Great information JB. I have a set of irons with pured shafts. When i compared the same iron head with the same shaft (one Pured and the other not) the pured one had a significantly tighter dispersion. It could all be in my head but we repeated the test without me knowing which was which and it kept coming out the same. I don't necessarily feel anything different when swinging them though.
I think you answered a number of questions for people, so thank you for sharing your experience.

I think you answered a number of questions for people, so thank you for sharing your experience.
Always happy to. If anyone wants to see the pureing information sheets they send when they do the shafts I'm happy to post mine up.

If shaft companies want a good selling point,, they should do this. and label them accordingly.

I have always been curious about this buy never hit a pured shaft. In my mind i always wonder if there are all these imperfections causing a shaft to need this, how is there guaranteed a "pure" alignment on any given shaft? That said, it is intriguing and i would like to try for myself sometime.

Good time for a bump on this one.

How many of you guys are familiar with the process or have experienced a PUREd shaft?
I am familiar with the process, and I now have 3 PUREd shafts in my bag, thanks to Club Champion.

I haven't had big misses with two of the clubs that were PUREd, so that is pretty nice. Since I can't really compare those shafts to not PUREd shafts, I can't really say I can tell a difference. I've also been hitting my non-PUREd shafted clubs really well lately, so add that to the mix.

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, I 100% agree that an oscillating shaft has a configuration that is most stable. I also believe that it can't 100% translate to the golf swing. The puring process is done in a horizontal configuration, with loading in the vertical direction, the golf swing is anything but horizontal.

Does it help some? I am sure it does.

Has Keenan Phillips from True Temper weighed in on this? I’d be interested to hear his take. I recently bought the Project X RDX Blue without the puring.

I have had all of my shafts PUREd, I’m in the camp of if it maximizes performance, even if it isn’t completely tangible, it’s a benefit. I can see why shaft companies would avoid, or even, downplay the benefits as it would imply an inherent imperfection in their products. While SST is obviously going to focus on their benefits.

Back