I could use some good thoughts for my pup Tigger. He's around 14 now and hasn't wanted to eat much for the last few days. We took him to the vet and his kidney numbers were extremely elevated. I knew that his kidneys were starting to go bad from age but the vet seems to think it was extremely elevated due to the fact he hasn't been eating much. They kept him for an IV to get fluids back in him as well as putting him on some anti inflammatory drugs. He seemed to have some neck pain that the vet thought that he wasn't wanting to eat because it hurt to bend down to the bowl.

I went to visit him tonight and he still wasn't wanting to eat but he did eat a little bit while I was there. I'm hoping he'll have a better day tomorrow since it's only been 24 hours on the drugs and fluids. The plan is for us to pick him up on Saturday. I know at his age I may not have much time with him but I'm hoping he can recover from this because he's been such a good dog.

It is so hard sometimes. I hope Tigger gets better. They give so much in short lives. Sending positive thoughts to you and your pup.

I could use some good thoughts for my pup Tigger. He's around 14 now and hasn't wanted to eat much for the last few days. We took him to the vet and his kidney numbers were extremely elevated. I knew that his kidneys were starting to go bad from age but the vet seems to think it was extremely elevated due to the fact he hasn't been eating much. They kept him for an IV to get fluids back in him as well as putting him on some anti inflammatory drugs. He seemed to have some neck pain that the vet thought that he wasn't wanting to eat because it hurt to bend down to the bowl.

I went to visit him tonight and he still wasn't wanting to eat but he did eat a little bit while I was there. I'm hoping he'll have a better day tomorrow since it's only been 24 hours on the drugs and fluids. The plan is for us to pick him up on Saturday. I know at his age I may not have much time with him but I'm hoping he can recover from this because he's been such a good dog.

Sorry to hear that Greg. Good vibes headed your way friend

Thoughts to you and your pup

6BB39C38-ED41-4988-9D74-702289E566D9.jpeg
Word to other parents thinking of getting a bearded dragon for their little ones. Don’t unless you expect to take care of it when they eventually leave for college.

Grandpa thought it fun to get my 10 year old son this beauty. Now 12 years later I am the one taking care of him. Ugh. Lizards are not like dogs. They don’t play much ?

Friday evening walk with my best friend Kai.

20200124_162804_resized.jpg

My poor girl is finally home and resting. She had to spend a night at the emergency hospital after her eye pressures spiked they said. Unfortunately, my baby is now virtually blind, so we are trying to retrain her for the house. She had one good eye, but looks like that failed last night.

She seems to be in better spirits now and finally resting.
she will do better than you expect. But you are kinda stuck on where your furniture is for a long time! Our Charlie went blind from diabetes last April and he does great. Took a little getting used to for him but dogs are resilient.

A trip the vet this morning As our little one was vomiting etc. she has pancreatitis. Not the way I thought my day was going to go. She is home relaxing and is getting rest. Both of our pups are getting up there in age. Her brother is a big Eric and I give him a shot twice a day. Hopefully this clears up for her quickly.

Thank to everyone for their good wishes towards my dog Tigger. He's home today and seems to be acting like is old self a bit. We have a few follow up times this week for additional fluids and hopefully this week he'll get back to eating and drinking normally like he should. Next Friday seems to be the target to make sure his kidneys are holding up.

Just sharing my lock screen on the phone. The old girl isn’t moving too well, but I guess that happens to all of us as we age.
She is the best dog I have ever had.
1F66054A-99D7-464C-B50A-DE6D22A0A7D6.png

Thank to everyone for their good wishes towards my dog Tigger. He's home today and seems to be acting like is old self a bit. We have a few follow up times this week for additional fluids and hopefully this week he'll get back to eating and drinking normally like he should. Next Friday seems to be the target to make sure his kidneys are holding up.

Good to hear. Hopefully Tigger gets what's needed and will be back to normal in no time.

Just sharing my lock screen on the phone. The old girl isn’t moving too well, but I guess that happens to all of us as we age.
She is the best dog I have ever had.
View attachment 8924894
What kind of pup? Looks so similar to our Zoe, a mini cocker, that we lost December 2018. Haven't had a dog in household since then. Daughter has her goldendoodle that we see every once in awhile, but haven't gotten another yet.

What kind of pup? Looks so similar to our Zoe, a mini cocker, that we lost December 2018. Haven't had a dog in household since then. Daughter has her goldendoodle that we see every once in awhile, but haven't gotten another yet.
She is a lab/beagle mix. We got her at the shelter and at the time they guessed that she was 5, but we have now had her for ten. I don’t think we will get another for awhile after her.

440D2A1D-1E07-4D4F-B008-8E7EC394FC39.jpeg
Unfortunately the fluid treatment for Tigger didn’t work so we are having to make the tough decision for his suffering. My little buddy’s time has come and we’ll help him across the rainbow bridge in the next couple of days. He’s been a great dog. This is my favorite photo of him. I’m going to really miss him. We currently have 3 dogs now but before them I hadn’t had a pet since I was 14. We adopted him in 2011 and we were told he was 5 at that time. I hope he feels that we gave him a great life and love him very much.

Sorry, gmiller. It is so hard losing family pets.

First I had to put a blanket down because the chair on its own wasn’t soft enough for him. But then he does this. It will never stop being funny to me. How is this comfortable? And also, where am I supposed to sit?

View attachment 8924195
I see your blanket down and raise you all the blankets. Not staged - actually how I found her as I was working. 3D0FF06A-8803-4BAC-9149-9DD3EEF3684E.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. A tough decision... I am dreading the day when I have to make that decision for our pup. 8-9 years of happiness is an eternity to a dog

View attachment 8925574
Unfortunately the fluid treatment for Tigger didn’t work so we are having to make the tough decision for his suffering. My little buddy’s time has come and we’ll help him across the rainbow bridge in the next couple of days. He’s been a great dog. This is my favorite photo of him. I’m going to really miss him. We currently have 3 dogs now but before them I hadn’t had a pet since I was 14. We adopted him in 2011 and we were told he was 5 at that time. I hope he feels that we gave him a great life and love him very much.
Absolutely the worst part and it's a wound for life. I have no doubt that he loved the great life with you.

View attachment 8925574
Sorry Buddy, hate to hear this. It's tough that's for sure.

Sorry to hear that Greg.

Love dogs, hate cats. Love your dog. Travel too much to have an animal.

Back