The PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Watched some videos on this but was waiting for the THP (aka..REAL) review for this device before forming an opinion. Simple and effective is good IMO. Thanks James!

Seeing this all over social media made me curious about picking one up. Now that I've read James' review and seen some more (and much better) pictures of the unit I'm leaning toward picking one up and giving it a try. It looks well thought out in design, sturdy in build, and small enough to put in your bag to use on the practice green as well as in the home.

I really enjoyed reading this review. As I was reading it, I kept saying, "I need this in my office!"
I was just thinking the same thing. Perfect for long conference calls.

Great review James! Thorough and objective as always. I'm typically a little skeptical about new training devices, but your high praise of this particular device alleviated that.

Thanks all, this is one that I've already ordered two more of for my HS kids, no, it's not a replacement for traditional practice, but its a fantastic supplement imo.

Thanks all, this is one that I've already ordered two more of for my HS kids, no, it's not a replacement for traditional practice, but its a fantastic supplement imo.
Is there anything that comes with this trainer that outlines some drills that might help best utilized this device? While I realize it's somewhat straight forward, I'm considering it for myself, but also as a gift and thought that would be cool if they offered something like that.

I read the review and it seems like a good way to practice, but I'm still on the fence on whether to order one or not.

Will be ordering one of these for the offices for sure (home and at work). Good write up, Jman :clapp:

Thanks James. Just placed an order for one.

Yeah I think you have me sold. It's been on the amazon wishlist, but I'm always putting around the house. I might as well have this thing to keep me entertained. Or frustrated....

It's in my Amazon Cart - any game to interest my 10 yr old in golf is going to get in the cart.

Thx.

This is an interesting comment. Do you have you guys putt on the carpet at home? Or will this be used at the course?

This is an interesting comment. Do you have you guys putt on the carpet at home? Or will this be used at the course?
It'll be used outdoors, as I mentioned in the review it's equally useful outdoors as it is indoors. It's multi faceted.

It'll be used outdoors, as I mentioned in the review it's equally useful outdoors as it is indoors. It's multi faceted.

Yeah I read that just wondering how this would be more beneficial over just rolling putts at a hole on the putting green.

Yeah I read that just wondering how this would be more beneficial over just rolling putts at a hole on the putting green.
That's something I tried to address in the review as well. It's not a replacement and imo shouldn't be viewed as one, it's a supplement. Not only does it provide primary and secondary aim points through its base (literally, the base) design, but its also mobile meaning it can be utilized as an extra practice spot on a crowded green. A good training or practice aid doesn't replace anything, it supplements it, no different than the use of additional texts or data in a classroom.

That's something I tried to address in the review as well. It's not a replacement and imo shouldn't be viewed as one, it's a supplement. Not only does it provide primary and secondary aim points through its base (literally, the base) design, but its also mobile meaning it can be utilized as an extra practice spot on a crowded green. A good training or practice aid doesn't replace anything, it supplements it, no different than the use of additional texts or data in a classroom.

Copy that, thanks for the explanation

The PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer Review

I've been rocking two of these since early release way back when. This is by far the the best putting aid I have ever used. 28 putts last tourney on greens that were fast.

I keep one in my bag to use when warming up on the greens. I prefer putting multiple putts to the PuttOut to get my rhythm and speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been looking at this for awhile now, just haven't pull the trigger due to my uneven wooden flooring. Trying to find some think mat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This one looks like a brilliant idea. Use it on the putting green at the course, use it in the basement, use it in a hotel room.

The idea of hitting it past the hole that specific distance is a very smart training idea. Really wish you could find these in store to try out!

I spent about 35-40 minutes the last two days working with one of these. Trying to figure out a putter to throw in the bag, and figure out why the heck I can't make a short putt to save my life. Fun little aid, and the perfect putt is frustratingly fun.

I spent about 35-40 minutes the last two days working with one of these. Trying to figure out a putter to throw in the bag, and figure out why the heck I can't make a short putt to save my life. Fun little aid, and the perfect putt is frustratingly fun.
It's awesome isn't it? Addicting, and humbling.

It's awesome isn't it? Addicting, and humbling.
I bought one for my dad as part of his Father's day gift and then added one for myself. I'm a fan, it's simple and fun.

Back