Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
So, I’m a HUGE supporter of speed training as a golfer and a HS coach, and SuperSpeed has basically cracked that segment wide open and was revolutionary.

Recently though, I’ve been seeing something called “The Stack System” pop up on social anf in some peoples bags. With its tracking and training app, this one honestly looks pretty amazing. I’m on the brink of buying one just to try out and report back to THP because I think it’s worth a closer look!

What do you think?

This one has me intrigued as well, if for no other reason that Dr MacKenzie is behind it. Only having the one stick versus the 3 with Superspeed is a big selling point. Pair that with app and that could take it over the top. Using any sort of speed training device in season has wrecked my golf swing in the past. For me this maybe a late season purchase and something to work on over the winter.

Interesting.

• Staff
This one has me intrigued as well, if for no other reason that Dr MacKenzie is behind it. Only having the one stick versus the 3 with Superspeed is a big selling point. Pair that with app and that could take it over the top. Using any sort of speed training device in season has wrecked my golf swing in the past. For me this maybe a late season purchase and something to work on over the winter.
I mean, it’s one stick but you constantly have to make changes to it, so it balances out versus three in terms of time and effort, no? Though, the changeable weight does allow a much broader range of weights for training, which is definitely very cool.

Now the app looks INSANE, and has me wanting to dive in more than anything.

As someone who uses the superspeed at the range and carries the sticks in my golf bag. The idea of only having to put one stick in the bag and throwing the weight pouch in a pocket, versus putting the 3 sticks in the bag is a selling point. I will grant it is a minor selling point. The app is the real selling point IMO and what has me looking into it.

This is interesting. Pricey, but interesting.

I thought speed sticks were pricey but man....that being said I think it looks legit and having it all built in is cool if speed training is something that interests you.

It is very intriguing, but the price point is quite high. The stack system is $350, and a speed radar device is also required at $120+

Interesting. Especially the app. Haven't really looked in to this arena very much, but looks like a fun way to train.

It's taken the max swing speed to another level. The app is really innovative.

Color me intrigued. Anyone know if they can be safely used indoors? I have a park at the foot of my building, but I'd like something I can use at night or in bad weather.

Color me intrigued. Anyone know if they can be safely used indoors? I have a park at the foot of my building, but I'd like something I can use at night or in bad weather.
I have the max swing speed club, which appears to be essentially the same as the club in The Stack System. The weights screw on very securely. As long as you have the ceiling height, you should be good.

I think I’m going to take a flier on one, with the app and ability to have it on a few devices, this could make tracking a breeze for my HS kiddos.

Did you pull the trigger, @Jman? Curious what your experience has been

Did you pull the trigger, @Jman? Curious what your experience has been
I didn’t, slow playing it since I’ve got 3 sets of SuperSpeed already

I am waiting for someone else to jump in and get one as I think the people behind it and the App could mean it is an improvement over super speed....

Without knowing that I don't want to plunk down some serious dough....

I am waiting for someone else to jump in and get one as I think the people behind it and the App could mean it is an improvement over super speed....

Without knowing that I don't want to plunk down some serious dough....
I priced sets for my HS programs and just can’t pull the trigger with us having three SS sets. But I want to.

I priced sets for my HS programs and just can’t pull the trigger with us having three SS sets. But I want to.

I feel that, I have original superspeed and the Superspeed C already. I guess I could try and sell both of them to cover a portion of this, but until some long term feedback comes out I will hold off. Not used to this self control stuff.

Ordered.... if anyone wants to buy a 2nd hand superspeed set or superspeed C please hit me up. Both will be hitting BST portion of the forum when I get home tonight.

Once I got to the point of swinging well and (more-or-less?) consistently I figured I'd start working on speed. I'd been thinking either the SuperSpeed or the Golf Slingshot. I guess now there's a third option in the mix.

Once I got to the point of swinging well and (more-or-less?) consistently I figured I'd start working on speed. I'd been thinking either the SuperSpeed or the Golf Slingshot. I guess now there's a third option in the mix.

I have done different superspeed programs I think 4-5 times now. once I stopped due to injury, another because of winter, the other ones was due to it kind of slowing swing changes I was working on ingraining. I finally feel like my swing is in a fairly solid place and want to see what the app and the personalized prescription will do for me.

The cost is.... nuts. But having seen what distance increases from a more efficient swing and a moderate amount of weight training has done for my game, I feel like the $360 (after shipping) could end up paying dividends.

For example, at my home course, one of the harder holes is a long par 4. From whites it is 420, from blues 440, ob up the entire left side of the hole with some thick rough/trees in the limited space. Last year from white tees I would hit driver and hope I hit it well enough that a fairway would might run up to the front of the green. Yesterday from the blue tees I hit driver 5I to the middle of the green.

If I could turn that into Driver/7I regularly (and extrapolate that to all the other holes on the course) that would be magnificent. Figure that would be picking up about a club of distance, so 3-5 mph gain in swing speed would get me there.

My instructor had just received The Stack when I went to my lesson on Friday.

He had not tried it. I'm interested because you take one stick to the range or your yard and a bag of weighted ends.

I never took SpeedStick to the range because 4 sticks with the C - is 3 too many.

The cost is.... nuts.
Yeah, it's a bit spendy--particularly when you add the cost of of the PRGR radar (which I'd get regardless of which system with which I went). But if it works...

I've invested in a number of training aids in my so-far-very-short golf experience. Some were winners, others not so much. I suspect a speed training system that worked would fall into the former category. I suspect a speed training aid would do me more good than an equivalently-priced launch monitor.

Stack arrived Saturday, went through and got the app on my phone so I am ready to go. Played each day so want to start this fresh and will do my first stack attack today. Believe this will be setting up a baseline to work off of going forward.

Plan is to do the training every other day, prior to hitting the gym, so hopefully I will be fresh. I will provide feedback with my experiences using Superspeed, I think both are good products, this one I just really believe in the people behind it and want to give it a shot.

So did baseline today, a couple of the numbers I think I read wrong, need to replace the batteries in my sensor as I think the 88 was actually a 98, but oh well. I need to learn what eSpeed is

88D6455C-DB60-47E4-9D19-629A3886B623.jpeg

Back