The Quick Six: Odyssey Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some new releases make larger splashes than others. Then there are those that hit many golfers in the feels with a combination of throwback and passion to go along with performance. Odyssey seems to have nailed the latter with the release this year of the White Hot OG. We wanted to dive in a bit deeper, so sat down with Luke Williams for another episode of the Quick Six.

Untitled-4-2-1024x692.jpg

THP: White Hot OG burst back onto the scene this year.  How long was this in development to bring back and why now?

Luke Williams: We’ve been talking for years about bringing back White Hot and when and how best to do it. It’s an insert that the world’s best players and golfers alike really love even all these years later. The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Always enjoy anything with Luke, that was a solid Quick Six and I’m beyond pumped the OG is going to kick it in the lineup a while longer!

Nice Q&A. Enjoyed that and interested to see what Odyssey has up there sleeves for the future!

Great read and insight from Luke.

Odyssey's lineup this year is outstanding, and it's only April. I have a suspicion that Luke and team are going to bring the fire this year, and we haven't even heard anything on the Toulon/milled side!

I really enjoyed the 2 ball. I need to go hit these in store again. Nice write up with Luke.

Awesome! Love putter insights from Luke!

Love the quick little insight! Really love the breakdown of the differences in the the two inserts.

Great quick read! Patiently waiting for the “long version to come out!!!!

Just purchased the OG 7S this week and looking forward to getting it on the greens

Can't believe he didn't announce the Ten 2 Ball with the OG WH Insert.

Aaaaaaaand I'm officially excited for what they've got tucked in the pipeline. Awesome Quick Six!

Luke is the man, only question is, when is the putting podcast coming back? Think we got 2 episodes then dunzo?

Loved everything about the 2Ball Ten Tour Lined putter that I bought, but just can't get along with the Microhinge insert, so back to my old Odyssey V-Line with a White Hot insert. I'm hoping that Odyssey comes out with a 2Ball Ten Tour Lined with the White Hot insert. Just make it a custom option, like the Toulon Garage, and charge another $100.

So may great options form Odyssey. We need more @Luke WilliamsCG he is the best!

Good Q&A, always nice to hear from Luke and excited to see what Odyssey has up their sleeve!

Love listening to @Luke WilliamsCG talk putters, you can hear how much he enjoys it.

Good info there. Can't wait to see what other models the white hot insert comes to. I know Sean teased it coming to the Ten. Probably one of my more anticipated club purchases this year will be a new putter with the white hot insert. And the 2-ball 10 with that looks like it would be a perfect fit for me.

Great stuff!

I hope Luke and team consider bringing back shapes like Jailbird, V-Line Fang and Sabertooth one of these days. :cool:

I loved Jailbird. Think we were in the minority though haha.

Back