The Road to the 2020 Grandaddy! Captain MattyD-MPLS aka Dimples

The last few weeks of golf were a challenge for me. I lost my way quite a bit. I had 3 rounds of 83, 85 and 86. I was out playing with the family last Saturday and was 3 over thru 4 holes and realized my attention to detail was lost on the downswing. I played the last 12 holes of the night even par. I then played with my brother at his club and shot 75(+3) and 37(+1) during league and getting the lone skin of the night.

There are still WTF swings but they are becoming few and far between. Hopefully I can post an under par round soon.

The last few weeks of golf were a challenge for me. I lost my way quite a bit. I had 3 rounds of 83, 85 and 86. I was out playing with the family last Saturday and was 3 over thru 4 holes and realized my attention to detail was lost on the downswing. I played the last 12 holes of the night even par. I then played with my brother at his club and shot 75(+3) and 37(+1) during league and getting the lone skin of the night.

There are still WTF swings but they are becoming few and far between. Hopefully I can post an under par round soon.
The bolded part means a) you were already winning, and b) you were actually prepping for your GD time because that’s what it’s like to be with your brothers on this journey.

You and me both brother. Up until this week, my game has been a joke. Got back on line this past weekend and feeling good.

The bolded part means a) you were already winning, and b) you were actually prepping for your GD time because that’s what it’s like to be with your brothers on this journey.

You aren’t kidding Frank! I am a lucky guy! My wife and I have played more together this year than the last 3 years combined. The girls come along and have putting competitions for Whoppers! It is awesome. My 2 brothers(@dacatalyst41 and @RealPretendPsychic) are with me every day!

You and me both brother. Up until this week, my game has been a joke. Got back on line this past weekend and feeling good.
Glad you are back on track bud!

You aren’t kidding Frank! I am a lucky guy! My wife and I have played more together this year than the last 3 years combined. The girls come along and have putting competitions for Whoppers! It is awesome. My 2 brothers(@dacatalyst41 and @RealPretendPsychic) are with me every day!

Glad you are back on track bud!

All day every day. And you’ll be in playing shape in time. I’m letting you get all of the bad rounds out of the way.

AFD64ED8-8F2F-43E8-A443-0ADDB4FE95C7.jpeg14B1A926-EDF3-4F5A-BC43-03CBBE570ADA.jpeg
I traveled back home to visit my dad for father’s day tonight and got to play the home track. Nothing like playing the course you know the best.
I played 2 balls for 9 holes and made 5 birdies and 13 pars. The 2nd pic was how close I was to hitting all 18 greens. Something I have never done.

44C55195-035E-467F-9A41-DA869E6C0F7B.jpeg
Made a change in driver set up. I lowered the loft from 7.75 to 7.0, I am trying to flatten out the ball flight a little bit.
Is 40* descent angle too steep? I

After struggling most of the spring and early summer, I have finally found my groove. The driver has been on fire and that always makes golf easier.

My 4ball partner and I had our first match of the year and it couldn’t have gone better. 5 birdies and 1 bogey for a 67. My second 67 in 2 weeks. Golf is fun when there aren’t blow up holes.E1B16377-55EA-4FC6-946C-0C52D232A8B1.png

After struggling most of the spring and early summer, I have finally found my groove. The driver has been on fire and that always makes golf easier.

My 4ball partner and I had our first match of the year and it couldn’t have gone better. 5 birdies and 1 bogey for a 67. My second 67 in 2 weeks. Golf is fun when there aren’t blow up holes.View attachment 8951314
Captain 🔥 Fuego. 😎

My 4ball partner and I had our first match of the year and it couldn’t have gone better. 5 birdies and 1 bogey for a 67. My second 67 in 2 weeks. Golf is fun when there aren’t blow up holes.

Playing some good golf Matt! Keep it up and that belt will be coming back!

I'm not sure I know that particular feeling, lol
I wasn't sure I did either. I had 5 straight rounds where I hit one out of bounds on the 12th or 13th hole. Infuriating!!

I wasn't sure I did either. I had 5 straight rounds where I hit one out of bounds on the 12th or 13th hole. Infuriating!!
Just checking, is this a home course thing on 12 and 13 or an every course thing?

My 4ball partner and I had a match last night. Arguably our hardest in the last 3 years. The other team had a guy play the last 8 holes in 4 under par making 3 birdies in a row to cut our 1 up lead to all square(my partner and I each birdied a hole to tie him). We also played the 8 holes in 4 under to win 1 up. The last hole was very exciting and we had a 1 up lead. It is a sharp 480 yard dog leg right par 5 and if you can hit it high you can cut a lot of it off which I did. I hit it to 125 out and the other player hit it to 160 out. He it a poor approach that left him 50-60 for eagle, I hit it to 15 feet. He hit an awesome putt that had some pace to it and it hit the center of the stick and bounced off and sat 3 inches from the pin. I felt so bad for him but it was moving when it hit the stick. A 2 putt to seal the deal was all I needed.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Congrats on being the rudder of what should be an awesome ship.

Excited for today's round! Going to play in my brother @MNMarc's Guest Day at Island View Golf Club. We won last year's event and hope we can repeat.

As I stated earlier today, I got to play in my brother’s guest day. The round started out pretty shaky making a double on the first hole! SMH After that I hit the driver fantastic! Having 5 drives being 325+ with one getting out to 340. I birdied all 4 par 5s having a chance at eagle of all of them. A big difference in driving distance is the Chrome Soft X! It goes forever.

I played the last 11 holes in 6 under to shoot 69. The putter was rolling it well all day long! I made a 30 footer on the 2nd to last hole to win $250 in shop credit.

Our team did really well but not enough to win. We took 2nd in the gross side and 4th in the net side. We got $60 in shop credit for that. All in all, it was a great day with great weather and great people.

I also will be a + Handicap for the first time in 6 years which has been a goal for me the last 2 years!

Last edited:
As I stated earlier today, I got to play in my brother’s guest day. The round started out pretty shaky making a double on the first hole! SMH After that I hit the driver fantastic! Having 5 drives being 325+ with one getting out to 340. I birdied all 4 par 5s having a chance at eagle of all of them. A big difference in driving distance is the Chrome Soft X! It goes forever.

I played the last 11 holes in 6 under to shoot 69. The putter was rolling it well all day long! I made a 30 footer on the 2nd to last hole to win $250 in shop credit.

Our team did really well but not enough to win. We took 2nd in the gross side and 4th in the net side. We got $60 in shop credit for that. All in all, it was a great day with great weather and great people.

I also will be a + Handicap for the first time in 6 years which has been a goal for me the last 2 years!

Congrats on the plus Handicap and goal achieved. Setting a strong example Captain.

Back