That comparison would be fun to see. I hope you will do it and share with us.

I totally get your reasoning for PRGR. Anybody who reads my posts knows that I am as a big a club ho as can be found. It is just fun to try new stuff, although I realize intellectually that it is not changing more scoring. It may even hinder it, LOL. I would probably have sprung for PRGR, but I figure the range balls are not going to give me accurate numbers either, so it isn’t all that helpful on a normal driving range. Plus, I have a facility nearby that has TracMan that I have used faithfully for the last two winters to work on my swing during the offseason. I figure that I can get realistic numbers there and then, on the range, I have my little Swing Caddie that measure ball speed (even though, again, they are range balls).

I guess the pressure is on...

One thing to keep in mind, with respect to using the Stack program. If the SSR gives you a wonky number, you can simply take another swing. I definitely see some swings where the measures speed is clearly not right, but I just ignore those. I know enough about my swing and from my many hours on TrackMan to know about where I should be.
Makes sense, thanks

You have it. I have a feeling that this is going to be super helpful. Anyone who has seen my other posts has read me lament about a loss of speed this year. This may get me back to where I was, which is driver ball speed in the 150’s.

curious, as newbie, to know what your speed loss issues have been. I’ve lost a bunch of weight this year which in theory would likely increase my speed, but my swing is so different right now that I’m losing speed from somewhere which may just be comfort and power leaks. But, it’s frustrating to say the least.

curious, as newbie, to know what your speed loss issues have been. I’ve lost a bunch of weight this year which in theory would likely increase my speed, but my swing is so different right now that I’m losing speed from somewhere which may just be comfort and power leaks. But, it’s frustrating to say the least.
Ironically, I have lost speed in the past when I have lost weight. I attribute my speed loss to age. I turned 60 in December and golf has not been the priority this year that it as been the last several. I think at a certain age, if you stop activating muscle groups, the neuro receptors or whatever a physiologist would call them slow down very quickly. It is just a sad reality that you have to keep fighting hard for what you have the older you get.

Ironically, I have lost speed in the past when I have lost weight. I attribute my speed loss to age. I turned 60 in December and golf has not been the priority this year that it as been the last several. I think at a certain age, if you stop activating muscle groups, the neuro receptors or whatever a physiologist would call them slow down very quickly. It is just a sad reality that you have to keep fighting hard for what you have the older you get.

Got it. Yes, I was whining last night to my wife. Truthfully several times over the swing changing during the bulk of the weight loss when I was hitting it good with the new swing the ball was going further. Maybe, since I feel like I’ve had to slow down for control I’ve somewhat lost some of that “glute activation” or trained myself to swing slower. Has been only a few yards on the course, but my 7 iron swing was 10 mph slower at a t series fitting at my club yesterday. But, my swing felt awful too. Thinking as I get it back implementing the stack will help get my speed back.

I was upset, and the fitter basically said “I can see the speed in your swing you’ve just got to get comfortable with your new body and swing and you’ll get it back” it was good experience, and the golf adjustment has been hard but I’ll take some loss distance over the extra 70 lbs if I have too.

I did SS before the weight loss and saw some gains but also tweaked my lower back on it too. Stack system seems really good with the adjustable weights and particularly the app versus the spread sheet I created for SS.

Everytime I finish a set, I say, "Eff me, that is tough" as the sweat drips off me and I walk to the shower. After the shower, I say, "Eff me, that is tough."

Okay, I did not let you down. I did the experiment of SSR and PRGR. It was on St Augustine - thick blades of grass, and while the PRGR is in a tripod, the SSR sits in the blades of grass. I need to go on the range where they have fwy grass and not grass in the rough.

I don't want to give results - because if I do, people will run with it as gospel when it's not. Tuesday is my next session. I will get to the range in the morning before it gets warm.

And I just got a third covid shot on Thu night, so I am just getting over that fatigue. It has nothing to do with the experiment, but my results. Not that bad actually for only the third session. I don't expect results for about 5 more weeks or so.

Tuesday...

Everytime I finish a set, I say, "Eff me, that is tough" as the sweat drips off me and I walk to the shower. After the shower, I say, "Eff me, that is tough."

Okay, I did not let you down. I did the experiment of SSR and PRGR. It was on St Augustine - thick blades of grass, and while the PRGR is in a tripod, the SSR sits in the blades of grass. I need to go on the range where they have fwy grass and not grass in the rough.

I don't want to give results - because if I do, people will run with it as gospel when it's not. Tuesday is my next session. I will get to the range in the morning before it gets warm.

And I just got a third covid shot on Thu night, so I am just getting over that fatigue. It has nothing to do with the experiment, but my results. Not that bad actually for only the third session. I don't expect results for about 5 more weeks or so.

