A while back I purchased The Stack system as well as the Salted Insoles. I started working on my swing with the Salted Insoles during separate practice sessions in my garage. As I began to swing better, which I believe has to do with working on my balance and weight transfer with the insoles, I thought it would be a benefit combining the Insoles with some Stack workouts.

And I have to say, while I don't have specific statistical data, I can tell you that I feel the combo together seems to help my swing overall. I really focus to make sure I'm balanced starting the swing and then working on the transfer of weight to the correct areas in each Stack swing.

So just wanted to share the combo. (Please excuse the mess in the garage and sim area. ;) and grit score is lower than I'd like due to being away for work and sick lately.)
View attachment trim.B76F1F0E-0A93-48E9-AA2B-FAFF774C6F5D.MOV

IMG_8512.jpg

Found a few swings in my second session that are more in line with what I wanted to see in my baseline lol. Really have to focus on swing free vs. swinging hard if that makes sense. So far I've found this far more straightforward than the Super Speed system. Dunno what it says about me but the app tracking things makes a difference for me.

Found a few swings in my second session that are more in line with what I wanted to see in my baseline lol. Really have to focus on swing free vs. swinging hard if that makes sense. So far I've found this far more straightforward than the Super Speed system. Dunno what it says about me but the app tracking things makes a difference for me.

The app is what makes people use it - it is the key to consistent use.

I am changing my swing to more body-driven and have taken off a week from it due to weather/work. But have done the last two sessions timely and have one to do today.

My findings after stack research. I should mention i am not getting as much range time as normal due to work schedule.....im at the range about once every 2 weeks.....so only about 4 sessions since i finished foundation and Full Speed Spectrum

Foundation / Results 103* /99 ( i actually decreased , but i switched from SSR to garmin so probably the same because SSR reads about 4 mph fast )
Full Speed Spectrum /Results 99/106
Ball Speed start of stack : 149
Ball Speed after 45 sessions :147 ( so yes im a bit slower but my mechanics are off )
I am swinging much faster when there is no ball present but have not figured out a way to translate speed yet. I figure this will come with range work and practice acclimating to new speed. I can currently reach 104 tops while hitting a ball and 113 without a ball present. The ball speeds are not very good because my range has decided to never replace the balls. Golf courses and range are packed in the Bay Area ( CA ) so they figure why spend money on anything, we will just double green fees and still have waiting room only.

I am very pleased that i can take a 70% swing right now and cruise over 140 in ball speed. The difference between my lazy swing and gorilla swing is only about 10 mph in ball speed.

This senior guy is still stacking. Had to have an espresso before the workout. Started slow and then had to get mean. o_O

This one is going to look silly. I started with one swing last night after a workout and said, "This is not going to work." So 22 hrs between first swing and last swing.

I kinda suck as to consistency but am getting closer to where I was before Christmas when eSpeed was 100.

IMG_1064.PNG

It looks like if you had swung 92 mph on the 4th rep of your last set , you would have achieved your 100mph espeed......im just beginning my second go around with full speed spectrum, they really should change it up with a FSD part 2....

Five sessions in (I was a slacker yesterday). Feel like I'm moving backwards a little but I felt the same when I started the Super Speed training as well. I'm not getting discouraged. Couple things I've found over the first handful of sessions:

Even though I watched the videos, in the first few sessions I was trying to max out on every swing. I think that's a hangup coming off the Super Speed that I just had to get past. If you're the same, when you get to phase two you'll realize it as well. Guessing it's not a big deal but I have to focus on keeping my on-course swing for the full swings and not trying to hulk swing. That's what the max swings are for later.

This is more of just me being a little mental, but I've also found that you can't focus on the radar too much. I found myself staring at it once the clubhead/stick passed it to get an immediate readout. Once I caught myself I've been focusing on taking a normal swing and letting my head rotate through after my body, which has yielded more fluid swings that actually result in a higher SS reading. The number isn't going anywhere. It'll be there when you look back down.

I plan on restarting this week. I fell all the way off with life, kids, life, kids, and kids. :ROFLMAO:

Still IMO the best speed building program out there.

Halfway through the 1st program. And all I can say is “wow!” This thing is legit. Gains gains gains right now. Very impressed and going to be interesting where it all ends up.

After reading through everyone's response here, I just made the purchase for the system. Outside of golf, decided to get myself back into shape, got a treadmill /squat rack and yoga mat. Hopefully the combination of those with this will get back some of the speed I've lost over the years.

After reading through everyone's response here, I just made the purchase for the system. Outside of golf, decided to get myself back into shape, got a treadmill /squat rack and yoga mat. Hopefully the combination of those with this will get back some of the speed I've lost over the years.
great choices! Just follow the program and I'm confident you'll see successes!

Congrats on your purchase, the stack system is phenomenal and i actually made gains. Some important things to consider :

1) Dont get injured, always better to shut down early or take a break if it doesn't feel right
2) Warm up properly, if you dont have enough time just do a warmup and stretch and skip the swinging, you can never have too much GENTLE stretching
3) Gains will come, some people make massive gains early while some people make steady gainsaid then there are those who make gains later, but they will come
4) Dont sacrifice form for the sake of "tricking" the radar for another extra 2mph
5) As u walk past your buddy's drives, remember the time when u used to be back there too !

