The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly why I created a thread with the videos. If you missed even a few days of the banter here and there, you missed a handful of videos.

And thats exactly where i watched what i missed, i also saw the JB and GG productions thread in off topic. That thread you created saved my sanity lol

Can it and will it that is a great question. But in The end someone is going to be left with a bitter taste in their mouth. I dont think everyone can come out a winner is this. Sucks put thats how it is.

THP comes out a winner. This isn't about certain forum members and who gets what, it's about a huge commitment to THP!

I believe thousands got to enjoy it now though right? Through coverage? Or are we talking strictly about the equipment?

I enjoyed the cast a lot Bigsy had to help me get to it because I couldnt get on. I had both computers set up One just for the feed. I stay tuned even when there was no one in the shot

This thread needs a video from Captain Intensity right about now.

Tapping my way down the highway

I think most of the participants did a good job. Some better than others. Getting the forum involved isn't easy and I see that quite often. It bothers me, but I try to remember that as much as this is a community, forums are by nature a bit of a selfish. People are here for what they are here for and not a lot can change that.

We can't all post in every thread. Hell, I have tons of posts and there are threads I don't read or post in. We all have our interests I guess. I do try to post in almost every one, but it doesn't always happen.

That said, giving cop out responses to the issue of why you don't post in certain threads is lame. If you feel left out in a thread you can get left in pretty easily. Don't blame others and say it was too inclusive. Get included. Look at cookie. That dude doesn't know any of the MC'rs, but he was there all the time. He missed a day or two and came back in.

Yeah and he got in with like 6 weeks to go. The stalker in me knows:alien:
Cook really got involved 1st week of July. The thread had already been up for 5 months at that point. It didn't stop him one bit. He made himself part of it.

The truth is, if we do it again, there has to be MAJOR changes. Starting with criteria and getting in, moving towards forum participation of those involved, and finishing with afterwards still being here. All of these things will be changed and I am guessing that will eliminate a lot of these "issues" that are around right now. Because both activity level during the buildup was not what it should have been and CERTAINLY post event.

Its funny right now as we sit and speak with the OEMs and how much they follow the forum for the thoughts on their equipment from the event. The two captains were well aware of this during the build up and we spoke about participation levels. However I never thought for a second that this would even be spoken about post event. Not in a million years. But you live and learn.

I'm just giving feedback as to why I think it blows that some of us should automatically be excluded. The excuses for not participating in the MC thread are I'm sure valid. I'm only pointing out that many of you who are coming up with the reasons share the same exact feelings. SO I guess the question is this: how can all this be avoided in the future?

It can't be avoided. I don't think you guys should automatically be excluded: no reason for it and anyone who thinks that you should really needs to reconsider. The MC thread was great to read, but not necessarily to post in for a lot of the guys not participating. There would be a TON of catch up if you were out for a whole day, etc, etc. I loved it, but there will always be people who feel "left out". We just have to hope that they will understand eventually and move on.

I was getting my thoughts together and was going to post something tomorrow when I was more rested as I have been travelling all day, but this thread has gotten so heated I wanted to post now. This thread is supposed to be about The Morgan Cup 2.0 and what can be changed for the betterment of the forum we all like to spend our time in. Somehow this thread got really angry and I'm not sure how that happened but we all need to calm down.

I can see how people got intimidated or found their posts to get lost in the banter that happened in the MC thread. We found that as well as MC'ers, if you came into the discussion at the wrong time you could have all of your posts missed for a while, or have to leave the thread for a day and try and get back on track. I loved all the support of any posts that others would add to the mix, and just because the post was not quoted, does not mean that it went unread.

Please everyone remember that the this was the first ever Morgan Cup, maybe the only, and not all the bugs were worked out or even known about since it had never happened before. knowbody knew how that thread would go, we didn't know what to post sometimes, how the trash talk would be received, or how to get the other members of THP involved. There were a lot of other things that most would agree should be changed for the next one, but there was no way to find that out until the first one had occured.

I am tired and find I am rambling, but I want to say this, I loved being in the Morgan Cup, I loved that thread and everything that was involved. No matter who is in the next MC, if there is a MC 2.0, I will be involved heavily in that thread, and will do all the IT setup needed to make sure the coverage of this event is even better than the first. Like TC, you will find me at the Morgan Cup 2.0 whether I am competing in it or not and I hope we can all just calm down and talk about what could be best for this incredible event.

I think this is a great post that shouldn't be ignored

I'm just giving feedback as to why I think it blows that some of us should automatically be excluded. The excuses for not participating in the MC thread are I'm sure valid. I'm only pointing out that many of you who are coming up with the reasons share the same exact feelings. SO I guess the question is this: how can all this be avoided in the future?

