I love this picture
5f93b2d43d48fb20e4c6233e67628272.jpg

Greg Kulbick;n8892874 said:
I've never had to anything as hard as what my wife and I had to do today. It was time.

Bauer 2006-2019

ba3ed5cd12fa3d2f9337899781410030.jpg

I’m super sorry to hear this. I hate this part.

My knucklehead...

w5rMbDc.jpg

Say hello to Cooper, a one year old yellow lab that we adopted from DFW LabRescue over a week ago. He is full of energy, a lot of fun and can be a couch potato when he wants to. Our other dog Jax is getting along and actually playing with him too which is a relief. We were lucky to get Cooper and he is the definition of a good boy!!
2bf6e6801fdbfc3d426941c96417ec43.jpg
16577fe3fa343e30d36265d8e3b9062f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FernDog;n8902738 said:
Say hello to Cooper, a one year old yellow lab that we adopted from DFW LabRescue over a week ago. He is full of energy, a lot of fun and can be a couch potato when he wants to. Our other dog Jax is getting along and actually playing with him too which is a relief. We were lucky to get Cooper and he is the definition of a good boy!!
2bf6e6801fdbfc3d426941c96417ec43.jpg
16577fe3fa343e30d36265d8e3b9062f.jpg

That's a great looking dog!

Lazy morning watching the Solheim Cup and she’s 60lbs acting like a lap dog.

614d63c643025ddd3d7500e8a5c8a370.jpg

mikeg_74;n8907564 said:
Lazy morning watching the Solheim Cup and she’s 60lbs acting like a lap dog.

614d63c643025ddd3d7500e8a5c8a370.jpg

Looks super comfy!!!

My wife and I are having “the conversation” regarding our 13 year old lab. We were married in November of ‘05 and got Vegas in May of ‘06, he’s been through several jobs, moves & houses. He’s been a good dog for a long time but he’s health is fading & he’s having bad days more often. He’s been our baby & we’ve grown up with him.
Our vet said today that it’s getting close but it’s good that he still has his appetite & doesn’t seem to be in any pain.
Our yellow lab has been laying with him the last few days & being very attentive to him. He acts like he knows.
It’s going to be rough around here for a while.

Sorry to hear that Matthew. Always tough to go through this time but you are fortunate to still have the ability to pamper your friend and keep him close.

My wife and I are having “the conversation” regarding our 13 year old lab. We were married in November of ‘05 and got Vegas in May of ‘06, he’s been through several jobs, moves & houses. He’s been a good dog for a long time but he’s health is fading & he’s having bad days more often. He’s been our baby & we’ve grown up with him.
Our vet said today that it’s getting close but it’s good that he still has his appetite & doesn’t seem to be in any pain.
Our yellow lab has been laying with him the last few days & being very attentive to him. He acts like he knows.
It’s going to be rough around here for a while.

Sorry to hear this. The other dog knows and it will be lonely for his pack mate also when the time comes.

Moving with pets is always a bit of an adventure. Thankfully ours have settled down a bit. It was definitely a rough couple of days for them as we went from house to house. They’re digging the new place. No fence and no dog door = LOTS of walkies. Good exercise for the people, and lots of fun things to smell for the 4 legged people.

Hard to believe this guy was pretty much at death's door a month ago, medication and diet have turned him around big time. A month ago he was down over 15 pounds from his normal weight, wasn't eating, and having serious intestinal issues. Today he is back up almost 10 pounds, eating like a big dog again, and the medication and supplements that he will be on for the rest of his life have worked wonders.

Kai
Kai_9-17-19.jpg

Hard to believe this guy was pretty much at death's door a month ago, medication and diet have turned him around big time. A month ago he was down over 15 pounds from his normal weight, wasn't eating, and having serious intestinal issues. Today he is back up almost 10 pounds, eating like a big dog again, and the medication and supplements that he will be on for the rest of his life have worked wonders.

Kai
View attachment 8908280

That’s great to hear!

Kai
View attachment 8908280

That’s awesome to hear!

EABD865C-A18F-43A6-AC79-2BE899F130EA.jpeg

Ellie loves the beach but isn’t a big fan of the water

Sorry to hear that Matthew. Always tough to go through this time but you are fortunate to still have the ability to pamper your friend and keep him close.

He decided this morning he didn’t want to eat, won’t even sniff a treat, his food dish much less take his medicine. He hasn’t had his heart medication in over 24 hours & his breathing is getting worse. I’ve been at home most of the day in the floor with him just rubbing his head.
My wife has been calling to make arrangements, we don’t want to put him through the stress of going back to the vet. He has always been my wife’s dog but I’m beyond sad. I also know it’s selfish but I don’t want to make the call.

He decided this morning he didn’t want to eat, won’t even sniff a treat, his food dish much less take his medicine. He hasn’t had his heart medication in over 24 hours & his breathing is getting worse. I’ve been at home most of the day in the floor with him just rubbing his head.
My wife has been calling to make arrangements, we don’t want to put him through the stress of going back to the vet. He has always been my wife’s dog but I’m beyond sad. I also know it’s selfish but I don’t want to make the call.

Sorry to hear it @Matthew letting them go is always so hard.

Sorry to hear that. It’s one of the hardest things to do

I'm so sorry.

He'll always be with you in spirit where he is forever young and healthy.

My knucklehead male got a playmate 5 years ago... a reverse brindle female.
ig1XNvo.jpg

She grew up...
EVHZCTN.jpg

They make a nice couple.
akUfli4.jpg

Your friend has always put his trust in you and your wife and he will know that you are helping him through it all.

Back