The Subway Challenge - Could You Do It?

Alright! It was mentioned in the 2nd quarter thread that were years old food threads coming back again... and someone mentioned this one from 2013 showed up and look who it is! @MNMarc :D:ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

I could definitely this. Subway sandwiches are so tasty and there is plenty of choice.

One problem may be the sugar content of their breads -upon checking them they seem to be much higher in sugars than your ‘usual’ supermarket sliced bread. Could be an issue for people with diabetes?

Ugh no way. Subway is the worst of the sandwich places. Firehouse or Jersey mikes? Now there’s something I could get behind

Sure, I could do it. It would get kind of boring after a while but I could do it. I question really how healthy even the healthy Subway options are, mostly because of the bread.

Could I eat Subway twice or 3 times per day? I could but I'd be sick of it after the second week.

I would not be able to do it because I don’t find their sandwiches to be very good. If it were jimmy johns, maybe.

Jimmy Johns is way better & I don't think I could do it, I like food too much!

I think I could do it for a maximum of about 20 days max... After that I'd be looking for another alternative.

There is no way I could do this. I don't eat Subway very often and that is enough. Not to mention the amount of time I would waste waiting to get a sandwich. Subway has to be the slowest service ever and it is the same no matter where you go. It's like they are trained to move in slow motion. Also they are about as reliable as a McDonald's ice cream machine. The last several times I've been to one they have been out of a bunch of stuff.

Absolutely no way I could. Their bread just doesn’t work for me. I have a tough time eating Subway more then once a week.

I think I could. There are a lot of options for toppings, bread and a couple lighter sauces to mix it up.

I could but would much rather do it at Firehouse.

I'd rather do it at Jersey Mike's. Subway's sandwiches are bland to me. But Jersey Mike's isn't exactly known for being low-calorie, either.

tough call but the smell of subway stores is awful! I would definitely get sick of it. I have a few coworkers who could power through the challenge no problem.

I actually did something quite similar for 12-13 months. Difference was it was a Port of Subs outlet.

I was running a job that had this store across the street from where we were building Condominiums.

I was busy on the jobsite from 5am-6am to sometimes 8pm-9pm at night. I ate atleast one 6" sub sandwich every day, with two a day being the norm. It was either turkey, tuna, or roast beef.

I can't say it was 7 days a week, every week, but there were some 7 day work weeks involved. Many more 6 day work weeks were normal.

I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. I was in my early 30s, at 5'10" weighing 170 lbs. I was it great physical shape.

Obviously there were family dinners during this time, but a high majority of my calorie intake was sub sandwiches.

Today, if a sub sandwich was nearby, then yeah, this would be a challenge I could handle.

Back