How many of you have tried Papas Pilar, Ernest Hemingway rum? The version I was gifted apparently is no longer available, but it was fantastic.

How many of you have tried Papas Pilar, Ernest Hemingway rum? The version I was gifted apparently is no longer available, but it was fantastic.
I've yet to try a Pilar I didn't love. It's great!

I'm currently in the middle of a long overdue home bar inventory. I'm about 2/3 done with the rum and appear, so far, to only have one bottle of Venezuelan rum in the bar, which is a bottle of Diplomatico Reserva. I know I've had three or four other Diplomaticos in the bar over the years but didn't have a database at the time. I'm up to 101 rums cataloged and still have at least 50-60 more to go. Then it's on to the whisk(e)y, gin, tequila/raicilla/sotol and other weird spirits I've accumulated over the years.

View attachment 9240280
Diplo is pretty solid. Nice collection!

Diplo is pretty solid. Nice collection!
Found a Diplomatico Silver in the cellar that's unopened. I haven't the slightest idea how long I've owned it, tbh, but now I know I have two Venezuelan rums.

Bought what will probably be my last bottle of Amrut Old Port rum for a long time. Stopped by the only store I knew that carried them, and bought the last bottle - the owner said it took 3 years to work through the case of 6 he had, and I'm pretty sure I had bought 3 of them... so I am the only demand. Sad.

Most of you guys live in population centers where shopping opportunities abound. But here in the central Arizona boonies, things are different. But, we went up to the thriving metropolis of Flagstaff yesterday and I found a new store on Route 66 that has treats like this available.

"Ah, Wilderness were Paradise enow!"...

Attachments

• 20240307_141843.jpg
    20240307_141843.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2
Most of you guys live in population centers where shopping opportunities abound. But here in the central Arizona boonies, things are different. But, we went up to the thriving metropolis of Flagstaff yesterday and I found a new store on Route 66 that has treats like this available.

"Ah, Wilderness were Paradise enow!"...
I have not had that one, but the one I did have was fantastic.

I started doing that with regular purple bag Crown Royal and yes, it's delicious!

I like Mountain Dew and Crown.

Fun Fact: Mountain Dew was originally made to be a mixer. Who knew??

Back