I would agree that in the best of all worlds, you would input all of the data requested for the baseline. However, the app does give the option to skip the input for single arm, both lead and trail. I know that @OldandStiff has had some injuries and when he asked the question, I inferred, rightfully or wrongfully, that perhaps those injuries make it difficult for him to swing with only one of his arms. If that is true, the app might try to develop a program that would strengthen something that cannot be strengthened. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that is what I was getting at. I was trying to say that since the app gives you the option to skip that input, it must be effective without it.

Well, the good thing is if you do not agree with the App's order of training phases, they are only the App's recommendations. Skip and re-order the priorities where wanted.

I would agree that in the best of all worlds, you would input all of the data requested for the baseline. However, the app does give the option to skip the input for single arm, both lead and trail. I know that @OldandStiff has had some injuries and when he asked the question, I inferred, rightfully or wrongfully, that perhaps those injuries make it difficult for him to swing with only one of his arms. If that is true, the app might try to develop a program that would strengthen something that cannot be strengthened. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that is what I was getting at. I was trying to say that since the app gives you the option to skip that input, it must be effective without it.
You have it right buddy. Wouldn't be good.

If @captaincaution is right about the creator that alone kinda makes me want to try it. Love people that are always looking for more and varied data to help improve their product.

Here is my issue. I live here in the northeast so the golf window is closing soon. So do I start now or wait to the beginning of the spring to be ready to go for next season?

Here is my issue. I live here in the northeast so the golf window is closing soon. So do I start now or wait to the beginning of the spring to be ready to go for next season?

Great question! As I normally don’t pick up a club in the off season, other than chipping or putting practice, and I don’t have the room or space to take full swings, I would be one to wait for spring.

Great question! As I normally don’t pick up a club in the off season, other than chipping or putting practice, and I don’t have the room or space to take full swings, I would be one to wait for spring.

If you are confident in your swing mechanics I would do it over the winter so when the season begins you hopefully have some added speed in the tank.

If not, I would leave it alone. I personally would hate to see what a winter of trying to pick up speed would do to my mechanics if I wasn't hitting any balls to see if I am completely destroying my swing.

FYI for everyone.... I had some issues with my 4th and 5th session of the foundations program and reached out to Sasho in twitter. He answered me right back.

HE looked at my numbers and said everything was fine and that was normal. Said most of the gains are not until the last 2-3 weeks of foundations and then moving to the next program.

If you have room to swing, I'd start now. If you don't as early as possible.

Also of note, this is hybrid length so that few extra inches could make it possible to do inside

I am similar. Our golf season is winding down. By the time I would see the real benefit, we would be into November. I was motivated on starting now in large part because of the dream foursomes experience that I am lucky enough to participate in, which is in November. In addition, now that my kids are grown and I have more time, I am able to drive 300 or so miles to Southern Utah several times during the winter months to play.

I believe, but could be wrong, that if you went through the training regimen and then didn’t use it, that you would give up some of the gains. The reason I say this is because the instruction that comes with the Stack device stated that if the baseline numbers were derived more than two months ago, they are no longer valid and they should be redone.

If you are confident in your swing mechanics I would do it over the winter so when the season begins you hopefully have some added speed in the tank.

If not, I would leave it alone. I personally would hate to see what a winter of trying to pick up speed would do to my mechanics if I wasn't hitting any balls to see if I am completely destroying my swing.
When I did this a few years ago with speed sticks, it did change my swing path to some degree and I fought sh___s for a while, because I was not able to hit balls to see what was going on with my swing.

I have never used the Mevo+ device. My thought on it is that as long as it is consistent, it will work. It doesn’t matter to me if it is a little faster or slower. If it is consistent, it will give me a baseline and let me know if I am progressing in a positive direction.
I agree with that, just need consistency to make sure you can see improvement. Sounds like you are making great progress with the Stack System. Congrats, I am thinking about trying it out as well.

For your consideration, this is my radar setup with the Stack:

PRGR Black with Visio Tripod.

I had to get the Tripod from the Visio site in the UK and shipping did not take long.

I train on Bermuda grass, and needed a tripod to hold up the radar for accuracy. Those thick grass blades get in the way.

I did find out if you hit some blades of grass on your downswing, that you will lose several MPH.

I always start with the 15 minute warmup, and each of the first several sessions after the evaluation has taken about 17-18 minutes.

IMG_0674.jpeg

I will keep uploading my workout results so that those who are interested can track my progress. Today, I finished my first workout, after completing the baseline. The baseline showed my distance potential at 260. Tonight, the app indicated that my distance potential is 270. One of the things that I am convinced of as I age is that the brain needs to be reminded regularly that my body can move quicker than it wants it to. At the end of the workout, I picked up driver and took one swing. The radar measured it at 108, which, honestly is about what I was seeing two years ago when I had the same radar device (I broke the first one over a year ago, when I took a wild swing 😬). The swing measured at 108 tonight was a good, hard swing, but it wasn’t anything that I wouldn’t do out on the course. This Stack System is so slick, with the workout set up in the app and the way that you input the data with voice, that it is really kind of fun to use. I am becoming excited, because I am already feeling like I am going to get all of my distance back that I thought I had lost.

165BE6CC-146D-4728-B88B-7BAA7CAF7148.jpegD5AE93A3-34C8-4EED-9EFE-F5E4C2EAD780.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else using this with the Sports Sensors radar? Thinking of taking the plunge, and would be easier to do so with that one over the PRGR.

