The Publix Sub Thread

Don’t @ me, but I think if you could take Subway’s sub roll and use that for a Publix sub, you would then have the perfect sub. I love a Pub sub, but I don’t always love the sub roll.

☝️☝️☝️☝️This x1000! Publix needs a softer bread!

☝☝☝☝This x1000! Publix needs a softer bread!

it's not the softest, i'll give you that. would be nice to see them add a softer option. but i love their white sub roll.

it's not the softest, i'll give you that. would be nice to see them add a softer option. but i love their white sub roll.
And the best meat on a sub anywhere

And the best meat on a sub anywhere

now i'm jonesing for a publix sub. i've never had a chicken tender sub. might need to fix that tomorrow.

now i'm jonesing for a publix sub. i've never had a chicken tender sub. might need to fix that tomorrow.
My last tender sub I did Buffalo style it was good

Exactly! I don’t hate Publix bread, but I wish it was a little softer.

I tried the chicken tender sub on flatbread once! That was a huge mess! Would not recommend.

I tried the chicken tender sub on flatbread once! That was a huge mess! Would not recommend.

i think your mistake was trying to combine "chicken tender" with "flatbread." some things don't need to be fancy. some things should just be what they are. :ROFLMAO:

Don’t @ me, but I think if you could take Subway’s sub roll and use that for a Publix sub, you would then have the perfect sub. I love a Pub sub, but I don’t always love the sub roll.

Tell them to toss it in buffalo sauce. Maybe a little ranch on the bread, if you like.

Tell them to toss it in buffalo sauce. Maybe a little ranch on the bread, if you like.

i was thinking honey mustard. i'm not usually a big buffalo sauce guy. although @BigDill adding chick-fil-a sauce sounds like another brilliant idea.

i was thinking honey mustard. i'm not usually a big buffalo sauce guy. although @BigDill adding chick-fil-a sauce sounds like another brilliant idea.

It's Publix, they probably would.

I had one again today! It is defiantly a solid choice. Do it!

Check your Publix, chicken tender subs went on sale here today.

I’m going to be in Florida next week. There is a strong probability that I will be going to Publix and getting a sub at some point.

This thread made for a great icebreaker a few weeks ago. We met our daughter's in-laws for the first time, They were visiting from The Villages, and as we were sitting around the table, I said, "So I have to ask: are Publix subs really as good as I've heard?"

Ice broken. Thanks, THP!

for someone no longer in publix territory.. this thread is just one big tease :cry:

Had the Italian pub sub tonight. It was good. I like to let it rest and let the oil/vinegar really soak into the veggies and bread.

I have been really into the multigrain bread lately. It’s so good. But boy oh boy does it do a number on the roof of my mouth. Like chewing glass.

LOL ... I have missed this thread until now. Yes, Publix subs are top notch. For me, it's a chicken tender sub! Mmm ... good.

Back