I think thats awesome results, CONGRATS !!!!! Now im motivated to plow through my remaining workouts......Thank you for the updates

Keep on going. Sasho did a lot of research to get this right. Work on speed, and that makes you work on technique and fitness. At least, that's what it does for me. I've got to work more on weights and fitness - need stronger forearms. For the last two weeks, I've had golfers elbow from mats. So that may have slowed me down a bit - it's painful to lift anything heavy with the left arm.

Finished the foundation program over the weekend and did a Progress Check today. The progress check was a great reminder of how good my gains were over the 18 sessions, as I had started to get frustrated over the back half of the program with small improvements. The app has recommended “Full Speed Spectrum” as the next program. Looking forward to starting tomorrow!
After my progress check, I hit some drivers on the range and clocked a new ball speed record for me; 164MPH !!!

Attachments

• 823C7507-2F65-45ED-A53E-264C953FC58F.png
    823C7507-2F65-45ED-A53E-264C953FC58F.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 42
  • AE333536-2699-403F-9E80-7AA2A6740E7F.jpeg
    AE333536-2699-403F-9E80-7AA2A6740E7F.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 36
First program in the books, finished progress check a few minutes ago. Felt a little inconsistent swing to swing going back to full swings instead of max swings like the last few sessions, but overall gained speed which is good to see.

Neural Drive was recommend for me next.

Attachments

• C4C9A190-9D34-43FE-ACF0-703EAD5600B9.png
    C4C9A190-9D34-43FE-ACF0-703EAD5600B9.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 27
I am almost stumped on how to write this question. I want to increase speed but I find I often equate speed to swinging harder. Can you increase swing speed and not change your swings rhythm dramatically. I am a poor driver of the golf ball. Part of the reason is I see driver and become very tense. That causes all sorts of issues.

I listened to a podcast recently with one of the founders of the system, and it really has me intrigued. He has studied this for a very long time, and has tons of data to support the system. Interesting to me, and not surprising at all was that if the implement is too heavy or too light it won't really help improve swing speed as much. The cost is a lot, but I might see if I can swing this and work on keeping the speed up and increasing it during the winter.

Do you have a link to that podcast?

There does seem to be some vimeo videos but I would like to see the evidence if possible.

I've interpreted the stack concept as follows:

1. When one swings a club while trying to stay balanced, the body tends to limit the capability to create excessive clubhead speed 'pre-impact' to enable the muscles (whatever they may be) to decelerate the club 'post impact' safely (without the golfer losing balance or overly straining).

2. Phil Mickelson believes that the best way to train the 'deceleration' muscles would be to practice full swings using your non-dominant side (ie. for Phil Mickelson it would be swinging right handed instead of left).

3. SMK believes this is incorrect , because swinging non-dominant is building up the 'concentric' contraction of those muscles on the non-dominant side and not 'eccentric' contractions.

4. SMK believes the best way to train the 'non-dominant' swing muscles to eccentrically contract stronger is to use his stack system. That is , swinging his 'stack' device faster without a ball with progressively heavier weights .

Example (as per my own interpretation which 'may/may not' be correct):
If you were a golfer swinging pre-impact at 100 mph, impact would decelerate your club by 20 mph . Therefore your 'decelerating' muscles are adapted to coping with stopping the club moving post impact at 80 mph .
If you were able to train yourself to swing the 'stacked' club faster without striking a ball ( in balance and without strain) at 100mph , you will be better able to swing a real club faster when the ball is in the way. For example , your 'eccentric' decelerating muscle potential could theoretically cope with a 'Pre-impact' clubhead speed of 120 mph.

Obviously , the question I would ask is how would you train a golfer to swing at 120 mph while either retaining or increasing his smash factor (even if you've trained your muscles to cope with a post impact speed of 100 mph)?

Perhaps a slight non-answer, but the co-founder of the Stack, Marty Jertson, recommends ignoring smash factor altogether.

All I can tell you two above is that I'm swinging the club faster after the first 18 sets and getting more distance. I am starting the second set of Foundation - which is their primary speed building set, from reading about the Stack, to get me over the 100 hump. Let's go 105! Now that will be a test.

Just finished foundation. My speed radar broke after session 7. Bought a new PRGR and speeds were slower but more accurate when set next to trackman. I was using speed radar before. It was hard to break any records because they were based on old radar. Loved training but ticked me off that I struggled to break records. I hope it resets after I baseline test. I feel like I need to fix swing technique have power leaks. Hoping to make gains

It is Stack Saturday.

Began a new set. Apparently, I read the app too quickly and skipped a paragraph after finishing the Foundation. I am on Full Speed Spectrum. Appreciate that fact that I need mo' speed.

Today was 1 of 24.

Even though I've been slacking on the slack intermittently since Oct 29, the app tells me I did the fastest time on the last two sets.

What is the difference? ON the first 2 sets, you swing with FULL INTENT - fastest swing you'd use on the course.

ON the last 2 sets, you swing like Bryson with MAX INTENT - as out of your shoes as you can go. Well, my shoes stayed on but my lead foot was dancing on the follow-through.

