The Photography Thread

love the big diesel electrics

jxB8Rgr.jpg

A couple of shots from "back in the day". Both taken with Olympus digital SLR with 90-250 f/2.8 lens here in Tucson. First is a great horned owl. Second is a roadrunner (and yes, he did catch the bug in mid air!)

GHO_8034.jpg

roadrunner_bug_from.jpg

Time to once again revisit the camera thing. When tax returns pay out I need to grab another one, and mirrorless seems the way to go for sure.

Every time I alllllllllmost pull the trigger to upgrade the really well worn DSLR I back off. Ugh.

Time to once again revisit the camera thing. When tax returns pay out I need to grab another one, and mirrorless seems the way to go for sure.

Every time I alllllllllmost pull the trigger to upgrade the really well worn DSLR I back off. Ugh.

Some of the mirrorless options are incredible. I have a micro 4/3 that’s showing its age a bit in terms of things like speed and the screen - it still takes great pictures.

But some of the new ones, especially now that you can get a full frame sensor ina mirrorless camera are nuts.

Some of the mirrorless options are incredible. I have a micro 4/3 that’s showing its age a bit in terms of things like speed and the screen - it still takes great pictures.

But some of the new ones, especially now that you can get a full frame sensor ina mirrorless camera are nuts.

For whatever reason I keep coming back to Sony in my search and research.

Ugh. This is harder than shopping for a damn car.

For whatever reason I keep coming back to Sony in my search and research.

Ugh. This is harder than shopping for a damn car.

It shouldnt be really. They are all going to shoot great pictures, especially for the size the web uses.
If you want video and plan to use auto focus for video, Sony and Panasonic are darn near the only great options.
There are other good options, but for the fastest focus, those two are above the rest, at least with what is currently on the market.

Hard ponder to ditch my Nikon DF and lens for Fuji XT-3. My DF is perfect for what I use. Mostly photos since it doesn’t take videos.
I use Fuji Xt-10 for vacation and it’s so easy and light to use.
I heard XT3 is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp. Its the end of an era. Putting my D3000 out to pasture as I decided to go with the Sony a6500 here on out.

Its a multiple win. Can do video and start recording some HQ stuff of the kiddos as well as getting a photo setup that will just flat out be in better shape than my old 3000 that has been beat to hell over the years.

I'm pretty excited.

Welp. Its the end of an era. Putting my D3000 out to pasture as I decided to go with the Sony a6500 here on out.

Its a multiple win. Can do video and start recording some HQ stuff of the kiddos as well as getting a photo setup that will just flat out be in better shape than my old 3000 that has been beat to hell over the years.

I'm pretty excited.

I like this move and I know you will too.

I like this move and I know you will too.

My wife is going to ****ing murder me.

So, I'm going to start shooting all sorts of videos of the kids to make it more of a maiming I hope lol

My wife is going to ****ing murder me.

So, I'm going to start shooting all sorts of videos of the kids to make it more of a maiming I hope lol

When you get the kit, go straight to burst mode and set to highest rate and then take pics of kids

When you get the kit, go straight to burst mode and set to highest rate and then take pics of kids

Hahaha, HONEY WATCH THIS!!!!

Seriously though, as agile, hostile, and mobile as the littles are, that will be handy.

Hahaha, HONEY WATCH THIS!!!!

Seriously though, as agile, hostile, and mobile as the littles are, that will be handy.

It is crazy fast.

photoshop is annoying to learn but kind of fun.

photoshop is annoying to learn but kind of fun.
It's amazing what you can do with it. I've been "learning" how to use it since version 4, and while I feel pretty adept, and can do just about anything I want with it, there's still so much more I don't know.

Posted by my thumbs.

It's amazing what you can do with it. I've been "learning" how to use it since version 4, and while I feel pretty adept, and can do just about anything I want with it, there's still so much more I don't know.

Posted by my thumbs.

I'm definitley a novice at it. Have used Lightroom for some years now and jumped in to some other adobe stuff on a recent monthly deal they had. I used it a little for the Z Star golf ball article to create some comparison charts. Now I'm just messing around with it and it's frustratingly fun.

I'm definitley a novice at it. Have used Lightroom for some years now and jumped in to some other adobe stuff on a recent monthly deal they had. I used it a little for the Z Star golf ball article to create some comparison charts. Now I'm just messing around with it and it's frustratingly fun.
Just remember: vector masks are your best friend . The more you understand them, the better your results will be.

Posted by my thumbs.

Lightroom is an amazing tool for developing raw files, but it's so limited when it comes to editing. And there's no compositing.

Pretty sure that's why they included the 'edit in Photoshop' feature in lightroom.

Edit first, then color.

Posted by my thumbs.

Lightroom is an amazing tool for developing raw files, but it's so limited when it comes to editing. And there's no compositing.

Pretty sure that's why they included the 'edit in Photoshop' feature in lightroom.

Edit first, then color.

Posted by my thumbs.

yeah it's let me do enough on club photos and such to fix some colors and lighting, but now I'm trying to branch out a bit more.

You jerks have me wanting to mess with Photoshop again. Once upon a time, I used it a lot.

AND, it looks like the 6500 will be here Thursday, I'm excited to start messing with and learning it.

You jerks have me wanting to mess with Photoshop again. Once upon a time, I used it a lot.

trade you photoshop for new camera? deal...cool.

Back