The Rickie Fowler Thread

Ugh. New season, same old Fowler. He's gotta be the worst closer in the game right now.

T1 after rd 2 and 1 behind Kizzire after rd 3. Shot -4 as did Kizzire. Not sure that could be considered as him not closing out the tourney not to mention it's his first tourney of the the year.

T1 after rd 2 and 1 behind Kizzire after rd 3. Shot -4 as did Kizzire. Not sure that could be considered as him not closing out the tourney not to mention it's his first tourney of the the year.
He had every opportunity to win today. When I posted that he was hitting his 5th shot after 2 penalties on the same par 5.

If he's sick and tired of watching all the Spieth's and Thomas' off the world winning Majors and FedExCups while he cheers them on, he's gotta start closing tournaments like this. Fowler vs Kizzire over 18 holes shouldn't be a close match.

He had every opportunity to win today. When I posted that he was hitting his 5th shot after 2 penalties on the same par 5.

If he's sick and tired of watching all the Spieth's and Thomas' off the world winning Majors and FedExCups while he cheers them on, he's gotta start closing tournaments like this. Fowler vs Kizzire over 18 holes shouldn't be a close match.

And yet he battled back and had a shot to win. Far from blowing a tourney and again was the chaser and not leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet he battled back and had a shot to win. Far from blowing a tourney and again was the chaser and not leader.

I'm not saying he didn't play well today, but I'm saying that once again he didn't play well enough to win. With Fowler I feel like we're always waiting for next tournament, for next major, for next season for him to put it together and win like we all know he's capable of. He's at the age now where snatching defeat from the jaws of victory needs to start becoming a thing of the past.

I'm not saying he didn't play well today, but I'm saying that once again he didn't play well enough to win. With Fowler I feel like we're always waiting for next tournament, for next major, for next season for him to put it together and win like we all know he's capable of. He's at the age now where snatching defeat from the jaws of victory needs to start becoming a thing of the past.

-18 in a windy wet tournament that had delays and shot -8 in the last two rounds and the guy that won shot -9. Your concept if not playing wel enough and mine are obviously different. Did he miss some opportunities down the stretch to pit some more pressure on Kizzire? Yeah but it's also golf and even the best in the world miss shots. It's not like he collapsed during the round and went from being in contention to out of it. He was there the entire event and got beat by 1 by another golfer who had a good 4 rounds. Not to mention they played 2 rounds yesterday on a course that isn't an easy walk.

Why shouldn’t they be close? To a man, Kizzire’s peers think he is the real deal. But I’ll ask him tomorrow if there was a shot he could have back.

Why shouldn’t they be close? To a man, Kizzire’s peers think he is the real deal. But I’ll ask him tomorrow if there was a shot he could have back.

Drop mic.... ender.

It's a good debate and I do see the other side here. Maybe as a huge Rickie fan I'm just expecting too much?
Rickie is a great player and by all accounts a better man and I want to see him win many Tournaments.

It's a good debate and I do see the other side here. Maybe as a huge Rickie fan I'm just expecting too much?
Rickie is a great player and by all accounts a better man and I want to see him win many Tournaments.

I've been a big Rickie fan since he came on tour and want to see him win more and have been critical of his weekend (mostly Sunday performances) over the last several years. His early struggles yesterday afternoon appeared to be heading down that path again but he battled back and Kizzire mentioned he definitely put pressure on him down the stretch. Rickie battling back at least for yesterday showed me he has the ability to pull it back together.

I've been a big Rickie fan since he came on tour and want to see him win more and have been critical of his weekend (mostly Sunday performances) over the last several years. His early struggles yesterday afternoon appeared to be heading down that path again but he battled back and Kizzire mentioned he definitely put pressure on him down the stretch. Rickie battling back at least for yesterday showed me he has the ability to pull it back together.

But is that enough? Everyone is waiting for him to be the player at the Players a couple of years ago, and when he was in the Top 5, I think, in all majors.

But I've got to say, he seems like a great guy, makes a great living, and has an athletic and attractive GF.

But is that enough? Everyone is waiting for him to be the player at the Players a couple of years ago, and when he was in the Top 5, I think, in all majors.

But I've got to say, he seems like a great guy, makes a great living, and has an athletic and attractive GF.

It’s probably not enough but I think it’s a step in the right direction to be able to not blow up on Sunday after some bad holes. I’m one that wants him to get back to the top 5 in majors and players mentality and performance.

I think he will be someone that ends up winning more over the next couple years. He’s 28 and several analysts in the past talk about pros hitting their peak in their 30s.

It’s probably not enough but I think it’s a step in the right direction to be able to not blow up on Sunday after some bad holes. I’m one that wants him to get back to the top 5 in majors and players mentality and performance.

I think he will be someone that ends up winning more over the next couple years. He’s 28 and several analysts in the past talk about pros hitting their peak in their 30s.

Agree - he needs to win more frequently for himself. Nice putting stroke. I haven't looked to see his weak links in the game - my guess would be long irons.

Agree - he needs to win more frequently for himself. Nice putting stroke. I haven't looked to see his weak links in the game - my guess would be long irons.

From what I remember from watching GC recently he was near the top last season in strokes gained putting, total strokes gained, scoring avg., birdie avg, he was in mid 30s/40s in strokes gained around the green and on approach and like 50th GIR. His scoring avg between morning and afternoon rounds was about 2 strokes worse in the afternoons.

I am not qualified to judge any of these players game, but I have always enjoyed watching this young man play and his game certainly seems strong right now. AND, with Tiger back I have even more reason to hope for a great year from RF ....of course I guess about any name besides TW at the top of the board will make me smile a little!
Off to get a round in.
Have a great Sunday!!

This one?

0b87b70448bceabdfeb5fb15834d2116.jpg

Glad RF picked up the win today. I'm a fan of the P hats it's a different look from them in the past, but a good one IMO

This one?

0b87b70448bceabdfeb5fb15834d2116.jpg

Exactly that one! It's so simple and clean and that color is perfect. I wasn't a big fan of his orange one today but this is great.

Great win for Rickie!
I hope 2018 is the year where Fowler puts it all together and takes home some serious hardware.

I loved seeing this from him and really hope he can get a major. He has the talent and just needs to string it all together. From everything I've heard he's a great guy and I love rooting for someone like that. My kids love him also which makes it fun.

I loved seeing this from him and really hope he can get a major. He has the talent and just needs to string it all together. From everything I've heard he's a great guy and I love rooting for someone like that. My kids love him also which makes it fun.

Think of this, Jordan won and went on a big run. Matsuyama won and tore it up. Rickie is crushing the F8+ that they setup for him and is filling up the cup. I see a big year for him. He is due and the Hero trend will continue.

Plus the guy works out with the heavy hitters of the tour down there in Jupiter.

Think of this, Jordan won and went on a big run. Matsuyama won and tore it up. Rickie is crushing the F8+ that they setup for him and is filling up the cup. I see a big year for him. He is due and the Hero trend will continue.

Plus the guy works out with the heavy hitters of the tour down there in Jupiter.

It seems like his biggest thing is putting together four good rounds. There have been several times where he is right at the top but had an average or worse round on Saturday which took him out of it. He usually bounces back and plays well on Sunday though.

If he can make out together a whole tournament he can do it for sure.

Back