IMG_0038.JPG

Utter tart.

IMG_0027.JPG

Here the chunky monkey is lying next to my wife's feet while she cooks, looking for scraps.

My new hobby is pulling things out of this one’s mouth... our cats have a basket of toys in the basement and they spend all night bringing them onto the first and second floors. Luna’s favorite thing to do in the morning is see how many of them she can fit in her mouth at once :facepalm:
096761DD-4EDE-4BE7-B460-751441493596.jpeg

You have to be kidding me with this... both cats in/on my legs and not sure how Reggie (gray) can even breathe. How am I supposed to sleep?!
8B26F39F-373F-4914-AA37-57F470E29E88.jpeg

You have to be kidding me with this... both cats in/on my legs and not sure how Reggie (gray) can even breathe. How am I supposed to sleep?!
View attachment 8993669

Haven't you learned by now, that's a you problem, not a them problem. It's their world, we are just lucky enough to live in it. :ROFLMAO:

We're still trying to find our next dog, working with a couple of German Shepherd Rescue outfits, but sometimes these groups can move so slow. I had posted a picture of a beautiful 3 year old that we were hoping to get, but he is going to another family, which is fine with us, he will have a good home.

We are now looking at this guy, a 1 year old German Shepherd - Belgian Malinois mix, He is being surrendered by a woman and her 7 year old daughter, who just aren't comfortable with such a big dog (cute fuzzy puppies do grow up :dohanim:), and we will probably be fostering him for the rescue group, and most likely adopting him permanently. This seems like a win-win for us, we can get to know him for a while to make sure we are a good fit, and if it somehow doesn't work out, although I'm betting it will, we are still helping him find a forever home.

IMG_1267s.jpg

We're still trying to find our next dog, working with a couple of German Shepherd Rescue outfits, but sometimes these groups can move so slow. I had posted a picture of a beautiful 3 year old that we were hoping to get, but he is going to another family, which is fine with us, he will have a good home.

We are now looking at this guy, a 1 year old German Shepherd - Belgian Malinois mix, He is being surrendered by a woman and her 7 year old daughter, who just aren't comfortable with such a big dog (cute fuzzy puppies do grow up :dohanim:), and we will probably be fostering him for the rescue group, and most likely adopting him permanently. This seems like a win-win for us, we can get to know him for a while to make sure we are a good fit, and if it somehow doesn't work out, although I'm betting it will, we are still helping him find a forever home.

View attachment 8993730
He is beautiful. Im gonna guess looking at that face now that you have him he is home and isnt going anywhere. Hope it works out.

Looking at the rescue sites for our next dog, really wanting another German Shepherd, and not finding many dogs available to us. Several of the German Shepherd Rescue outfits in NorCal either have shut down during the pandemic, or scaled back considerably and have few dogs. Some of the bigger outfits in the bay area have dogs that need homes, but seem to think our fenced 2-acres in the Sierra foothills isn't a suitable environment for a German Shepherd. Looks like they think you have to be in the suburbs, with a postage stamp yard, a BMW in the driveway, and a dog park a couple of blocks away to be acceptable. :banghead:

Our most local rescue does have one great looking dog we got to meet yesterday, he is an absolute sweetheart, calm and really well behaved, but he does have some history. We like to think, as do the rescue folks, that his issues were the result of owners that shouldn't of had dogs, and he deserves a second chance. Another family has shown interest in him too, and before we did, so there is a good chance we won't get him, but we have our fingers crossed.

Here's a picture, 3 year old male, not real big, but a beautiful boy that needs a home.

View attachment 8992462
My wife and I do a lot of work for a Shepherd rescue in Wisconsin. In one of her facebook groups she came across a 5yo all white shepherd from a rescue called German Shepherd Rescue of Sacramento Valley. Might want to check it out.

My wife and I do a lot of work for a Shepherd rescue in Wisconsin. In one of her facebook groups she came across a 5yo all white shepherd from a rescue called German Shepherd Rescue of Sacramento Valley. Might want to check it out.
We adopted our last dog, Kai, from German Shepherd Rescue of Sacramento Valley. The guy that runs it, Brian, is a great guy, with an unbelievable passion for dogs in need, especially German Shepherds.

Uh oh, at 11 months old the begging has begun...
BB83DFE7-FA07-49F0-B406-287F796A4C8E.jpeg

BFC5837B-A6B1-4BB1-AFA9-2E4D20AB7A34.jpeg

Well, we are still looking for our next dog. The one we thought we would foster/rescue fell through, the trainer that did the initial evaluation for the rescue group convinced the owner that they had a great dog that just needed some training, so they are keeping him. That of course is best for the dog, getting to stay in his original home, and get the training and attention he deserves.

Nothing really pending right now, just continuing to work with various rescue groups to find the right fit.

we will probably be fostering him for the rescue group, and most likely adopting him permanently.
You do realize adopting a pet you're supposed to be fostering is considered a fail in that world, right? :ROFLMAO:

We would fail as well. It seems the more special needs a pet has, the better of a "fit" they are to us. As far as I'm concerned, those involved in rescue and fostering are saints. But I don't know how they don't become too attached to let them go.

Well we were hoping our next dog would be a little more affectionate and boy have we received that! It's liking like Wally will end up being a pretty big lap dog and loves to be touching/sitting/laying on us.

E9315A2B-DE05-4642-97C7-AF41ED6BA093.jpeg

adopting a pet you're supposed to be fostering is considered a fail in that world

Seriously? Rip from my dying clutches any dog that comes to my house!

We are officially back among the dog owners

5F24D881-8F8B-4433-8ABF-DC8CF7163C30.jpeg
DB8CC80A-A94D-4CE0-9CAC-474B55E638E3.jpeg

Only one dog knows how to play tug of war.

Louis turned 3 today!
992AD469-D7C1-4073-BAD1-7ADBD3E052F1.jpeg

So it turns out our almost 12 month old pups have severe separation anxiety. Wife has been running with one while the other stays in the house while I work. And it’s just nonstop whining the whole time. Not very fun!

Back