KZG Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Ever wanted to rebuild the swing? I don’t necessarily mean start over from scratch, but basically doing so, without erasing any natural athleticism you might have?

Any reason you have or have not?

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 14
I haven't because it would most likely be too time consuming to see the end result. Would most likely revert back to old swing in the end.

jlew2144

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah think about it all the time. Think time and $$ is what prevents most from doing it.

TexasHacker34

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I think about it all the time, but I don't have the time nor the money to devote to it.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
No, had an instructor that wanted to do that to me though.

i think I’m close just need to put everything together.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Yeah think about it all the time. Think time and $$ is what prevents most from doing it.
I went to go visit GolferGal’s original instructor, who is at a new club now and we got to talking about it. How he never recommends that up front, but for someone that has the patience and “want” it can be done.

jlew2144

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I went to go visit GolferGal’s original instructor, who is at a new club now and we got to talking about it. How he never recommends that up front, but for someone that has the patience and “want” it can be done.
As someone who picked the game up “later” in life I’m pretty sure I’d be able to manage a bit better than someone who’s been playing all their life. I just think that the cost associated with it prohibits me from diving head first. Hit the lotto? Yep I will be more than willing to do an overhaul.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
As someone who picked the game up “later” in life I’m pretty sure I’d be able to manage a bit better than someone who’s been playing all their life. I just think that the cost associated with it prohibits me from diving head first. Hit the lotto? Yep I will be more than willing to do an overhaul.
Yeah that’s an interesting question. I think you are probably right.

TexasHacker34

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I feel the same way. I didn't pick it up until College, and so I have been playing for about 10 years off and on. I think it would be easier to start over, but still a ton of time that I just don't have to devote to learning a brand new swing.

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m actually doing this now. I was out of golf for about 10 years and thought it’d be great to start from scratch this time around. Weird thing is the old habits from years ago were still dominant. These habits weren’t even my natural ones from when I first started but were the result of some bad bad teaching that I went through that I engrained. It is very difficult to undo those old pathways.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m actually doing this now. I was out of golf for about 10 years and thought it’d be great to start from scratch this time around. Weird thing is the old habits from years ago were still dominant. These habits weren’t even my natural ones from when I first started but were the result of some bad bad teaching that I went through that I engrained. It is very difficult to undo those old pathways.
Working with an instructor to completely rebuild? Good for you man. When it clicks, you are going to be lethal out there.

J.B. Cobb III

2020 Goals Set!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
In the middle of doing that very thing right now. I was so messed up, it was easier to start at the beginning or the basics and go from there.

jlew2144

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I feel the same way. I didn't pick it up until College, and so I have been playing for about 10 years off and on. I think it would be easier to start over, but still a ton of time that I just don't have to devote to learning a brand new swing.
I started taking it seriously a little under 4 years ago so think given the time and money to do it I’d love it.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5.7 Grint
Didn't totally rebuild this summer, but instructor really got me swinging better than I ever have before. We did make some significant changes.

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8 USGA
It seems like anytime I get things going right and I start playing well, something goes wrong and I lose everything. So I often have no choice but to start over.

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Working with an instructor to completely rebuild? Good for you man. When it clicks, you are going to be lethal out there.
Thanks! No instructor yet. I am making steady progress on my own for now but I’m getting close to wanting to find someone. But a bad golf teacher is worse than a bad dentist.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! No instructor yet. I am making steady progress on my own for now but I’m getting close to wanting to find someone. But a bad golf teacher is worse than a bad dentist.
i might disagree on that last line, but I get it ?

NoShanks

2019 Grandaddy
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am planning to go through some type of rebuild of my swing next year. It’s more of a fix rather than a rebuild I would say. I have a good base to start with and just need to get my swing plane tighten up. Will mostly be doing the work myself

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am trying to work on such a rebuild right now. I'm not young but have good athleticism and hand eye coordination. I can generate club speed and create solid ball strikes. But the ways in which I do that create swing variability and inconsistency. So I am specifically working on swing changes that keep the good aspects of what I do and give me more consistent control. I am my own worst enemy in this endeavor. It is slow and at times I just want to do my thing and swing freely. When i do that it feels good but is clearly a step backwards. I know the direction I am going is the right answer for how I want to play. Grind on I will.

j_sizzle9

Hosel Rocket
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6-9ish
Ever wanted to rebuild the swing? I don’t necessarily mean start over from scratch, but basically doing so, without erasing any natural athleticism you might have?

Wanted to? Yes! Seriously consider? Not a chance. I don’t get to play enough as is and I don’t think I have time to devote to doing it right with family and when commitments. Plus the thought of getting worse fir a period of time in homes if getting better...maybe...doesn’t interest me.

Finally, I feel like my short game causes my bad scores rather than my swing.

Lions81

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GAM 6.8

I'm completely rebuilding mine right now. Have had 2 lessons with an instructor so far, probably will do at least 3 more. I felt like to get my game to the next level I had to do it. We'll see how it works out.

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
I've always evolved my swing basically on my own, never done a full rebuild. I am considering a round of strong tinkering headed into next season.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm completely rebuilding mine right now. Have had 2 lessons with an instructor so far, probably will do at least 3 more. I felt like to get my game to the next level I had to do it. We'll see how it works out.
How is the practice going in between lessons?

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
i might disagree on that last line, but I get it
Hyperbole is my friend... especially after a cocktail or two.

• Haha
Reactions: JB

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Started at 40. I’ve been rebuilding for the last 8 years. I’m 48. I can only hope one day it will be what I’d like.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in