IMG_0929.PNG

Just finished foundation. My speed radar broke after session 7. Bought a new PRGR and speeds were slower but more accurate when set next to trackman. I was using speed radar before. It was hard to break any records because they were based on old radar. Loved training but ticked me off that I struggled to break records. I hope it resets after I baseline test. I feel like I need to fix swing technique have power leaks. Hoping to make gains
same thing happened to me. It’s disheartening that om not as fast as I was and that its halfway through the program.
At least I’m seeing gains on the course. PRGR is obviously better.

Does anybody else have nearly the same results with Full Intent vs Max Intent ??? My swinging the fastest i would on a golf course and the MAX effort almost falling over is 1-2 mph at most.

* when im relaxed my vertical jump is 29"- 30" but when i try to explode 110% i may get 31"

That's about right on Full Intent v. Max Intent.

same thing happened to me. It’s disheartening that om not as fast as I was and that its halfway through the program.
At least I’m seeing gains on the course. PRGR is obviously better.

You are only halfway through one program. There are many.

I did see gains of 3 Mph even with switching devices. Got some feedback on my swing that I think will be a new power source moving forward. My next plan that it recommended for me was the Neutral Drive. I really enjoy the the training and accountability it provides. To me well worth it. I love that it's a nice complement to my training In the gym. I just rewrote that progression which focuses on compound lifts, paired with something explosive. With extreme focus of GOATA movement trying to progrm the back chain. 🧬🌪 At 45 going on 46 trying to get better any way I can..... good job everyone training in here. We all will be hitting bombs

I switched from SSR to PRGR its recording slower speeds which might be me as i had a week off. im now close to previous speeds but the PRGR has a greater variance in E Speed.
I have just beat distance potential so feeling pretty good.
Does anyone know why there is a bigger variance in espeed to swing speed?

Attachments

• AC7782F6-3613-4AC8-9BC7-558444CFC21E.png
    AC7782F6-3613-4AC8-9BC7-558444CFC21E.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 17
I believe the variance is due to which Radar system u employ. For example, the SSR reads fast, therefore the espeed gets less of a boost than say the PRGR which reads slow.

Example:

SSR Speed 100 / Trackman Speed 96
PRGR Speed 100 / Trackman Speed 102

Although the units are both reading 100mph, the difference is 6 mph using a sophisticated camera based radar system.

I would concur and I think that is why the stack asks you what you are using to measure your speed as well as what length golf shaft is in your driver.

I switched from SSR to PRGR its recording slower speeds which might be me as i had a week off. im now close to previous speeds but the PRGR has a greater variance in E Speed.
I have just beat distance potential so feeling pretty good.
Does anyone know why there is a bigger variance in espeed to swing speed?

I changed from SSR mine just quit working to the PRGR Black. The PRGR for me was a lot closer to Trackman. 1 to 1.5 mph either way. The SSR gave me a lot faster readings. I was told that SSR is usually 3-4% higher. Since using PRGR my speeds are about 4 mph slower. Hope this helps

I should mention im getting faster with the stack stick, im just not getting faster with my actual driver !

* I switched from SSR to gratin g80 during session 11
Why do you think that it's not transferring? Honest question seems like if your moving faster it would translate. I wonder if it is intenent maybe driver fitting. I was worried I didn't see a lot of jump in stack numbers then saw a jump with driver. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Keep up the good work. Thank you for sharing

Getting back into it after the holiday and rest. Took a timeout.

My speed has definitely increased since I began.

I have taken almost 2 weeks off after injuring myself. Speed is still up from when I started, even while babying my injury this past weekend.

Plan to get back at it again tomorrow.

I am 2/3 through the lead arm enhancer and that bit has really helped me.

Its good to take a break.....what series are u on now ??? Full Speed Spectrum ???

Has anybody done the Heavy hitter or Neural overload or FS Spectrum workouts yet ??? Im curious to as what they may entail....more swings ??? opposite swings ???

Full Speed Spectrum.:cool:

whats the session entail ???? Still 28 swings ??? full or max effort ?

My last session is somewhere above this post.

After I do a session today I will post it.

whats the session entail ???? Still 28 swings ??? full or max effort ?

The number of swings and effort level can vary throughout the programs. It seems like whenever I have the workout memorized it changes. For example in the lead arm enhancer it was 8 max effort with 195 grams, then 10 lead arm only at 0 grams, 8 trail arm at 0 grams, 10 lead arm at 0 grams and finally 8 max effort 195 gram.

Then it changed to the same max effort number to start & finish at 195 gram, then changed to 8/6/8 lead/trail/lead at 45 gram.

I imagine it will be changing again before I finish this program.

Thank you Desmond, i went back and looked it up...it appears to be a 6/8/6/6 full/max/max/max session

Yes you can see the workout below. Back to the Stack after a couple of weeks of rest.

Started slowly but did not lose anything from a two week rest. Set new records in sets 2 and 3. I've been working on better mechanics over the last 2 weeks - couple that with more consistent Stack work, and we'll see what happens.

I did this after rowing, lifting some weights, and treadmill.

IMG_0938.PNG

Last edited:
I really like the app aspect of this system. I purchased Superspeed awhile back and started it but have back issues and they came on so I stopped. I'm gonna get started again but this read really has me considering selling those and getting the Stack.

@Jman - Wondering your ongoing thoughts on this system. I kind of like the aspect of the app tracking. Overall thoughts? Everyone else?

Back