The Road to the 2020 Grandaddy! Captain MattyD-MPLS aka Dimples

Congrats again Matt! Had to be a heart wrenching moment, which may take some time to fully understand it! Thanks for sharing a tidbit about you & your family! Much appreciated & look forward to following your journey to the 2020 Grandaddy!!!

Can't wait to follow your journey, brother!

It's pretty cool getting to know more about the people here. Feels like a really welcoming and friendly community. Congrats on getting chosen as captain even though I'm not sure yet what that means for you:)

Best of luck Matt, it is going to be fun to follow your Journey. It is the absolute top of the hill for a club junkie.

Huge congrats, Matt. Great idea with the intro and background. Always awesome to get to know those around a little better.

No doubt in my mind that you'll kill it this year and help lead THP to another amazing experience at the GD.

This is going to be a great follow. Can't wait to see how this team shapes up. Thanks for taking us along @MattyD-MPLS

Congrats again. What an awesome honor. I’d love to join you to experience your journey. ;)

Congrats - sounds like Callaway and THP have a great addition to the Grandaddy family. Looking forward to the teams journey.

Ok Matty Dimples. Question for the captain.

All square going into the 18th hole. Alt shot format.
18 is a par 5.

Do you want the tee shot or do you want your partner teeing off and you getting the approach/2nd shot option?

Ok Matty Dimples. Question for the captain.

All square going into the 18th hole. Alt shot format.
18 is a par 5.

Do you want the tee shot or do you want your partner teeing off and you getting the approach/2nd shot option?

I definitely want the tee shot. I feel like I can get my partner in a good position to get on in 2 on most par 5s.

Enjoy the experience and good luck, Capt'n!

Congrats! Exciting year ahead for you!

Awesome intro man. Happy to see you already jumping in 100%. The grandaddy is special and you’ve already seemed to get it.

Side note, Savannah Harbor is a great golf course! Cool way to go out. Excited to follow along on your journey!

Big question, breakfast sandwich or parfait?

Mrs. Dimples here....I’m thrilled for Matty and had to jump on here to see what this is all about.
P.S. I will help him pack clean underwear for the Granddaddy.
Haha. Just be prepared to hear about this trip from him non stop until December, and then everyday after. I am pretty sure I drove my wife crazy.

I cannot think of a better choice for this year's GD captain, congrats again. Getting to watch you play in Idaho last year was something to behold. But, there is much more to you than your golf game. You're good people, Matt. Callaway and THP can both rest assured that with you and @dacatalyst41 at the helm this year's GD will be another outstanding success.

Enjoy the ride and I'll be following the journey all year with you!

It's pretty cool getting to know more about the people here. Feels like a really welcoming and friendly community. Congrats on getting chosen as captain even though I'm not sure yet what that means for you:)

The Grandaddy is our year end event that includes a Team of THP Forum members flying to Carlsbad for a fitting at Callaway HQ, new clubs, tour of R&D and then hopping on a bus to Palm Springs to play 2 days of the greatest looking golf course one could find.

Oh yeah, and it is all 100% free of charge.

a year follow with @MattyD-MPLS to the Grandaddy, Congrats and to be sure, the only thing better would be there with you..

Awesome intro man. Happy to see you already jumping in 100%. The grandaddy is special and you’ve already seemed to get it.

Side note, Savannah Harbor is a great golf course! Cool way to go out. Excited to follow along on your journey!

Big question, breakfast sandwich or parfait?
The only answer is both, right?

Savannah Harbor was amazing. We got to spend 7 days right on property.

Haha. Just be prepared to hear about this trip from him non stop until December, and then everyday after. I am pretty sure I drove my wife crazy.

@DMPLS_Wife and I had a date last night and it was the topic of conversation for most of it. Hopefully she doesn’t become DMPLS_ExWife! ?

I cannot think of a better choice for this year's GD captain, congrats again. Getting to watch you play in Idaho last year was something to behold. But, there is much more to you than your golf game. You're good people, Matt. Callaway and THP can both rest assured that with you and @dacatalyst41 at the helm this year's GD will be another outstanding success.

Enjoy the ride and I'll be following the journey all year with you!
Thank you Magic! Can’t wait to follow you in month! Have you figured out what head you are leaning towards yet?

I definitely want the tee shot. I feel like I can get my partner in a good position to get on in 2 on most par 5s.

Leading the way captain - great answer! Congratulations again and great start to 2020.

Mrs. Dimples here....I’m thrilled for Matty and had to jump on here to see what this is all about.
P.S. I will help him pack clean underwear for the Granddaddy.

Welcome to THP Mrs. Dimples! :welcome:

Thank you Magic! Can’t wait to follow you in month! Have you figured out what head you are leaning towards yet?

I haven't hit either the SZ or the Xtreme yet (still hoping to before I go out there) but my gut tells me the Xtreme may be the better fit for me. Of course, that all depends on the shaft that Danny Le can put with it for the "Ultimate Driving Machine"!

Back