The Rickie Fowler Thread

Old Reliable!!
6E718B03-4FBC-4138-95C2-E7530DC526D0.jpeg

Fly Z Pros? Are those 7 years old?

I think he’s done. He will play, he will make cuts and top ten occasionally, but I’ve given up all hopes of big wins or majors.

I thought I saw where they were Amp Pros
I see the four spots where they put the color now that I zoom in. Basically the same club, just different stamping.

I think he’s done. He will play, he will make cuts and top ten occasionally, but I’ve given up all hopes of big wins or majors.
Whoa whoa whoa pump the breaks Jman!

Just 1 Major. 1!!

Whoa whoa whoa pump the breaks Jman!

Just 1 Major. 1!!
I’ve always been a bright side believer, but I just can’t anymore. He looks lost, and apathetic.

man, it's not a good look when your sponsor updates your signature iron set, only for you to shelf them and put 7yo clubs in the bag. and i'm not saying that as a sleight to cobra; just further proof that rickie is lost right now.

leaves butch. goes lhl with putting for a hot minute. tries a different putter shaft.

on the bright side, he has a nice consolation prize waiting at home every night.

I like where Rickie is at, relatively speaking. He wasn’t satisfied with his play and is making wholesale changes to recalibrate. Decent performance over the weekend and ready to come back firing. I’m hoping his drive is strong enough to power through.

I’ve always been a bright side believer, but I just can’t anymore. He looks lost, and apathetic.
I can’t get off the wagon, continue to be a blind believer if anything.

Tripp Isenhour last week said he’s going to have a Payne Stewart type 2nd half of his career in his 30s. Hope so but yeah it’s past the point of expecting, just hoping.

Does anyone else have the feeling in the next year or so Rickie switches to a new oem trying to reboot his career?

Rickie winning a major or AK coming back to the tour?

Rickie is just stagnant and has been for years. Doesn't seem to be improving any aspect of his game, and his mental game is slowly being chipped away.

man, it's not a good look when your sponsor updates your signature iron set, only for you to shelf them and put 7yo clubs in the bag. and i'm not saying that as a sleight to cobra; just further proof that rickie is lost right now.

leaves butch. goes lhl with putting for a hot minute. tries a different putter shaft.

on the bright side, he has a nice consolation prize waiting at home every night.
I read that he was only using the Amp Pros because he wanted to use the old shafts but didn't want to pull the heads off his current set

Whaaat? I know I haven't followed this stuff for a while, but this is lunacy. What gives? Ricky. Super Mario. Come on and do what you were doing. Wholesale change for what?
Yep. He needs to go without like a boxer, stat. He's literally drained. :ROFLMAO: What her name? :unsure::cool:

I read that he was only using the Amp Pros because he wanted to use the old shafts but didn't want to pull the heads off his current set
From a Golf magazine article:

"...Fowler was busy working on his game at home in preparation for the majors when he decided to test a set of Cobra AMP Cell Pros equipped with True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue shafts. Fowler has bounced between KBS and True Temper over the last year but chose to go back to KBS Tour C-Taper S+ 125 - a shaft he's used since 2015 - at the beginning of 2020. That ended up being the shaft Fowler had installed in his RF Prototypes when the final version was sent to his home.

Unsure if the X100 shafts he tested were going in the bag for the long haul, Fowler chose to play the shafts in his old irons instead of having his gamer set pulled apart and rebuilt. It's not like Fowler's custom irons are plentiful at the moment.

Fowler ranked 19th in Strokes Gained: Approach-the-green with the AMP Cell Pro/X100 combo, which is the kind of improvement that could lead the shafts to earning a permanent spot in the bag. If that ends up being the case, expect Fowler to have his RF Prototypes sent to Cobra HQ to be built up with the same X100 shafts."

Cobra can't get him ten sets with different shafts? Their poster boy? Naaaawwww. Sorry. Golf Magazine. Talk about spin control. :LOL:
Love their older irons. Still have forged cb's/S2 forged. (y)

Cobra can't get him ten sets with different shafts? Their poster boy? Naaaawwww. Sorry. Golf Magazine. Talk about spin control. :LOL:
Love their older irons. Still have forged cb's/S2 forged. (y)

No currently they can’t and tour vans are not at tour events currently.

Does anyone else have the feeling in the next year or so Rickie switches to a new oem trying to reboot his career?
No. Cobra/Puma have taken good care of him, and I'm biased but their equipment will stand up against other OEM right now. Unless there is some sort of falling out I can't see him wanting to change.

The rally stache has not worked as planned. Time to move on.

Who else likes the commercial when people are saying Golfers names and we get Shooter McGavin not once, but twice say "Riiiickieeee Fowwwlerrrrrr"

Too early to tell. I'm glad that he is completely rebuilding his swing because I think he had flat-lined using the last one. Maybe this one will bring him some magic once he gets it more dialed in. He's still only 31 years old. Plenty of time to pick up a few more wins, including hopefully a major.

Back