Ashe's usual napping position when I sit in our family room. She digs and pushes all pillows and blankets off and then lies on her back.

View attachment 8966716
That chair/sofa looks just like the one to my left, same color and everything, complete with "pet patina."
The window sill in front of me has "pet patina" as well where they used to look outside at the birds. :love::LOL:
I won't tell you how many dogs this carpet has seen... :eek::ROFLMAO:;)

That chair/sofa looks just like the one to my left, same color and everything, complete with "pet patina."
The window sill in front of me has "pet patina" as well where they used to look outside at the birds. :love::LOL:
I won't tell you how many dogs this carpet has seen... :eek::ROFLMAO:;)
Between to boys and our dogs, the couches have taken a beating. My younger son and I had to repair the frame of the matching couch a few months ago after he decided to jump from the second floor railing onto it. Sigh... :facepalm:

Between to boys and our dogs, the couches have taken a beating. My younger son and I had to repair the frame of the matching couch a few months ago after he decided to jump from the second floor railing onto it. Sigh... :facepalm:
There's a piece of plywood supporting the seating surface of said chair to left... :ROFLMAO: The dogs stayed off the green one to my right. :LOL:
I have some decisions on what stays and goes when I move, for sure... :cool: I should probably bring it for the next dog if I'm smart...

With a new puppy coming in about a month we're thinking about getting a carpet cleaner/shampooer. Do any of you have recommendations?

With a new puppy coming in about a month we're thinking about getting a carpet cleaner/shampooer. Do any of you have recommendations?
We have one of the Hoover carpet cleaner vacs and it’s awesome. Gross seeing how much nasty comes out of the carpet, but still awesome. We don’t have a pet specific one, but I think they make them.

Reactions: KEV
She thinks she a lapdog.
F177009A-19DB-4E49-A88E-6610A340ECFC.jpeg

Fireplace season begins.

20201002_190112.jpg

Snickerdog,

It is a dog and they are on your lap, what is the issue! My basset has more than doubled in weight in ten weeks , from 20 lb to over 45 lb, and she still insists on my lap.

Fireplace season begins.

View attachment 8966832

In our old house we had a wood burning fireplace and Arrow was scared of the crackling sound. In the new house we have a gas fireplace, I am very curious to see if he likes it. I always thought he would like it because he gets cold a lot and is always seeking out the sun spots in the house.

Last edited:
In our old house we had a wood burning fireplace and Arrow was scared of the crackling sound. In the new house we have a gas fireplace, I am very curious to see if he likes it. I always thought he would like it because he gets cold a lot and is always seeking out the sun spots in the house.
I bet he would. Our dogs are the same way. Always following the warm sunlight. Having the fireplace going is relaxing. For some reason having a dog sleeping in front of it makes it that much better :)

I bet he would. Our dogs are the same way. Always following the warm sunlight. Having the fireplace going is relaxing. For some reason having a dog sleeping in front of it makes it that much better :)
We have a siberian husky so she's the opposite. In the summer she sleeps on an AC vent. In the winter she wants to be outside. The noise of the wood burning fireplace doesn't bother her but the heat does. She looks for the coldest spot she can find!!

She loves laying by the fireplace. She gets close but when she gets too warm she will move away for a while. She also seeks out spots where the sun shines through the window and will lay on the floor there. And yes there is something that is just so nice about a dog laying by the fire place and in her case snoring lol.6A04A5F5-80AB-4264-8CD3-BA0FD8417EFD.jpeg

The only place in the house where the sun is hitting and Alfie is lying there

356F3475-6090-4214-B8D0-42938F7C7E3D.jpeg

We have a siberian husky so she's the opposite. In the summer she sleeps on an AC vent. In the winter she wants to be outside. The noise of the wood burning fireplace doesn't bother her but the heat does. She looks for the coldest spot she can find!!
In my college age years, I knew a guy with 3 Siberians that he used to do skijoring in the city of MPLS on the chain of lakes and such.
He had three window air conditioners, and each dog would lay by one in the summer, all day long. VERY expensive hobby in the end!
The fur those wolf like animals would shed! :eek: It just rolled around the wood floors of his house like TUMBLEWEED in BALLS. :eek::ROFLMAO:
He moved up to northern MN with his dogs and hippy chick to live in a teepee. :cool:

My wife sent me this while I was on the course today. Apparently she wasn’t getting dinner fast enough

01B7AF99-B877-4AAD-A77F-6F123AC5B64D.jpeg

Puppies had a wild weekend with two family dogs in town.
1A4543B9-8E35-4FB4-9DFF-A256BA812E1B.jpeg

My 5 month old GSP, Kona. She’s been a handful but she’s incredibly smart. Keeping her busy has been challenging to say the least but training is going really wellView attachment 8967168
Great looking pup!!!!

Reactions: RC
Taking care of this majestic gentle giant for the next month. He’s 130 lbs and you’d be hard pressed to find an ounce of fat.

He enjoys guarding my “6” during conference calls.
EFAB48F3-7998-4588-84A6-22A1DA0E7A62.jpeg

He also likes napping next to me after his watch shift is over.
8066C29F-B41C-4D1D-A861-BCD3441F475E.jpeg

Scary event yesterday. My son calls me at work and says the dog is stumbling and falling and urinating everywhere. I give him the address to Emergency vet and tell him I will meet him there. We get there, and due to Covid, we drop her off and wait for a phone call. We think it is a stroke but it ended up being canine vertigo. With medicine, they think she will recover in 10-14 days. I had never hear of it, but I guess it is common. https://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/healthcare/old-dog-syndrome-and-vestibular-disease

She still is falling down everywhere and it is so bad we had to hand feed her rice this morning. They are pretty certain it wasn’t a stroke and she should recover. The vet said to treat it as vertigo and of it doesn’t get better in a few weeks we can test for other things.

Scary event yesterday. My son calls me at work and says the dog is stumbling and falling and urinating everywhere. I give him the address to Emergency vet and tell him I will meet him there. We get there, and due to Covid, we drop her off and wait for a phone call. We think it is a stroke but it ended up being canine vertigo. With medicine, they think she will recover in 10-14 days. I had never hear of it, but I guess it is common. https://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/healthcare/old-dog-syndrome-and-vestibular-disease

She still is falling down everywhere and it is so bad we had to hand feed her rice this morning. They are pretty certain it wasn’t a stroke and she should recover. The vet said to treat it as vertigo and of it doesn’t get better in a few weeks we can test for other things.

That's so scary! My in-laws had a dog that got dog vertigo and medicine did help.

Sorry to hear that? Did they rule out ear infection? Steroids or anti-biotics? Both?
Its hard when they get old! I'm up for it again though. (y)
Dogs can surprise you and make a big recovery. They're hardy little souls. Just like humans.

Back