The Subway Challenge - Could You Do It?

if i could afford it, which i can't, i probably would..

Heck no. I'm not too crazy about Subway. The only time I do Subway is traveling when we want to grab a sandwich to go.

Think of all that bread sitting in your stomach. Nah not for me

I could easily do this. But you wouldn't have to cut out the oil. Oil is actually pretty healthy for you. But if you are using just subways oil I don't think it's 100% olive oil so it might not be the best.

Either way. Easy peasy. Subway and I get along great.

This thread has me wanting Subway.

This thread has me wanting Subway.

I had subway last night
Six inch spicy Italian double the meat extra hot peppers no sauce no mayo. My sandwich artist was like Salvador Dali fantastic sandwich.

Good luck JB and GG if you do this

GG and I got to talking the other day about 2014 and our travels. We talked about the weight loss challenge we did this year and how great it was, except when we hit the road in the THP Tour Van and are constantly on the go with the traveling. Fortunately neither one of us are extremely overweight or out of shape, but we want to continue to stay healthy(ish) for the rest of our lives.

So at the same time as this discussion was taking place, I was reading an article about that Jared guy from Subway. How it started, how it went and what he went through and I turned to GG and said "I could do that". I mean how much easier would it be to know what you were eating, having plentiful choices and also being able to watch your calories? She kind of laughed at me (she does this often on the road), but agreed it could be something that would be an easy way to watch what you eat and stay healthy on the road. Cost wise its not a bad alternative on the road, that is for sure.

So the question I have, is could you do it? Let's take a made up number of time and say 180 days (6 months). Could you eat Subway for lunch and dinner every single meal 7 days a week? Could you do it with their healthier menu items? Eliminating cheese, oil and mayo (for the most part)?

No, I could not........

I think I could do it.

No way. They don't habe enough choices and the bread isn't the best

After 2 weeks, I'd be sick of it and quit.

theres no way i could do it , i did eat subway today but it was a philly cheesesteak with extra cheese so its not very healthy! not enough variety for what i like to eat imo.

I prefer subway subs without cheese, mayo & oil anyway - just banana peppers & mustard for me.

So I might well be able to do this.

Hmmmm....

I don't think I could do it. I like subway a lot but only have a few options that I choose and they include cheese, so I think id get bored with the same thing all the time.

Never, I would rather eat crackers off the floor. Subway is the worst...

I don't even taste cheese in sandwiches, to me it's a total waste so I never add it. Same reason I prefer a regular burger instead of a cheeseburger, the cheese is totally unnecessary to me.

I had a subway turkey sandwich for lunch today. Hmmmmmm good aunt bee :hungry:

180 days? I could do it. I just wouldn't want to do it.

When I travelled, I would go to Arby's quite often and order the Big Montana minus the bread. Then, put Arby Sauce on it and eat it with a knife & fork. Or, at McD's, order the chicken sandwich but not eat the bread. But, that wasn't 2x day, every day for 180 days.

GG and I were talking about this again today. It seems to make sense in my tiny little brain, but Im just not sure.

GG and I were talking about this again today. It seems to make sense in my tiny little brain, but Im just not sure.

Dont do it...go eat big olafs and rethink it again

Dont do it...go eat big olafs and rethink it again

Sadly I am not able to really even walk right now, otherwise that sounds effin divine.

Back