The Slow Cooker Thread

Recipe for that Mongolian beef one.
Flank steaks are amazing in the slow cooker. We've been trying a few different options but my favourite is the Mongolian beef one we've been doing.

Pulled chicken, chicken cheesy bacon tator tot cassrole was amazing as well.

Here's the cheesy mcyumyumsauce.

3f76201a4f1ba5ae060de9534ec279d3.jpg

I love a good chuck roast or pulled pork in the slow cooker but I need to expand my uses for it. That mongolian beef looks amazing!!

A few months ago I put a pot roast in and added some Not Your Father's Root Beer. A few other spices. It was amazing. We definitely need to use our Slow Cooker more, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.

Unless it's over 90° outside, my wife always has some sort of carcass bubbling away. Looking forward to the recipes.
We tend to use it more when it IS hot outside. Saves heating up the kitchen.

My wife usually makes some stew. I just started using it recently. I put the thick chicken breast in there with 2-3 onions cut in 1/2. I use a medium size jar if chi chi sauce on top then cook for 5 1/2 hours to 5 3/4 hrs.

my mother purchased one of these for me several months back and i never thought to open it.

could you fine gents post some easy recipes I could try my hand at? thanks in advance

I make up a meal every Monday in the slow cooker since our schedules are crazy with track, music lessons, karate, you name it.

I actually had a long series of posts over on Facebook called "Will My Kids Eat This Crock Pot Meal???" where I'd post the recipe and my kids' reactions to the meal. Sadly that effort ran out of steam when I got fed up of making things they wouldn't eat, so we usually go to some old standbys - upside down chicken pot pie, chili, pork tenderloin, veggie barley soup, and one or two others.

My wife makes a great string beef barbecue! Very tasty!

Couple of our slow cooker cook books. Both are outstanding

7777ed9bc446f6f4ca166b0acec46c47.jpg

c122fc50a1dddf02b87bf94f0ad635b0.jpg

America's Test Kitchen rocks. We've found so many good recipes on their show and website.

America's Test Kitchen rocks. We've found so many good recipes on their show and website.

We just got their cooking for two book, and have made a handful of things from it. All have been fantastic.

subscribing to this.. i love my crockpot... nothing like coming home from the GC with hot food waiting for you.

The Slow Cooker Thread

We use ours a lot, chili, pulled pork, corned beef and cabbage and many other things all work really well. We make cheating ribs with it. Cook the ribs all day, then throw them on the grill for a couple minutes to get a nice chat on them.

Corned beef and cabbage is one of the easiest thing to make in them.
Peel and chop potatoes and onions, put on the bottom
Put corned beef on the taters
Add water to just below top of meat
Cook.
In the last hour add cabbage.

Profit.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I love my slow cooker, about a week before my wife had our daughter I went off and bagged up roughly 30 slow cooker freezer meals ( Thank You Pinterest) anything from Pulled Pork, to chicken, chili, roast potato's and carrots, venison.

If I can cook it in the slow cooker I will 9/10 times

We don't use ours nearly as often as we should. One favorite though is pulled chicken lettuce wraps (think tacos)
Chicken breast
I container of fresh chopped salsa (the really chunky kind, not the watery one. Best I've found is supermarket brand Santa Fe salsa with the corn in it... Yum)
Put slow cooker on low all day.
When you get home, the chicken pulls apart with a fork.
We use romaine lettuce leaves
Make our own guacamole
Sour cream and shredded cheese
So damn good!!

We tend to use ours for doing joints of meat but there are other things that Jen does as well

Just had a quick look at that recipe and it looks so simple to do so I will have to let Jen know and see if she wants to give it a try sometime

Only thing I will need to do is work out the conversions as it talks about 'cups' when adding the spices etc, but here in the UK it is tbsp / tsp / etc

I made this last night and it was really good. I added twice as much cilantro because I love cilantro and realized I am not a huge Chipotle pepper fan so I added the extra cilantro to mask the Chipotle flavor.

I had it reheated tonight and it was even better tonight.

0654197f4eff8c9a8e74732cec0f4aab.jpg

8b5e5a4d49883b6b5c8f05eba100b888.jpg

We're making barbacoa for an Easter pot luck this weekend.

I need to acquire those cookbooks. As someone who works from home all day I really love a good slowcooker meal because I get to enjoy the smell all day.

Back