It can't be. Atleast not easily. Because people are going to feel left out if not chosen. It's just natural. It just like when we see club testing..all these new people come and post why they should be selected and once not chosen they leave this place till the next testing.

Ya'll are causing me to miss a good couch nap with all this carrying on..... I forgot what we are arguing about but anyways a good Town Hall meeting always stirs the pot. If we don't take it personal and get some good ideas out of this, Team THP will capitalize on the input. Sounds like plenty of folks are passionate about having another Morgan Cup for sure and I think some great ideas will come in time.

THP comes out a winner. This isn't about certain forum members and who gets what, it's about a huge commitment to THP!

I agree that THP comes out a winner. I was referring to the members and people being upset. Im pretty sure that JB & GG have had their feeling upset. It has to be extremely hard trying to please everyone when it is virtually Impossible to do it. Realistically not everyone is going to be happy no matter what happens in the end. Its sad . That it comes to that but everyone is going to have a different thought about it being fair or unfair

The truth is, if we do it again, there has to be MAJOR changes. Starting with criteria and getting in, moving towards forum participation of those involved, and finishing with afterwards still being here. All of these things will be changed and I am guessing that will eliminate a lot of these "issues" that are around right now. Because both activity level during the buildup was not what it should have been and CERTAINLY post event.

Its funny right now as we sit and speak with the OEMs and how much they follow the forum for the thoughts on their equipment from the event. The two captains were well aware of this during the build up and we spoke about participation levels. However I never thought for a second that this would even be spoken about post event. Not in a million years. But you live and learn.

I agree with you. I don't know how to fix things either, and that bothers me the most.

It can't be. Atleast not easily. Because people are going to feel left out if not chosen. It's just natural. It just like when we see club testing..all these new people come and post why they should be selected and once not chosen they leave this place till the next testing.

People were not chosen for the Morgan Cup.

I think this is spot-on. I'm super curious to see what solutions are made because this is something that I'm sure most of us THP'ers would like to have back whether we take part or not.

It can't be avoided. I don't think you guys should automatically be excluded: no reason for it and anyone who thinks that you should really needs to reconsider. The MC thread was great to read, but not necessarily to post in for a lot of the guys not participating. There would be a TON of catch up if you were out for a whole day, etc, etc. I loved it, but there will always be people who feel "left out". We just have to hope that they will understand eventually and move on.

I've been gone for three days and there have been lots of posts on THP. I may not read them all, but that's going to stop me from posting in threads I'm regularly active in. Feeling left out is often a product of the person rather than the situation imo.

I've been gone for three days and there have been lots of posts on THP. I may not read them all, but that's going to stop me from posting in threads I'm regularly active in. Feeling left out is often a product of the person rather than the situation imo.

QFT!

Spot on Hawk. Either jump in or sit back and complain about being left out. That's what I don't understand.

It seems apparent that some forum members felt they couldn't or weren't comfortable getting involved in the big lead up thread to TMC. If we have a number here in a small sample indicating that was the case, then you know the percentage must be pretty good for the entire membership. Something was keeping them out: trash talk, videos, the lack of golf themed talk, too much or too little equipment talk, the overall tone of the thread?

Maybe it was a combination of a lot of things. But it certainly sounds like forum members were afraid to get involved.

Kevin

right on Hawk!
I want to ignore you, but I can't

Maybe this isn't the place for this question, but is/was there any feedback from the OEM's? I've been wondering.

I think people need to really read what TC has said thus far in this thread. His opinions are very strong as he was a big part of the MC. He has spread a lot of wisdom.

Maybe this isn't the place for this question, but is/was there any feedback from the OEM's? I've been wondering.

They give us feedback every single day. I dont think its forum appropriate or necessary though. Its about the Morgan Cup and how it went. That is for the organizers in my opinion.

I think people need to really read what TC has said thus far in this thread. His opinions are very strong as he was a big part of the MC. He has spread a lot of wisdom.

Is this just b/c I'm an open Phil homer? LOL! Nah, thanks man. I'm just trying to understand.

Now that is a good post IMO. I miss time or get busy with work (was worse in the past while I was still coaching football) but I'm always back and around, I just don't get the whole feeling left out thing.

Is this just b/c I'm an open Phil homer? LOL! Nah, thanks man. I'm just trying to understand.

I get you totally. Your opinions just make sense to me.

I'm gonna ask it even though I don't want to. Was anyone else turned off by all the angry trash talk? I personally did not like the tone sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back