Friday Night ... Stack Time!

Broke through the wall in 17/18 of the foundation. I traveled for work this week so I'm 2 days late. Stack reminded me. I warmed up, picked up the JV Golfer Son from school and warmed up again.

Set a few records for my swing, and on the last 4 swings with 195g set another personal best.

Of course, no one who played with me in August would believe it. Guys, it's all about the Stack, and I studied technique like heck. Let's see if it translates to the course tomorrow.

IMG_0888.PNG

Broke through the wall in 17/18 of the foundation. I traveled for work this week so I'm 2 days late. Stack reminded me. I warmed up, picked up the JV Golfer Son from school and warmed up again.

Set a few records for my swing, and on the last 4 swings with 195g set another personal best.

Of course, no one who played with me in August would believe it. Guys, it's all about the Stack, and I studied technique like heck. Let's see if it translates to the course tomorrow.

View attachment 9039901
You are doing so awesome with this! Makes me happy for you.

View attachment 9039901
What do you identify as key in this breakthrough? What do you focus on when you are making your Stack swings?

What do you identify as key in this breakthrough? What do you focus on when you are making your Stack swings?

My new Puma ProAdapt Delta Shoes with no socks. ;)
Very comfortable

Several Keys that I am working on in bold. If they help, great.

1. In general -- I joined up on Malaska's Website-that helped with technique, with forces going from back to front like throwing a ball, on downswing, swinging left and pushing BACK from the ball and PUSHING BACK FROM the front foot so the arms go faster. He reminds me a lot as to what my instructor teaches but I can turn on a Malaska video at night - he also says good things about getting the hips deep

2. I take a full turn (benefit of the George Gankas Box which makes you realize how much you need to turn) adds about 3 mph

3. I get the club parallel at the top - adds about 3 mph

4. I give myself space to swing by flinging the club with my hands (that's new) as fast as possible after a brief transition from the top and going wide to stay shallow. I am focused on the left arm staying connected to the rib cage, swinging the arms and the lower body seems to take care of itself although I am being aggressive with it.

5. Keep on turning the body through the ball and get that butt turned, and no early extension

That's a lot of technique and it's what I'm working on.

What do I focus on?

When I'm swinging, I am staying relaxed and intense. Keeping very soft arms and shoulders, and a relaxed grip. Coming down from the top, it's almost as if I'm angry- aggressive.

Last edited:
My new Puma ProAdapt Delta Shoes with no socks. ;)
Very comfortable

Several Keys that I am working on in bold. If they help, great.

1. In general -- I joined up on Malaska's Website-that helped with technique, with forces going from back to front like throwing a ball, on downswing, swinging left and pushing away from the ball and back fusing the front foot so the arms go faster. He reminds me a lot as to what my instructor teaches but I can turn on a Malaska video at night - he also says good things about getting the hips deep

2. I take a full turn (benefit of the George Gankas Box which makes you realize how much you need to turn) adds about 3 mph

3. I get the club parallel at the top - adds about 3 mph

4. I give myself space to swing by flinging the club with my hands (that's new) as fast as possible after a brief transition from the top and going wide to stay shallow. I am focused on the left arm staying connected to the rib cage, swinging the arms and the lower body seems to take care of itself although I am being aggressive with it.

5. Keep on turning the body through the ball and get that butt turned, and no early extension

That's a lot of technique and it's what I'm working on.

What do I focus on?

When I'm swinging, I am staying relaxed and intense. Keeping very soft arms and shoulders, and a relaxed grip. Coming down from the top, it's almost as if I'm angry- aggressive.
Great thoughts.

I think that I am going to work on my overall swing mechanics this coming week, in preparation for the Dream Foursome Experience the following week in Florida. But, I am going to order a PRGR unit and be more confident in the numbers I see. By the time I return from Florida, our local golf season will be finito and I will really practice on speed and work on strength and stability over the winter.

Great thoughts.

