and they said to bring him in this morning

Jen took him down and they checked him over and said it is kennel cough, but they have no other concerns as he is happy enough in himself and no other signs of dehydration or malnourished, so to keep him isolated from other animals and they gave some advice on getting food and fluids into him until it resolves

Poor thing looked so guilty after being sick around the house a number of times, but he can't help it 😢

Not sure where he has picked it up, as other than going out for walks he hasn't been anywhere else

Normally when I get in from work he has a daft 5 minutes running round barking and wagging his tail at me and often brings me his favourite toy to play, but last night when he tried to bark it came out as a little squeak and he just ran around wagging his tail until he set himself coughing again

I fell asleep last night watching Tigers 2019 masters victory and saw this thread pop up at the top this morning so I thought I’d post this picture of our little sweetheart Molly.

I was watching the final round sitting in the lazy boy and Molly was sleeping on a blanket in the other lazy boy right beside me. When Tiger sank the final putt I let out a whoop and jumped off the chair.

Anyway, Molly was laying on a blanket and there is a lot of static so this is what she look like immediately after landing on the floor I had to take a picture so funny.

71C6821D-9849-4111-A821-BEB177F638E5.jpeg

Wow she is photogenic. Love it.
BFD7F9DA-75ED-4994-88A5-609EAFC92E7A.jpeg
lol you can thank her mom for taking all these photos. It doesn’t hurt that there’s always a treat waiting by the camera! Happy thanksgiving @mmaynard11

Big girl waiting for some thanksgiving goodness. With my daughter’s tendency to drop food there is little doubt Zoë will be able to swoop in and get it off the floor…
A968047A-BA19-4A46-B00A-E35451810050.jpeg

67CA7AF0-3FC2-48C3-9AE5-EBEB041B6A36.jpeg

Dude the doodle found his Christmas present yesterday. It made it 5 minutes....

20211124_172342.jpggoing for a ride to school...

20211122_070536.jpg

Last edited:
When you grab dad’s hat you must pose for a picture.
2A1A2F76-557A-4DE8-A0EB-35BE8B724CB1.jpeg

We have an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning for our 14-1/2 year old yellow Lab. She is unsteady in her feet, has eaten little since Friday, is drinking nothing, and shakes when she inhales. She never moans or barks, so we can only guess at what's going on. She's a fighter. She had a version of doggie vertigo this summer and we thought it was the end then, but this time it seems different. My wife is going to be inconsolable if we have to put her down, even though we know it's wrong to have her suffer.

We have an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning for our 14-1/2 year old yellow Lab. She is unsteady in her feet, has eaten little since Friday, is drinking nothing, and shakes when she inhales. She never moans or barks, so we can only guess at what's going on. She's a fighter. She had a version of doggie vertigo this summer and we thought it was the end then, but this time it seems different. My wife is going to be inconsolable if we have to put her down, even though we know it's wrong to have her suffer.
My heart goes out to you both.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Jeffers dog poem.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 12
Sometimes I have no words for this weirdo.
E4503ABE-E415-4C93-9B6C-096AE015572C.jpeg

So we went to the integrated vet this AM and all three of us came home. She’s more alert and eating after an IV, B12 shot and acupuncture. Blood work showed low red cells. Could explain her weakness or it could all be old age. At any rate we’re in wait and see mode, and we know what we’re facing.

Many thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

IMG_0241.jpeg
My Buddy

Back