Tuesday...
What is this, like some sort of weekly suspense show? Tune in next week, when we will finally reveal… This better be good on Tuesday. 😂😂😂

Is the radar needed to detect just the swing speed of your gamer club? Or does the radar also need to detect the speed of the Stack System club, too? (I have a MEVO+ but I don't think it will detect the speed of the Stack club...) Adding, MEVO+ is not on the list of supported Flightscope devices...

Is the radar needed to detect just the swing speed of your gamer club? Or does the radar also need to detect the speed of the Stack System club, too? (I have a MEVO+ but I don't think it will detect the speed of the Stack club...) Adding, MEVO+ is not on the list of supported Flightscope devices...
You have to have a device that will measure the speed of the Stack swing stick.

trying to catch up on this thread bc it does intrigue me.....

so within the stack app, you have to manually add club speed? Which obviously means purchasing a separate radar

Is there anyone here going through the protocols who is NOT using a radar? Yes I know that seems pointless not being able to track true data and progress. I sold my SuperSpeed sticks and loved the progress from that even tho I never used a radar to judge. I saw the results on Trackman and fitting sessions. I also tried the AeroSwing but that thing sucks

trying to catch up on this thread bc it does intrigue me.....

so within the stack app, you have to manually add club speed? Which obviously means purchasing a separate radar

Is there anyone here going through the protocols who is NOT using a radar? Yes I know that seems pointless not being able to track true data and progress. I sold my SuperSpeed sticks and loved the progress from that even tho I never used a radar to judge. I saw the results on Trackman and fitting sessions. I also tried the AeroSwing but that thing sucks
You can either manually or by voice input the data during a session. This system is not functional without being able to input the data. The protocols will not move from one rep to the next without first inputting the data.

You can either manually or by voice input the data during a session. This system is not functional without being able to input the data. The protocols will not move from one rep to the next without first inputting the data.
but you do need a separate radar in order for the system to function right?

Yes, you need to tell the app the swing speed for each swing - after a swing, you say,

"Bryson 135"

Forget the Bryson, just "135"

But in my case, "88"

And that is your eSpeed, which they translate to your new potential swing speed.

I mean if you are going to spend $350, spend the $100 for an SSR and get it done.

Either radar or some other mechanism that accurately measures the swing speed of a driver and the Stack weighted device.

Once you get it, you won't regret it.

Disclaimer: No guarantees.:ROFLMAO: It's one of those things, you must dedicate 3X per week for 32 minutes each.

Once you get it, you won't regret it.

Disclaimer: No guarantees.:ROFLMAO: It's one of those things, you must dedicate 3X per week for 32 minutes each.
I am going to do the work. I won’t know whether I regret it for about six weeks or my next sports hernia surgery.

Has anyone stalled or gone backwards.
not sure if i need to ease up on gym or time workouts so im rested after golf.
I have actually gone backwards the last 3 sessions.

Another round in and my overall results were not changed, but I did reach some new highs with some individual swings. When you do that, the app tells out loud that you hit a new record, kind of fun. I also again checked my driver and added a 7 iron at the end of the session. I can tell that my swing is picking up a bit. I need to get 7 iron back to about 85 to be where I was a year ago. I may be close already with driver.

B496868E-0C98-441C-9500-9C7788741799.jpeg51BB47F6-CFF1-44F7-8515-3C37140BE6BC.jpeg72756939-0C45-48FA-B27B-ACC666EDA277.jpeg47B9628D-E66C-49F9-8A88-DAA989F8C159.jpeg

Does anybody know what the Grit score means? I noticed that mine was lower today than it was in my last session.

Last edited:
Perhaps in a way it is good to know that it is not a linear improvement, LOL, not that I expected it to be. Today I took a step backward. I could feel that I was not as fast. This is what I experience in my golf, more ups and downs in distance than I did years ago. I will post the bad with the good for those who want to follow.

6BFCB1E8-740D-4381-83FA-274C04B9230B.jpeg27661B56-610C-4AC9-9497-3F99F96FC86D.jpegE72F1904-A2E2-42D8-B4F7-8059CF122C26.jpeg

I am wanting more and more to get this..

Okay, I set up SSR and GRPR after my session tonight. Only 5 swings, I was tired but got it up to 90 and SSR was very good. I will update you with more data, but SSR was consistently 3-5% above GRPR.

The GRIT is how well you follow the program.

Perhaps in a way it is good to know that it is not a linear improvement, LOL, not that I expected it to be. Today I took a step backward. I could feel that I was not as fast. This is what I experience in my golf, more ups and downs in distance than I did years ago. I will post the bad with the good for those who want to follow.

View attachment 9029660View attachment 9029661View attachment 9029662

I would be willing to bet. Time of day, rest, food intake, work and stress load will all factor into your speed that day.

Okay, I set up SSR and GRPR after my session tonight. Only 5 swings, I was tired but got it up to 90 and SSR was very good. I will update you with more data, but SSR was consistently 3-5% above GRPR.

The GRIT is how well you follow the program.
The good news for me, then, is that even accounting for 5%, I can still generate over 100 mph driver club speed, when I am feeling good.

Back