The Smashing Pumpkins

Siamese dream was sooo good during the work day... Enough rock to keep going but soft enough to concentrate...what a great album.

I love Siamese Dream and MCAIS. I am a big Billy Corgan fan too. He is a real strange one.

Good band driven by a massive control freak at the lead. Rolling Stone gave them a 4 out of 5? I don't respect anything that rolling stone says and haven't for a while.

I like Smashing Pumpkins early stuff more than their later stuff but I like listening to all of it.

Good band driven by a massive control freak at the lead. Rolling Stone gave them a 4 out of 5? I don't respect anything that rolling stone says and haven't for a while.

I like Smashing Pumpkins early stuff more than their later stuff but I like listening to all of it.

Hey, but RS gave "Goddess in the Doorway" 5 out of 5 stars, so there is that. :ROFLMAO:

Could not have said it any better. Siamese Dream to me is probably one of the greatest Albums in all of 1990 in my HUMBLE opinion. I know people will say one from Nirvana, I was just never a fan of there's. I felt like SP, AiC, and Soundgarden were far superior bands.

But every time I play SD and its usually once a year, I get some really good headphones, a nice cold beer, and just enjoy the ride. From Cherub to Luna it is all fantastic, and it always surprises me on how great it stands the test of time.
I would probably class Nirvana as one of my favorite bands of all times, but think Nevermind is by far my least listened to album of theirs, would always go Bleach or In Utero first. But Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were huge parts of my musical evolution. To this day I will still throw on Dirt or Badmotorfinger on and listen to every note and alternatively bang my head and disappear into a little well of delicious misery :LOL: Man, I could talk 90s alt-rock constantly and still never run out of things to say.

I would probably class Nirvana as one of my favorite bands of all times, but think Nevermind is by far my least listened to album of theirs, would always go Bleach or In Utero first. But Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were huge parts of my musical evolution. To this day I will still throw on Dirt or Badmotorfinger on and listen to every note and alternatively bang my head and disappear into a little well of delicious misery :LOL: Man, I could talk 90s alt-rock constantly and still never run out of things to say.
Just saw Alice live a few years ago. Jerry Cantrell can still wail on that guitar.

I saw them live (Garbage opened) and was a pretty big fan for a while. That was an awesome concert. Pretty sad that Garbage was killing it as an opener and had all kinds to stuff thrown on stage by fans impatient for the pumpkins to come out. Haven’t listened for a long time but I still like a lot of their music.

Do you all view SP as basically Billy Corgan, like Trent Reznor refers to himself as "NNine inch nails"?

Or do you think previous and current members play too much of a role?

I kind of (iin it's current iteration) view the band really as Billy Corgan.

SPs. latest effort might be my favorite of Corgan since Adore. I thithink it's not bad, albeit only 8 songs.

Was kind dissapointed with Corgan Rubin-pRubin-produced solo album, but I haven't given up on it yet..

Do you all view SP as basically Billy Corgan, like Trent Reznor refers to himself as "NNine inch nails"?

Or do you think previous and current members play too much of a role?

I kind of (iin it's current iteration) view the band really as Billy Corgan.
In it’s current form, yes it’s basically just Billy Corgan but in the ‘golden’ years then they were the sum of their parts totally, James was a total foil to Billy on the guitars and was a great talent in his own right and Jimmy Chamberlain could never be beaten as a drummer. D’Arcy on the bass....? Meh 😂

Back