The PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer Review

No other problems other than trying to figure out if something works as far as I know.
But there is a bit about it being uphill that does change the dynamic a bit.

I meant like it hitting the circle, going off the side, etc. Too much data at that point.

Hmm, I’ve never had any issues with the return distance, and I’ve got 24 kids using four of them pretty much daily.

I think there comes a line where it crosses into splitting hairs and looking for something to be off. Are the distance going to be 100% exact? No, but I don’t recall anyone saying it’s exact, rather simply that it gives the user feedback to gauge by.

I look forward to the experiment and the comprehensive data though. A lot of things to take into account there to ensure precise dependent and independent variables within a controlled environment.

Hmm, I’ve never had any issues with the return distance, and I’ve got 24 kids using four of them pretty much daily.

I think there comes a line where it crosses into splitting hairs and looking for something to be off. Are the distance going to be 100% exact? No, but I don’t recall anyone saying it’s exact, rather simply that it gives the user feedback to gauge by.

I look forward to the experiment and the comprehensive data though. A lot of things to take into account there to ensure precise dependent and independent variables within a controlled environment.

This was not a witch hunt or anything. It was a device they were using internally and the thought crossed their mind to test it. No different than what we do here with claims daily in our reviews.

Well that's interesting, looking forward to the test and results.

This is exactly how I have always understood it. Apparently testing showed something else, so I am going to rig something up after all of this travel to give it a whirl. Im wondering if its the way the leading edge of the design sits on a green causing a bump.

If it was tested on actual green (real grass), I could see things being more different. Maybe the grain causes a difference in one direction too.

Just came to me that I have never tested the trainer on actual grass.......I have only used it on my mat.

Just came to me that I have never tested the trainer on actual grass.......I have only used it on my mat.

It’s very useful on grass, especially on busy putting greens or ones that are dumb and don’t have holes cut. I keep mine in my bag for that exact reason

It’s very useful on grass, especially on busy putting greens or ones that are dumb and don’t have holes cut. I keep mine in my bag for that exact reason

Ill have to remember that.

Are you guys doing any specific drills when practicing?

This tool has migrated up to my home office as of late. Great way to practice while I'm on conference calls, which happens too often for my tastes but allows me to actually get some work in while still paying attention to work (for the most part).

This tool has migrated up to my home office as of late. Great way to practice while I'm on conference calls, which happens too often for my tastes but allows me to actually get some work in while still paying attention to work (for the most part).

This. I have too many telcos where I need to be present but do not require much attention. Putting also acts like zen meditation, doing something which requires concentration also helps to concentrate on other things.

Just picked up one of these to give it a try.

Just ordered one waiting for it to arrive, can't practice a lot here in MN winter.

Just ordered one waiting for it to arrive, can't practice a lot here in MN winter.

You'll love it. It'll drive you mad, but man, it works.

Time to break out the matt and this guy again, and get some practice in.

With this and the mat it's rare that I pull out the birdieball green anymore. Thinking about scrapping it altogether for a better indoor chipping setup. I also love that I can put this anywhere with a reasonable carpet and get my frustration infused practice in. I use it in my office on boring conference calls or for a few putts on my way in/out of the room when I work from home a lot.

Anybody else use it for the perfect chip? I chip from just off the mat using a 47 - 52 - 56 wedge. I can run it up the ramp of the pressure trainer nearly every time but its pretty rare to have one stick.

Anybody else use it for the perfect chip? I chip from just off the mat using a 47 - 52 - 56 wedge. I can run it up the ramp of the pressure trainer nearly every time but its pretty rare to have one stick.

I now have to try this... Didn't even cross my mind.

You'll love it. It'll drive you mad, but man, it works.

Totally agree that it will drive you mad. Just want that ball to stay in the hole. stay in the hole. It becomes addictive, in that you just keep trying to get the ball to stay, but when it finally does you feel like you are a pro putter.

I now have to try this... Didn't even cross my mind.

It is crazy how much harder you have to hit the next club to get it to the cup. I will hit my 47* until its dialed in and then jump two clubs to the 56* you have to give it quite a bit more power to get it there.

Jesus Christ now I'm going to have to make this part of my nightly routine

But yes.... I absolutely LOVE this thing... it's way more fun that putting into a cut out hole on a putting green mat.

My putting has improved, and it allows you to really hone in some skills. I watched the Malaska youtube video on lining up putts, so now I can actually work on the technique of my putting (line, sighting, rolling end over end) and landing it in the top cut out let's me know I did everything pretty perfectly.

Best chunk of change I've thrown at amazon in a while

I just won the Coach Lockey give away on twitter. With it comes a PuttOut putting mat, a PuttOut and 3 dozen chrome soft balls. I'm excited for it to arrive and give it a try. I've been thinking about buying one for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I just won the Coach Lockey give away on twitter. With it comes a PuttOut putting mat, a PuttOut and 3 dozen chrome soft balls. I'm excited for it to arrive and give it a try. I've been thinking about buying one for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Congrats! I was hoping would be a THP'er if it wasn't me. Haha

I need need need their new mirror and gate setup!

Back