I think that I am going to work on my overall swing mechanics this coming week, in preparation for the Dream Foursome Experience the following week in Florida. But, I am going to order a PRGR unit and be more confident in the numbers I see. By the time I return from Florida, our local golf season will be finito and I will really practice on speed and work on strength and stability over the winter.

The PRGR should help. I've seen a couple of people using it at the range. Working on mechanics has helped a lot - from Malaska I learned to grip the club with my lead hand just like it hangs from an address position - results in a stronger grip but neutral for me and I don't need to motorcycle the wrist or anything else during the swing. The club head is already in the correct position. Malaska is really good - just happy that most of his full swing mechanics agrees with my instructor.

The PRGR should help. I've seen a couple of people using it at the range. Working on mechanics has helped a lot - from Malaska I learned to grip the club with my lead hand just like it hangs from an address position - results in a stronger grip but neutral for me and I don't need to motorcycle the wrist or anything else during the swing. The club head is already in the correct position. Malaska is really good - just happy that most of his full swing mechanics agrees with my instructor.
Malaska is originally from Utah, where he hoped to make it on the Tour. He surely has been recognized as one of the elite instructors for a long time now.

Malaska is originally from Utah, where he hoped to make it on the Tour. He surely has been recognized as one of the elite instructors for a long time now.
Malaska does talk about how traditional instruction contributed to his injuries. You can tell he studied a lot to teach a swing that's easier on the body and he makes a lot of sense. I like his full swing thoughts.

Saturday Range session; broke the 160 ball speed barrier multiple times (with range balls).
Sunday Stack session; found a bit more speed again!

Attachments

• 5FA2B681-0F99-41BA-A8A8-ECDCC49C9BAE.jpeg
    5FA2B681-0F99-41BA-A8A8-ECDCC49C9BAE.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 11F7AB3F-D1BE-4850-95A3-30584DBC6A84.png
    11F7AB3F-D1BE-4850-95A3-30584DBC6A84.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 34
So decided to change up my training. I have been doing this before hitting the gym, I decided to alternate days and had my best session in at least 4-5 weeks. Got all my stock stack swings (195g) over 100 and saw some new highs with single arm swings. Really excited to keep this going for the winter and hope with a combo of gym/diet/stack I can get into the 150 mph ball speed regularly.

Due to weather, work, and sore elbow, I am 2 days behind. Will try a workout today

For me, Desmond reference to Milaska is getting me back to swinging the club in a more relaxed manner. I’m curious if it’s hard to using Stack and swing the club in the way Mike suggests.

Last edited:
Despite continuing to see gains in the heavy and light swing sets, my eSpeed plateaued last week.
On the brighter side, saw a new ball speed and swing speed high on the driving range this weekend!

Attachments

• F6B8CC2F-BD8F-4381-9B33-017AAE6B5FC9.png
    F6B8CC2F-BD8F-4381-9B33-017AAE6B5FC9.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 26
  • E9AB3407-5382-4769-B30F-D20C1102E403.png
    E9AB3407-5382-4769-B30F-D20C1102E403.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 25
Im not sure what the adjustment for the different radar units are but it seems to be about 3-5mph for SSR for stack speed to espeed and about 10mph for PRGR. This seems to indicate that SSR overstates swing speed.....

I know Stack has analyzed all the radar systems it recommends and u are required to input the radar you are using. Has anybody here changed radar systems during their workouts ??? Does this mess up your results ???
Yes I changed from SSR mine just quit working to the PRGR Black. The PRGR for me was a lot closer to Trackman. 1 to 1.5 mph either way. The SSR gave me a lot faster readings. I was told that SSR is usually 3-4% higher. Since using PRGR my speeds are about 4 mph slower. Hope this helps

