Depends how far you take it.

I just finished watching all of these movies with the kids and this is their favorite quote

I snuck into the grocery last night to stock up on diet.

Wife was mad I didn't ask her what we needed. Ohhhhhhhh well.
Stealth mode.

More of a whiskey drinker, but I do like a good rum now & again. I picked up a bottle of this a couple years ago when we were on a cruise to Cayman Islands & it is one of the smoothest rums I've ever drank. I think I paid about $35 for the bottle down there.
1589839219163.png
Seven Fathoms Rum is an artisanal amber rum distilled and bottled in Cayman Islands. The product is aged in year-old bourbon barrels that are secured and placed 42 feet underwater for 2 years. This aging process is unique throughout the distilled spirits world.

More of a whiskey drinker, but I do like a good rum now & again. I picked up a bottle of this a couple years ago when we were on a cruise to Cayman Islands & it is one of the smoothest rums I've ever drank. I think I paid about $35 for the bottle down there.
View attachment 8944019
Seven Fathoms Rum is an artisanal amber rum distilled and bottled in Cayman Islands. The product is aged in year-old bourbon barrels that are secured and placed 42 feet underwater for 2 years. This aging process is unique throughout the distilled spirits world.
That's wild, but how would putting it underwater make any difference at all? Seems like it would be a warm place to age rum, now I am not criticizing the process just don't understand if it anything but a sales hook to use.

That's wild, but how would putting it underwater make any difference at all? Seems like it would be a warm place to age rum, now I am not criticizing the process just don't understand if it anything but a sales hook to use.
They said they tie the barrels together and secure them in the ocean, then the waves cause the barrels to move around which stirs the rum instead of just sitting or getting rotated every so often.

IMG_20200520_185134.jpg

Soldier down. Is ok, it's no kracken though.

Enjoyed "Stolen" rum later on, and bombu mixed with captain and lime earlier tonight. Pre game was Key West Unfiltered Rum.

Saw this as and the pineapple infusion peaked my interest:

96F796AE-EB22-4052-8206-1DCEDB21B391.jpeg

Never been a big fan of rum. Or I should say it’s never been a big fan of me.

I think I’ll Rum and THP this evening.

I’m bourboning and THPing right now

Little sumpinsumpin tonight.

sailor_jerry_spiced_rum__61521.1544203071.jpg

Back