Seems like speed increases have been seen by each company's speed stick, whether it be The Stack, Superspeed, or RypStick. If each improves speed, what's the differentiating factors? I always go back to how does speed training relate back to your actual swing. Seems like there could be benefit to doing drills to increase speed while working on improving technical aspects of your swing. Thoughts?

Hit the range for the first time in a good while last night since we have some moderate temps this week. Swing is a little armsy at this point, but once I got settled down a bit, my SS was hovering just under 100 with a few in the 102 range, which is almost what I'm used to seeing mid-season so I do feel like I'm a little ahead of the curve there already. I do need to make sure I focus on full rotation while using this so I don't ingrain any bad habits.

Just checking in to see how everybody is doing.....currently stuck at 100-101 with the 195g stack.....im on my second go around with Full Speed Spectrum. Picking up some speed in lighter and heavier weights, just waiting on my 195g to kick in.....Same issue happened in the last module of FSD, I had nothing for about 20 sessions and then it all came at once !!!! It is absolutely true, even if u dont see any results , keep plugging !

I tweaked my shoulder and have been slacking a bit, but getting back at it this week. I actually played golf this weekend and had a pretty good day off the tee. Not everything was long but I kept it in play all day and hit some summer distances on a few that I found the center on. I was definitely holding back a bit as it was the first round of the year. Got me excited to keep going with the program though.

Two sessions in this week and my driver eSpeed has finally crept up to 98. My goal for league this year is 100+ so well on my way. I've been practicing with my Orange Whip before and after to try not to let my tempo get out of sync.

Ok im checking in again and im super excited....went to the range yesterday and just like my last breakthrough, the new speed seems to come out of nowhere .....i was not feeling particularly good and it was early in the morning....i didn't bother stretching out and had some free time because i got to the course early for my tee time.....I was expecting a bit slower than normal, my joints and hands hurt a bit and ive been swinging too much lately. First swing was nothing special....90mph at 255 which is slower than avg.....then i saw a 96 and thats what got me going and them a 97 and then several 101mph.....I then did my step drills with 120g and was getting close to 115 and the 85g was close to 120.....unloaded the stick and hit 129mph which is my career best.....Then i did the dreaded 195g swings and managed a few 104-107 mph swings.....Beat my all time high average by 3 mph and some of my swings at the various weights were even faster......Unfortunately when it came down to hit balls....my swing speed and ball speed are even worst than when i first started......Ive gained about 15mph swing speed with the stack but my swing speed with a driver is only at 99-100 meh and ball speed has slipped down to 141 mph.

Im not discouraged, i plan to do a few more months of speed training and then ill focus on trying to translate some of that speed into a real swing.....My all time fastest swing with my 5 wood is 116mph so i know i can swing clubs ok....i think i must have a mental block or some crazy slow down with a ball present.

since stack is only dominant side swings, has anybody decided to take a break and only do non dominant swings ??? There is a study that says people gained 6.4mph from just doing non dominant swings for 6 weeks. it definitely has merit that we should beef up our non dominant side if we want to control more swing speed.\

Last edited:
since stack is only dominant side swings, has anybody decided to take a break and only do non dominant swings ??? There is a study that says people gained 6.4mph from just doing non dominant swings for 6 weeks. it definitely has merit that we should beef up our non dominant side if we want to control more swing speed.\

"from our friends over at Superspeed" :LOL: No surprise there. I've used SS and it does work, but I don't trust myself doing non-dominant swings, step swings, etc. inside the house. That's why I went with the Stack this year and so far it's worked pretty well. Definitely merit in both systems.

"from our friends over at Superspeed" :LOL: No surprise there. I've used SS and it does work, but I don't trust myself doing non-dominant swings, step swings, etc. inside the house. That's why I went with the Stack this year and so far it's worked pretty well. Definitely merit in both systems.

I agree both systems will provide results if you put in the work, but I prefer stack. the app is so good, and I can see it getting better with more of us using it.

I saw the latest update had a cruiser routine and a flex routine, hopefully they have a Full Speed Spectrum 2 and a Nondominant routine coming soon.....im still making gains but the thought of doing the FSD for a third time in a row is les than thrilling......im leaning towards trying the Neural overload next.

I saw the latest update had a cruiser routine and a flex routine, hopefully they have a Full Speed Spectrum 2 and a Nondominant routine coming soon.....im still making gains but the thought of doing the FSD for a third time in a row is les than thrilling......im leaning towards trying the Neural overload next.
The Stack won't likely have a non dominant routine based on what Sasho Mackenzie has seen in his research. Link below is a vid of him explaining why. You will probably need to do a non dominant routine through Superspeed if it's something you believe in

yeah definitely......im about to finish my third routine and then neural overload will be my fourth segment. I plan to do a non dominant segment just to give my body a break, im pretty old and feel the aches and pains of only moving explosive in one direction

Back