The Subaru thread

Wow a 13' needing a swap already? what was wrong? ring lands, heads, or something else?
Rings. As I said they have had a terrible problem with oil consumption on this last generation of motors. Heads, piston rings, and even turbos.

This guy was meticulous with his maintenance as well. I'll post the TSB's later when I get to a PC.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rings. As I said they have had a terrible problem with oil consumption on this last generation of motors. Heads, piston rings, and even turbos.

This guy was meticulous with his maintenance as well. I'll post the TSB's later when I get to a PC.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow thats crazy, Ive been lucky that my 10' hasn't had any engine problems and has pretty much perfect compression across all 4. Only problem I had was a synchs on 3rd gear going out and the dealership covered it.

My mom just traded her '03 outback in for a 2013 outback. Evidently that was the last year it was available in stick shift.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Shout out to my local dealership in Olathe, KS.

I had a low beam headlight go out. So I went to the store and bought a new bub and started to replace it. I noticed that I could easily bust the plug it goes into and thought that could be a major issue if I did it. So I called them up and asked what it costs to replace the bulb and they quoted me 40 bucks (plus tax). I needed it done before I went out of town the first week of February, so I got it in and got the work done. 43 bucks and change. Hated spending that much to put in a $16 bulb, but it beat the alternative if I had messed it up and had to get a whole new housing. (Thanks to jrod for letting me know it was a fair price!)

So, the first time I needed the lights was on our way back from the airport on Feb 6. And I had no light on the driver's side still. High beam yes, no low beam. Called them up and let them know it wasn't working that next Monday morning, and they got me in on Tuesday the 11th. They said somehow the bulb melted some strap or connection and they need to order a whole new light housing. I am like oh crap, but they said they would do a good will warranty on it. They ordered it and said it would be in on Monday, so I made an appointment for this past Tuesday. Got there at 8:30, and by 10:00 I was driving out with it fixed finally.

Having to pay for a new housing would have been devastating right now, and if they had somehow said it wouldn't be covered by them, it would have been a bad deal. I'd have done it and could have done it, but it definitely wasn't in the budget. I am glad they basically admitted it was their fault after Jrod told me how much it would cost to replace it. If they had told me I would have had to pay for some reason, it would have sucked.
This is from 2-1/2 years ago. The other low beam lamp went out later. Flash forward to last week when I got a notice in the mail that Subaru is doing an enhancement to their warranty to cover low beam headlamps for like ten years or something now. And if you have had issues, they will reimburse you. So now I need to find my receipts (or get with my dealership to get copies) and I should have about 80 bucks or so headed my way.

Wife decided that the Crosstrek is what she wanted. Carvana gave us a incredible offer to buy her 2012 Beetle so we ordered a 2019 Corsstrek Limited in Cool Grey Khaki.

Joined the Subaru family about a month ago when we purchased a 2020 Ascent. Very happy with it so far. Bring on the NY snow!

We've had our Outback for a few weeks now and have absolutely loved it. My only complaint is the infotainment system is glitchy and can get frustrating but overall it's been awesome. At some point we'll probably end up moving up to the Ascent when used ones become a little more reasonable.

I bought a 2018 Outback last February. Kinda surprised how much I love this car. Big enough for me and my wife, our 2 goldens + luggage, and almost always over 30 mpg!

Reactions: KEV
I bought a 2018 Outback last February. Kinda surprised how much I love this car. Big enough for me and my wife, our 2 goldens + luggage, and almost always over 30 mpg!
Ours is an 18' also and I've been averaging 28mpg with it since we got it. A lot of that is highway driving but I've been loving it! Coming from a little bigger SUV is taken a little getting used to the smaller size but it's working well.

I forgot to mention Subaru has the best commercials with the dogs driving the vehicles around! We got stuck down the YouTube rabbit hole watching them last week.

Wife decided that the Crosstrek is what she wanted. Carvana gave us a incredible offer to buy her 2012 Beetle so we ordered a 2019 Corsstrek Limited in Cool Grey Khaki.

A recall has just been issued by Subaru.

Subaru is recalling more than 400,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix two separate problems with engine computers and motor debris. The first recall from the Japanese automaker covers 466,000 Impreza compact cars from 2017 to 2019, as well as the 2018 to 2019 models of the Crosstrek sports utility vehicles.

We're looking at getting a 2020 Outback. Probably the LImited, but possibly the Onyx Edition Xt (that one has the 2.4 Turbo engine with 260 hp).

My 2010 Outback died (totalled) when someone crossed the intersection when he wasn't supposed to. (That was last September, I replaced it with a Nissan Murano). But now Jacqui is needing a new car, and this is at the top of the list.

How do you like that Crosstrek? Is it comfortable on longer drives?

How do you like that Crosstrek? Is it comfortable on longer drives?

I am not a huge fan of it personally, I find the seats a bit uncomfortable but my wife adores the car.

I am not a huge fan of it personally, I find the seats a bit uncomfortable but my wife adores the car.

thanks for the reply. Maybe one will work for my wife, she takes shorter trips

thanks for the reply. Maybe one will work for my wife, she takes shorter trips
I am eyeing a Crosstrek for my next car (I’m a small car guy), but I will say my wife has a 19 Forester and the maneuverability is surprisingly good.

Changed the plugs in my ‘13 Forester yesterday. They aren’t supposed to come out like this are they?
E80DE10F-E4A2-4E52-B748-A4F6B7A3DD98.jpeg

Anyone enjoying a newer model legacy ? Seems like a deal and a half for the vehicle.

I am eyeing a Crosstrek for my next car (I’m a small car guy), but I will say my wife has a 19 Forester and the maneuverability is surprisingly good.

Crosstrek handles noticeably better. But it’s definitely the smallest of the “SUVs”. I have a ‘19 that I like, handles rugged terrain and snow very well

Crosstrek handles noticeably better. But it’s definitely the smallest of the “SUVs”. I have a ‘19 that I like, handles rugged terrain and snow very well

Can it handle a golf bag in the back with the seats up?

Can it handle a golf bag in the back with the seats up?

Yes, but barely. You either take the driver out or just have to go driver head first if you keep it in the bag.

Yes, but barely. You either take the driver out or just have to go driver head first if you keep it in the bag.

That's good to know, thanks. I'm looking at either that or an Outback.

That's good to know, thanks. I'm looking at either that or an Outback.

Wife has an Outback and likes it a lot. It feels (and is) bigger, but drives pretty comparably IMO. We chose that over the Forrester because it drove more smoothly.

If you have the room and money, I'd probably go Outback for the room.

Back