The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ, just be you, it's a game of ebb's and flows buddy.

You know what James, it really is.
I was impressed with my calmness today with all the chaos that was seemingly going on with my game.

I caught myself peeking... at shots today.
So a good portion of my session was simply watching the club make contact.

Contact was pretty dang good.

Huh?! who would have figured...?

Just finished up with a range session that just was nothing less than almost perfect. Just one of those days, not to mention great timing, that #IMREADY for the big dance. Pretty much ran through the entire bag, minus the putter, can only say I had a few poor shots. The driver was working which I am happy with. I was afraid that only swinging the clubs once over the last nine days would affect my swing. Not today!

Has a lesson today. Work has been gruesome lately, but it was nice to focus on the old swing again. Long story short, I have committed to getting the shaft fully parallel to the target line at the top, instead of the 3/4 swing I've been trying. The 3/4 swing gives me the most distance, but is inconsistent. The full swing goes straight, but I'm losing distance, mainly because my right hand has more space to cast the club. But I'll take the consistency and figure out the distance some how and that's what we worked on today.

Two key things are to keep my hands close to my body and get the club to the outside before the wrist hinge, then pointing the butt of the grip to my right. I was exactly on plane most of the time, getting my teacher to tell me it was the best lesson to date and the best swing he's seen from me. That's all well and good, but need to get the lag back, so more work to do.

Also, we worked on posture a little. I get too lazy with it and don't have enough hip tilt, so I worked on that as well, getting my torso more over the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7:00 Lesson!
I shot off an email, and asked what kind of availibility there was... In about 2 minutes Josh (Instructor) said "I get in at 6:45 every morning, give me 15 minutes. I'll have coffee and donuts ready for you..."

I knew I liked the guy!

#TimeToDoWork

7:00 Lesson!
I shot off an email, and asked what kind of availibility there was... In about 2 minutes Josh (Instructor) said "I get in at 6:45 every morning, give me 15 minutes. I'll have coffee and donuts ready for you..."

I knew I liked the guy!

#TimeToDoWork

Glad to see you back at CJ. I'll be up there Monday after the MC. #Matchplaytime

Wade, are you still using the WIG swing for your game, or are you working with a local pro on something different? Just curious...

Definitely still the WIG swing. However, when things go wrong I need a pro's advice to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Feel isn't always real, so a pro showing me on video what I'm doing always helps.

Had a really really nice little relaxing range session tonight. Hit a large bucket and just keep focusing on two things. The game is peaking at the absolute right time. I can't wait till next week! I'm feeling as confident as ever.

Net drills and some putting green time.

Solid range session tonight, lots of 9I work, it was absolutely gorgeous, felt almost like a fall night. Just nice and relaxing, no pressure, last weekend if golf before the big show, time to enjoy it!

Went to the range again today and was really just hitting the ball extremely well. I think the last bit of tweaks are working and if I can bring the swing I had today to Myrtle and know it's going to be a fun couple of days.

Can't wait to see all this hard work that's been put in next week.

Hit a bucket tonight. My little mini man came along too. Hitting them more solid, reall pleased with the outcome of my practice. Trully paying off

Small bucket. Really focused on starting my downswing from the ground up, and getting a full shoulder turn on the back-swing. As usual, I can only control 2 aspects of my swing at once, so my arms, posture and follow-through were all over the place, but despite that, I am seeing some definite improvement over the shank fest from a couple weeks ago.

Tee Ball is finally over, so off to somewhere right after work. Probably do some drills, work on long irons a bit, then a lot of wedges and putting.

Tee Ball is finally over, so off to somewhere right after work. Probably do some drills, work on long irons a bit, then a lot of wedges and putting.

I'm jealous. We're up to like 4" of rain. Barf.

Nasty. It's perfect here. High in the upper 70's.

make sure to double check that 250 off the tee is still there.

Lesson tonight, then im hoping a playing lesson next monday to wrap up the lesson package

Lesson tonight, then im hoping a playing lesson next monday to wrap up the lesson package

Playing lesson sounds like a lot of fun. As for 250, I'll give that to you at least one out of 25 times.

Playing lesson sounds like a lot of fun. As for 250, I'll give that to you at least one out of 25 times.
Yeah will be my first ever just hoping he has no scheduling drama.

Thanks for setting the bar low guess that will make things so much better if you pop 2 of 25 out there 250

I REALLY enjoyed my playing lesson. Helped me focus on the right things right before the shot and immediate feedback when I didn't execute properly. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back