Cisco and Katey the cat helping make the bed. Animals have such a heightened sense. Everywhere Melba goes with her walker both critters now follow her since she came home from the hospital.

11 26 pets help.jpg

Last edited:
Just a lazy evening to give our digestive system a break.

1606536581777.jpeg

This knucklehead found a new toy this morning. It was a nightlight she pulled out of the socket... :facepalm:
10C7E200-63F1-4DC6-9CB4-B0CF50E25F0E.jpeg

Mr. Weenie is doing so very good. We are doing all we can to keep him from jumping. Definitely has his spunk back. He is back to bringing me his squeaky ball so we can play and it breaks my heart that I can’t throw it yet. He gives me a look because I won’t throw it yet.

IMG_0009.JPG

Our little girl has just started her first season. We intend to have her spayed after the second one. Meanwhile, she is very sad ,moody and clingy. She is taking her normal position next tot he dishwasher and sulking because mom has made her wear these panties to catch the discharge.😢

Anyone else's dog terrible at the vet? One of ours has gotten progressively worse, where last time I had to body slam and hold him down, and he still scratched me up good. Also had to have a muzzle on him. It was at one of those mobile clinics, so now we have to go to the actual vet and We will need to drastically sedate him.

We gave him 200 mg trazadone, a calming treat, and cbd treats, and still he went nuts lol his first visits were all fine, but just got more and more reactive in time .. anyone got any suggestions?

Doodles gonna doodle.

229B0C9D-4B5F-4666-AC48-0A6DB7F23EBF.jpeg

Anyone else's dog terrible at the vet? One of ours has gotten progressively worse, where last time I had to body slam and hold him down, and he still scratched me up good. Also had to have a muzzle on him. It was at one of those mobile clinics, so now we have to go to the actual vet and We will need to drastically sedate him.

We gave him 200 mg trazadone, a calming treat, and cbd treats, and still he went nuts lol his first visits were all fine, but just got more and more reactive in time .. anyone got any suggestions?
One of our 8 month pups is terrible. Trazadone has no effect at all. I muzzle her and hold her while we do the exam behind the vet and she nervous pees the whole time... Going to try melatonin and Benadryl (separately) next. Fortunately our vet works with us to treat her while we do that.

I’ll just sit here dad.
C18D9785-E2B3-4FB4-963F-EE7134675539.jpeg

Gus.jpg59BBCEAF-2AA7-4E48-8391-DEDABD4A79CD_1_105_c.jpeg
8B262740-95BD-4E9E-AF36-DEEEC7C0205A_1_105_c.jpeg

We go the Senior adoption route. Started with Riley (black lab/hound mix) 6 years ago she's going on 13. Mr Gus was next (Red Fox Lab). Gave him the best 2 years of his life, passed at 14. Our newest is Lilly (Chocolate). 9 y.o. and blind, dumped at a shelter, couldn't say no to her.

I hate taking my pets to the vet as much if not more than I dislike going to the doctor. But I suck it up and do it once a year so I can get my lollipop. 😓 It stresses me out way more than it should

You’re a saint for doing this!!! Those are beautiful pups! 😍
Thank you, it's been easy and very rewarding to us as well. These pups know they've hit the lottery and appreciate every moment.

If anyone is interested in a senior lab or lab adoption in general, let me know and I can offer some rescues.

Looking for some thoughts here, my cats have recently started "protecting" my bedroom from the cleaning service that comes in every other week. She called me to tell me that she was nervous about going into that room because that cats were sitting on the dresser hissing at her. They have never shown any aggression towards me or anyone that didn't pick them up, or my buddy's shi-tzu that comes over once in a while. I have no idea what to tell her other than she might try feeding them but I have them on a schedule that I would rather not change up too much.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Looking for some thoughts here, my cats have recently started "protecting" my bedroom from the cleaning service that comes in every other week. She called me to tell me that she was nervous about going into that room because that cats were sitting on the dresser hissing at her. They have never shown any aggression towards me or anyone that didn't pick them up, or my buddy's shi-tzu that comes over once in a while. I have no idea what to tell her other than she might try feeding them but I have them on a schedule that I would rather not change up too much.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Can you lock them up in a different space while she is there? An aggressive cat is more formidable than people think. I wonder if something has changed in there, there is usually a reason they change behaviors. Maybe they don’t like the scent of the cleaning materials.

Can you lock them up in a different space while she is there? An aggressive cat is more formidable than people think. I wonder if something has changed in there, there is usually a reason they change behaviors. Maybe they don’t like the scent of the cleaning materials.
Maybe, but I'm not there during the day when she cleans. They've been around several different cleaning people in the four years I've had them but they are rather large cats (standing on their hind legs they can wrap their front leg around a door knob to try and open the door) and I wouldn't want to actually fight with one of them, though they've never been anything but playful.

I guess she could open the door to the spare room to give them somewhere to hide.

We may have a problem. This dude is obsessed with the fake tree.
21CBBFAC-213A-4E5C-AEDF-D71169559396.jpeg66FBFBE3-31FB-4175-869D-71FD9D0D73F2.jpeg

Another Mr. Weenie update! He got his staples out yesterday and the vet said he is doing amazing!

If we can “contain” him for another couple weeks, we can take him on walks and such again!

So glad he is doing so well. Mom is very relieved too which is great for Dad!

Back