The Publix Sub Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
@BigDill recent post reminded we needed a thread on this. If you are in FL where they are from or in the South in the few states they are located, you know where to get a sub.

What's your order and why?

@BigDill recent post reminded we needed a thread on this. If you are in FL where they are from or in the South in the few states they are located, you know where to get a sub.

What's your order and why?

Despite being from upstate NY, I'm a huge Publix sub fan. My daughter lives a couple blocks from Publix in Tampa and everytime I'm in Tampa, I stop in for a sub. And anytime I'm in Florida, I usually hit Publix for a sub.. Italian sub or the Ultimate sub for me.

Chicken Tender tossed in buffalo, ranch on the bread, or an Italian.

I'm pretty boring, I usually get turkey, no cheese, on white with mayo, deli mustard, lettuce, tomato, extra pickles, salt, pepper, oregano and vinegar. Sometimes I will add cucumbers or jalapeños.

I haven’t heard of this! How do these compare to Wawa hoagies?

• Admin
We have an office near Atlanta. Last time I was there, we went to Publix for lunch and it did not disappoint.

I believe I got Roast Beef and it was delicious

Publix is good, but head north and try Wegman's

Now you're hurting me. I have to travel west on the Thruway to get to a Wegmans. No Wegmans in the Capital District. :(:cry:

Friggin Publix man......best subs and in my personal opinion deli counter out there.

Friggin Publix man......best subs and in my personal opinion deli counter out there.

It was weird that it was a criteria to have that here when we moved to Nashville. :ROFLMAO:

the publix sub is a thing of beauty. many delicious options, but i can't quit the boars head ultimate on white, mayo on both sides, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, jalapeno peppers, and a small drizzle of oil.

Love THP. Ya learn so much.We have Publix in Charlotte. I travel in Florida a lot and my mother in law is in O-Town. I will be doing the sub soon.

I'm pretty boring, I usually get turkey, no cheese, on white with mayo, deli mustard, lettuce, tomato, extra pickles, salt, pepper, oregano and vinegar. Sometimes I will add cucumbers or jalapeños.
That's a lot of stuff. My Italian is white bread with mayo and one pass of vinegar, the meat and a little bit of lettuce.

Publix Italian on whole wheat. Provolone cheese. Oil and vinegar on the bread. Toasted with lettuce, tomato, and pickles. Either meat is fine too.

It was weird that it was a criteria to have that here when we moved to Nashville. :ROFLMAO:
Haha.....to be fair, if we had it, i wouldnt want to lose it. Still the best grocer ive been to and frequented when i lived in FL. Btw......their chicken tenders from the hot counter???? oooffffff i could plow off a good six of those in a sitting.

Love me some Publix subs, especailly the Publix Italian sub!! Italian 5 Grain, Provolone, light banana peppers, lettuce, salt, pepper, oregano, with oil and vinefar. So good!!

Haha.....to be fair, if we had it, i wouldnt want to lose it. Still the best grocer ive been to and frequented when i lived in FL. Btw......their chicken tenders from the hot counter???? oooffffff i could plow off a good six of those in a sitting.
You never had a chicken tender sub?

On most days, I am a Boars Head turkey on white bread with cheddar, lettuce, onion, pickle, black olives, banana peppers, and salt and pepper. I then either take a packet of oil and vinegar to go, or apply my own stock at home. That way I don't get a soggy sub.

But on days when the chicken tender sub is on sale, then its chicken Tender on white, with cheddar, onions, pickles, and buffalo sauce.

We love them so much, I bought this for my wife:

White_Hoodie_1200x.jpg

If there was a Pub sub putter cover, I'd probably buy one.

Image result for pub sub shirt

On most days, I am a Boars Head turkey on white bread with cheddar, lettuce, onion, pickle, black olives, banana peppers, and salt and pepper. I then either take a packet of oil and vinegar to go, or apply my own stock at home. That way I don't get a soggy sub.

But on days when the chicken tender sub is on sale, then its chicken Tender on white, with cheddar, onions, pickles, and buffalo sauce.

We love them so much, I bought this for my wife:

White_Hoodie_1200x.jpg
Would you like to get text alerts of when the chicken tender subs are going on sale?

I. Miss. Publix.

Back