Sorry to hear that? Did they rule out ear infection? Steroids or anti-biotics? Both?
Its hard when they get old! I'm up for it again though. (y)
Dogs can surprise you and make a big recovery. They're hardy little souls. Just like humans.
Definitely not an ear infection. She is on anti-nausea and Dramamine now and hope for a recovery. Timing is a little tough on my wife with me being gone Th-Tues. My teens can help, though.

Definitely not an ear infection. She is on anti-nausea and Dramamine now and hope for a recovery. Timing is a little tough on my wife with me being gone Th-Tues. My teens can help, though.
Hope your pup makes a recovery. That is definitely not fun to deal with.

Strange question, but it's ME... ;)
Do you live anywhere near an airport? Or have a lot of air traffic that goes overhead? I've been wanting to ask this of people.
The reason I ask: there is an airport 4.5 miles from me. Since they upgraded their operations 5 years ago to allow flying in of civil unrest protestors day and night into the twin cities, I have developed dizziness and nasuea any time the air traffic is especially heavy when it goes over our house. I always know when the protests are going to start by the amount of sudden air traffic coming in! The Airport council also changed all the plane routes to fly further out around the cities at lower flight heights than they have ever flown before. The planes stopped during the pandemic almost entirely, and my health was as good as it has been in years. This crap is cooking me like a microwave oven day and night, I fear.

My uncle lives about the same distance from another airport, and he's reporting ear ringing and other odd events when planes go over too.
The WORST is when the politicos come to town, and they sweep the area first with choppers and planes for safety. The military craft I find the radar to be SUPER powerful. When I wake up some mornings from that, I just feel SICK and like I had yet another stroke.
(5 people in our neighborhood all had strokes about the same time as I had mine when they expanded the airport operations 5 years ago, yep.)
I fear saying things like this, as the people that run the airports in this city are totally EVIL. OK??

Dogs can sense things we humans cannot, sometimes. It might be something like your neighbor got a new wifi router just on the other side of the wall next door. I can't run wifi in my house. Makes me dizzy and gives me a headache if I get anywhere near the router. Give that some thought?
WIFI does affect the endocrine system in mammals and other functions. My dad died of three brain tumors, so I am just a LITTLE sensitive to this matter. I fear it already has taken a toll on me. The planes are just BUZZING overhead as I type this. Our 14.5 yr old Bischon I had to put down because of SUDDEN loss of bladder function. She got sick too, just like me and dad and mom now too. Mom got sick again right when the air traffic started back up again.

This modern world is probably not meant for man nor beast, any longer. I know I'm weird, but I give serious thought to everything I post.
I've just been through a LOT of VERY weird stuff in my life. A LOT.

Edit: ahhh... its wednesday. The two military cargo jets that they fly out of MSP airport to fly around Duluth/Lake superior for their training mission just went over like clockwork. My left hand has been numb since my stroke 5 years ago. I just got SO numb as those military cargo planes just went over! This is NOT a coincidence.

Last edited:
Strange question, but it's ME... ;)
Do you live anywhere near an airport? Or have a lot of air traffic that goes overhead? I've been wanting to ask this of people.
The reason I ask: there is an airport 4.5 miles from me. Since they upgraded their operations 5 years ago to allow flying in of civil unrest protestors day and night into the twin cities, I have developed dizziness and nasuea any time the air traffic is especially heavy when it goes over our house. I always know when the protests are going to start by the amount of sudden air traffic coming in! The Airport council also changed all the plane routes to fly further out around the cities at lower flight heights than they have ever flown before. The planes stopped during the pandemic almost entirely, and my health was as good as it has been in years. This crap is cooking me like a microwave oven day and night, I fear.

My uncle lives about the same distance from another airport, and he's reporting ear ringing and other odd events when planes go over too.
The WORST is when the politicos come to town, and they sweep the area first with choppers and planes for safety. The military craft I find the radar to be SUPER powerful. When I wake up some mornings from that, I just feel SICK and like I had yet another stroke.
(5 people in our neighborhood all had strokes about the same time as I had mine when they expanded the airport operations 5 years ago, yep.)
I fear saying things like this, as the people that run the airports in this city are totally EVIL. OK??

Dogs can sense things we humans cannot, sometimes. It might be something like your neighbor got a new wifi router just on the other side of the wall next door. I can't run wifi in my house. Makes me dizzy and gives me a headache if I get anywhere near the router. Give that some thought?
WIFI does affect the endocrine system in mammals and other functions. My dad died of three brain tumors, so I am just a LITTLE sensitive to this matter. I fear it already has taken a toll on me. The planes are just BUZZING overhead as I type this.

This modern world is probably not meant for man nor beast, any longer. I know I'm weird, but I give serious thought to everything I post.
I've just been through a LOT of VERY weird stuff in my life. A LOT.
Thanks for your concern. We don't live near an airport and nothing in our home has changed. She is 16 or 17 years old (not sure, when we adopted her they said she was about 5). She is deaf, has arthritis, and her eyesight is getting bad. They won't clean her teeth because they are afraid she won't wake up from being under. I was convinced that she was not coming out of the vet office last night and just glad we get more time with her.

Thanks for your concern. We don't live near an airport and nothing in our home has changed. She is 16 or 17 years old (not sure, when we adopted her they said she was about 5). She is deaf, has arthritis, and her eyesight is getting bad. They won't clean her teeth because they are afraid she won't wake up from being under. I was convinced that she was not coming out of the vet office last night and just glad we get more time with her.
Best of luck. I didn't want to make a weird tangent, but I have a lot on my mind sometimes and I worry about others and humanity, frankly.
((And I need peeps to talk to!!))

Dogs are the best. I can't wait to get another. I have to decide if I can do potty training in the winter. I want the dog to go outside, too.
I brushed the heck out of our Bischon's teeth for her for the 4 years I had her as they couldn't clean them anymore either due to a heart issue.
She'd sit there and INSIST I brush her teeth when I was brushing mine too. :ROFLMAO:

Start:
87AE0016-8E83-4D6C-B0F4-18C98C97E541.jpeg

Finish:
90C6EBB3-2A56-45B8-9CEB-DF387274CEEC.jpeg

Sitting here outside the Vet waiting for my poor girl having some eye issues just sucks. I know she really doesn’t like being with strangers.

Really Luna?!
F9D0C12D-BB9F-48B4-A0CD-870E39F17C27.jpeg

Poor baby is home resting. She only has one good eye and it’s sore. Meds and rest

Look at her sad face.

50A3E3AA-A0E3-4DC2-A91C-B57E2CA600BB.jpeg

My kids.

5D21322E-D215-4014-9722-24ED20D4872E.jpeg
Yogi helped clean my clubs this afternoon. He was paid in full with a greenie for his teeth.

Squirrel watch. He’d rather be on the ground chasing them up trees.

259E9CD0-F90B-41EE-904F-2103C089B425.jpeg

When your ears droop into your bowl......

IMG_0998.JPG

you need a special shape bowl

I remember when personal space was a thing.
B871E3A2-047E-4692-BA70-48BE6E162EA6.jpeg

Luna and Cheyenne had their first visit with our regular vet today. Luna was great and Cheyenne snarled at everyone. But our vet worked with me to go out back so I could muzzle Cheyenne and hold her while they did the physical exam, booster, and bloodwork. I freaking love our vet!

The old girl is still hanging in there.72B114F5-23D9-4306-B6FC-33DAF8BCEEA6.jpeg

Back