I just ordered The Stack System. It's officially the off season around here with my club closing the golf course last week and got in my first Trackman upgraded indoor simulator session today. I wanted to get a basline before starting the Stack so I hit a handful of drivers at the end of my hour long range session today. They were right where I expected with about a 243-250 yard carry and 102mph clubhead speed. The rollout was not real world as at my club I get 30 yards of roll at best. I'd love to get back to 106-107mph where I was 4 years ago. I'm thrilled to now have access to a Trackman 6 days a week and at my club it's easy to reserve one especially on weekday mornings when I like to go. I've never had easy access to a Trackman or GC2/Quad simulator until my club upgraded these last week.:)

fullsizeoutput_202b8.jpegfullsizeoutput_202b6.jpegm5cOGvzURTG0rSiRkVxG9A.jpg+VTDvuIQQWar3uxU7oEtvQ.jpgfullsizeoutput_202b4.jpeg

Last edited:
The Morning Stack. Took 12 days off and it showed as compared to the prior workout. Finished up Foundation. Still, all of the last swings were in the 90's.

Program said to take a few days off, then a Progress Check, and a recommendation for the next phase.

IMG_0909.PNG

Last edited:
I forgot to mention when I ordered yesterday I used the code “BDgolf” for a 10% discount on the Stack System. I haven’t read through this entire thread yet to see what discounts others were getting.

thats the same discount code I used.....I asked for a code on wax and lo and behold, it showed up and I ordered it.....no regrets....I would have preferred that the stack system employ a longer shaft option but the app is outstanding !

The shaft option and app programming takes into account that it is shorter than an average driver.

Had a lesson today. After hitting 7 and 8i for 2 hr, spent the last hour hitting driver for a fitting - I did hit 96 several times and 97.2.

My instructor was impressed with how the Stack has improved speed and my work on the side has improved the swing. He said, "Just think if we hadn't hit irons for 2 hrs before driver."

Getting there - ball speed almost hit 140. My efficiency was off - hitting too high off the face.

I understand that they use a algorithm to account for the shorter shaft but I noticed that my swing is steep with this club while it is flatter with my driver. Its a fantastic app but I prefer the Rypstick in terms of how balanced it is and how it feels overall. My ideal setup would be a Rypstick with a Stack app

My instructor has both - they send it to him. I saw the Rypstick at his place, and I need to see it again, but for some reason, I remember prefering the Stack app and the stick with its changeable weights.

The Rypstick interchangeable weights is pretty slick and the shaft has a bit of a whip to it, but the other cool part is the whistling sound it makes. When u swing it fast, it feels much faster. The whippier shaft makes it feel like you are loading it and the whistling sound makes u think u are swinging 150mph !!!

*Ive been chasing speed for the last 20+ years.....I went down the rabbit hole with Todd and BSG golf and then I followed the spoon off with JC and golffwax ( hahha u cant say that name here ) and then Richard took over.

Stack also whistles

Sunday was Progress Check Day after finishing up the first season of the Foundation.

After the first session of 10 swings with the Gamer Driver, I was a bit winded for the 195g test coming in the second set of swings - those are usually all 90-92 lately.

As you can see, it was weird - 7 sets.

Last 2 sets were trail and then lead arm only with 0g. I am naturally left handed and it showed for a few more MPH over the right hand only. PRGR did not pick up more than half the swings in the one armed swings. So a lot of swings.

After finishing, it asks you a series of questions to determine the next recommendation. Since the trail and left hand were close, I get to experience another 18 sets of Foundation again.

IMG_0924.PNG

Is that what it asks u to do, another 18 sets of foundation ??? ......im only on set 6 and im looking forward to the other stuff

At the end of 18, it tests you and asks questions and then gives recommendations. You don't have to take the first recommendation. You can choose what you want.

How much did u gain after the first foundation series ? Have u noticed a increase in ball speed ???? im dreading increasing my swing speed by 20mph but ball speed stays the same

From memory ...

Yes, SwingSpeed is up about 6 mph from Trackman since I started. I was 88-91, and now 94-97+. Ball speed has gone up - of course, ball speed also depends on where the ball hits the face. With good contact, I am now over 140 in ball speed w/ driver. Prevously, most of the time I was in 120's to a high of 130. I am 66 yr old. So my progress may be slower than someone not as senior.

Back