The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
As to not blow up and ruin the purpose of the "Little Birdie" thread, I figured that we could all discuss and banter about JB's cryptic post regarding to possibility of another Morgan Cup here. I figured that it is a topic that everyone will be talking about, so it deserves it's own thread. Banter/discuss away fellow THP'ers!

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I think that depends entirely on the sponsors... And the sponsonrs depend on how much money they made on this one. So... I guess buy a bunch of TM and Callaway stuff.

I can't imagine the sponsors being anything but happy from the 2011 MC. I don't know any specific numbers, but I think this thing got out there pretty well.

I know that it was a ton of work, and while I would love to see another one, I don't know that it is something that could be done annually. It just seems like so much went into it, and it took so much out of JB and GG to get it all put together. I really do hope there are more, and that perhaps I would qualify for it, but is next year too much to hope for? Only JB and GG could really answer that.

Yeah we can only hope for another opportunity so amazing to grace us again.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

The amount of work we all know it had to be tremendous on them. We dont know what the future holds. We can always have hope for the future , but who will say how far in the future.

Id be all over it for sure

Second that. JB and GG did an awesome job on the MC 2011. The video footage, cup ceremony and overall reviews from the players are first class.

Count me in :D

One can only hope.

I think after seeing all the videos and response from this past weekend that there will be A LOT more people trying to get in on it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would die for the chance to play in the Morgan Cup. Unfortunately when they had the chance to get in this event I did not have enough posts yet because I hadn't been a member too long, but since it was a new thing I doubt as many people were jumping all over this chance. I'm sure we can all bet that there are a lot of THPers ready to pounce on the next chance.

Pretty cool indeed.

I think after seeing all the videos and response from this past weekend that there will be A LOT more people trying to get in on it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would die for the chance to play in the Morgan Cup. Unfortunately when they had the chance to get in this event I did not have enough posts yet because I hadn't been a member too long, but since it was a new thing I doubt as many people were jumping all over this chance. I'm sure we can all bet that there are a lot of THPers ready to pounce on the next chance.

It was actually what brought me to THP. It was the first thing I read "want to be a tour player?" caught my eye and man did I want in haha

Wrong thread lol:bananadance::alien:

I think that depends entirely on the sponsors... And the sponsonrs depend on how much money they made on this one. So... I guess buy a bunch of TM and Callaway stuff.

This does depend on the sponors, but as for them making money up front I would have to think that this would be more of a charity thing and a complete tax write off for them. Plus a whole lot of free publisity. So it's really a WIN/WIN for everyone. Just my 2c.

I know that it was a ton of work, and while I would love to see another one, I don't know that it is something that could be done annually. It just seems like so much went into it, and it took so much out of JB and GG to get it all put together. I really do hope there are more, and that perhaps I would qualify for it, but is next year too much to hope for? Only JB and GG could really answer that.

Yes, it was a lot of work, just from what I saw and I wasn't privvy to most of it! Maybe a two year schedule like the Ryder and President Cups. Who knows what they are planning? All they ever do is amaze us anyway.

I agree that it would be insanely awesome to do another Morgan Cup. I joined the site well after the teams were chosen, but really enjoyed watching the coverage and banter between the two teams. I'd be completely privileged to be a part of it next time, if there is a next time. But you can count of me sticking around regardless!!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

please do another!! I bet members are willing to pay more as well to help cover some of the cost. I think even at 1,000.00 its an awesome opportunity. I know I would be willing to drop some additional coin to be involved.

TY

This does depend on the sponors, but as for them making money up front I would have to think that this would be more of a charity thing and a complete tax write off for them. Plus a whole lot of free publisity. So it's really a WIN/WIN for everyone. Just my 2c.

Its not a write off or a charity thing for them, that I assure you. We are not a non-profit, so that part does not work.
Its about branding and ROI and I think based on the amount of eyeballs on the MC, that it was great for both companies.
However some things need to change and will change if we ever do it again.

Its not a write off or a charity thing for them, that I assure you. We are not a non-profit, so that part does not work.
Its about branding and ROI and I think based on the amount of eyeballs on the MC, that it was great for both companies.
However some things need to change and will change if we ever do it again.

The Morgan Cup is, in my opinion, a great vehicle for the sponsors if marketed well (which it was!). A great concept and I think it's got legs and could run! But, as has been said before, it's a heck of a job for JB and GG (plus helpers of course), on top of the already amazing amount of work they put in every day to ensure THP is going from strength to strength.

If anybody is interested in a "next Morgan Cup", I strongly suggest watching my recap video in the Morgan Cup Recap thread. Its long but worth it.
That is all.

I'll be watching.

If anybody is interested in a "next Morgan Cup", I strongly suggest watching my recap video in the Morgan Cup Recap thread. Its long but worth it.
That is all.

I can't wait to see what 2.0 is all about. Rest assured I'll be doing everything I can to be a part of it.

That is all.

I watched and was intrigued:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back