Anyone else using this with the Sports Sensors radar? Thinking of taking the plunge, and would be easier to do so with that one over the PRGR.

Other people are, but I wanted something more accurate, so I went with PRGR. Sports Sensors captures the toe which is going faster than the club - but there is no toe in the stack. With a real club, SS Radar can be 5-10% off by most accounts. But with the Stack where there is no toe to catch, it should be fine.Edit - I don't know if that conclusion is accurate. See below post. I found it hard to see the readout sometimes in the sun. Even if not accurate, you will still see your progress. So for $150 less, it's more than doable.

Last edited:
Just did phase I at the range.

I’ve never tracked my speeds before now and its been interesting in the short time.

After completing the session I moved the radar over and hit some drives. Speed measured was what I’ve seen on GCQuad at around 109-112.
For giggles, I decided to try what I consider a Gankas like tall turn and a squat/spread on the downswing. Had some interesting speed numbers. Not sire the 125 one is accurate, but both were quite high bombs. Will see how it goes!

F8CDD221-8DC0-45BD-8397-EADA6E6B4609.jpeg6E1A1816-1883-4692-B501-88F90AC4ED94.jpeg

Other people are, but I wanted something more accurate, so I went with PRGR. Sports Sensors captures the toe which is going faster than the club - but there is no toe in the stack. With a real club, SS Radar can be 5-10% off by most accounts. But with the Stack where there is no toe to catch, it should be fine. I found it hard to see the readout sometimes in the sun. Even if not accurate, you will still see your progress. So for $150 less, it's more than doable.

many times consistency is more important than accuracy. If you know it is 5 mph fast. But it is 5 mph fast every time. Your still good.

many times consistency is more important than accuracy. If you know it is 5 mph fast. But it is 5 mph fast every time. Your still good.

I believe having no toe in the Stack will give a more realistic and consistent reading with SSR - that WAS my best sense of it. But thinking about it, I don't know if I am correct.

I also wanted something to take to the range that was more accurate with the PRGR. I have an SSR but as we all know, my SS is not over 100 and it was giving me 104+ readings with speed sticks - that's when I said ??. Boosted my ego though before Trackman brought me back to earth. Thinking about it, my conclusion is that you can chart your progress with SSR just don't rely on its readings as accurate. And what counts is what happens on the course.

Tell you what, since I have both PRGR and SSR, at my next session I will take readings with both.

I believe having no toe in the Stack will give a more realistic and consistent reading with SSR - that WAS my best sense of it. But thinking about it, I don't know if I am correct.

I also wanted something to take to the range that was more accurate with the PRGR. I have an SSR but as we all know, my SS is not over 100 and it was giving me 104+ readings with speed sticks - that's when I said ??. Boosted my ego though before Trackman brought me back to earth. Thinking about it, my conclusion is that you can chart your progress with SSR just don't rely on its readings as accurate. And what counts is what happens on the course.

Tell you what, since I have both PRGR and SSR, at my next session I will take readings with both.

I would be interested to see if over the course of a few swings if there is a number spike or dip in there somewhere. Where all of a sudden one was way faster or slower..

I know that you likely were referencing me when you asked if others were using radar. I would not have skimped if I thought something more expensive were necessary. The radar is consistent enough to give you what you need for the Stack. I don’t think the Stack would list it as an option if it were inadequate.

Following this as I have a SSR and want to know if the PRGR is a need, or if the SSR is sufficient

I know that you likely were referencing me when you asked if others were using radar. I would not have skimped if I thought something more expensive were necessary. The radar is consistent enough to give you what you need for the Stack. I don’t think the Stack would list it as an option if it were inadequate.
Thanks for this. I was a little concerned with SSR as the numbers have been different in both directions with SSR as compared to my Mevo+ with driver/7 iron

Just did phase I at the range.

I’ve never tracked my speeds before now and its been interesting in the short time.

After completing the session I moved the radar over and hit some drives. Speed measured was what I’ve seen on GCQuad at around 109-112.
For giggles, I decided to try what I consider a Gankas like tall turn and a squat/spread on the downswing. Had some interesting speed numbers. Not sire the 125 one is accurate, but both were quite high bombs. Will see how it goes!

View attachment 9028772View attachment 9028773
That is some real speed, my man!

That comparison would be fun to see. I hope you will do it and share with us.

I totally get your reasoning for PRGR. Anybody who reads my posts knows that I am as a big a club ho as can be found. It is just fun to try new stuff, although I realize intellectually that it is not changing more scoring. It may even hinder it, LOL. I would probably have sprung for PRGR, but I figure the range balls are not going to give me accurate numbers either, so it isn’t all that helpful on a normal driving range. Plus, I have a facility nearby that has TracMan that I have used faithfully for the last two winters to work on my swing during the offseason. I figure that I can get realistic numbers there and then, on the range, I have my little Swing Caddie that measure ball speed (even though, again, they are range balls).

Thanks for this. I was a little concerned with SSR as the numbers have been different in both directions with SSR as compared to my Mevo+ with driver/7 iron
One thing to keep in mind, with respect to using the Stack program. If the SSR gives you a wonky number, you can simply take another swing. I definitely see some swings where the measures speed is clearly not right, but I just ignore those. I know enough about my swing and from my many hours on TrackMan to know about where I should be.

Back