The Road to the 2020 Grandaddy! Captain MattyD-MPLS aka Dimples

It is one of my favorite days of the year! Opening round for 2020! I don’t have any expectations because I haven’t been able to practice since early March. I hope to tie or beat the temperature! More to come after the round. It is only 9 holes. 4F4331AC-E366-4A3E-B5E4-33C0E7D4BA84.png

Hope you warmed up! Those temperatures can make a swing slow and stiff!

It is one of my favorite days of the year! Opening round for 2020! I don’t have any expectations because I haven’t been able to practice since early March. I hope to tie or beat the temperature! More to come after the round. It is only 9 holes. View attachment 8938582

That's a bit chilly to start with but it looks like you are warming up to where we have been recently. Mid/upper 40's.

I'm happy for you Cap!... although I can't even fathom attempting golf at those temps.

Have fun and enjoy the round!

enjoy your round...

Enjoy your round!

Not to make you feel bad but, it only got up to 75 here in Myrtle Beach, it was a little breezy though.

I wasn’t ever cold physically but my hybrid was cold as ice and developed a shank over the winter. Shanked 3 hybrids off the tee for 7 over on 3 holes. 43 8 Over for 9 holes.

I did make a 2 on a par 3. That is important because we have a 2pot that is like skins.

It is only going to get better from here.8F61B6BC-3D42-4F8C-AEA1-B99801EA6C4D.jpeg

Just stay calm and remember there is another day... No need to stress.

Long time until December.

I wasn’t ever cold physically but my hybrid was cold as ice and developed a shank over the winter. Shanked 3 hybrids off the tee for 7 over on 3 holes. 43 8 Over for 9 holes.

I did make a 2 on a par 3. That is important because we have a 2pot that is like skins.

It is only going to get better from here.View attachment 8938626
Props for playing in the cold weather regardless!!

Mix all those colors together and they just looks like rust.

Got to play, didn't hurt anything, and had a birdie. Sounds like a hell of a start to a season to me!

Just stay calm and remember there is another day... No need to stress.
I hadn’t hit balls in close to 2 months and still got some good shots. Can’t wait to play again, maybe this weekend.

That's a bit chilly to start with but it looks like you are warming up to where we have been recently. Mid/upper 40's.
The only time I got chilly was when I was on the high points of the course in the wind. Was surprised how pleasant it was.

The only time I got chilly was when I was on the high points of the course in the wind. Was surprised how pleasant it was.
But how many blankets did you have on though?

Summer is coming, think positive!

It is only going to get better from here.View attachment 8938626
1587527791503.jpeg

Nice to get out for a round! Happy opening day!

At this point I just want to play golf... the weather has been great but all the courses are closed.

Nice to finally get out despite the chilly conditions but assumed you walked so that keeps the blood flowing. Given first time out and conditions, score just reflects a little rust. Next time out I’m sure you’ll see a big change and can build on it. As we say up here at the start of the season, “it’s still early”. We use this phrase for the first couple of months, ha ha.

We’re hoping things open up here in 3 weeks, will be 7 months since I hit a ball on grass....going to be interesting 🧐. No expectations, just need to get out.

Back