The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent an hour and a half in the short game area today. Most if that was in shots between 25 and 40 yards. Was feeling pretty good by the end of it.

Putting isn't as good as it has been. Having problems settling on a stroke and grip with the putter.

hit 100 balls or so on Friday with dcbrad after a nice lunch.
felt good to finally get the sticks out again.
can't say that i really worked on that much, but the rocks were flying straight and the wedges tight.

Brad's swing is much improved and looking good, i must say...

Hit a large bucket today. Just worked on hitting solid shots. Struggled late season with my wedge distances, so I worked on 100 and in. We have more snow on the way, so it may be another week or two before I can hit again. Also hit a few with the new Razr Fit driver and fairway I bought today

I spent alot of time this morning working on short chips and pitches.....stuff inside 20 yards. After looking at my last 20 rounds, I am losing alot of strokes in that area.

Had my lesson on Friday after going to the range and having lunch with tnolan.

Instructor was really impressed with my progress. He gave me a drill that was really cool to do to help prevent me from going out to in during my down swing.

Set a thin box about 4 in away from our ball. Do your normal swing. If your coming out to in ( R handed stance) and hit the back of the box, you are coming out-in on your sing. If you are hitting the front of the box, you are going in-out on your swing. If you can get a swing without touching the box, your following through squarely when you are swinging.

Really cool drill. I will post it with my "baseball drill" after Christmas stuff slows down.

Watching tnolan's ball striking reminds me I have a ways to go, the guy can flat out hit. Got to BS about his SeeMore fitting too, which was really cool.

Last edited:
as a rule i usually take the lob wedge and work back to the driver over a period of say 180 balls or so,aiming for yardage signs,trying to get it close to pins etc,its usually a mix up of shots..i play a fade,a very nice fade to be exact and my irons are like arrows 70% of the time so shot shaping isnt a big deal for me..i may get a midweek session in before the weekends comp..or if im feeling a bit tight maybe a small bucket before the comp..me and my playing buddy like to have little games going on like nearest the pin,and longest 6i drives etc to mix it up a bit..

Had my lesson on Friday after going to the range and having lunch with tnolan.

Instructor was really impressed with my progress. He gave me a drill that was really cool to do to help prevent me from going out to in urging my down swing.

Set a thin box about 4 in away from our ball. Do your normal swing. If your coming out to in ( R handed stance) and hit the back of the box, you are coming out-in on your sing. If you are hitting the front of the box, you are going in-out on your swing. If you can get a swing without touching the box, your following through squarely when you are swinging.

Really cool drill. I will post it itch my "baseball drill" after Christmas stuff slows down.

Watching tnolan's ball striking reminds me I have a ways to go, the guy can flat out hit. Got to BS about his SeeMore fitting too, which was really cool.

Glad to hear its going well. Interested to see the drills.

For the past few weeks I have been working on my grip. Have purposely not gone to the range just so I can concentrate on getting this grip down. I think I have it. I went to the range on Saturday and was very happy with how I was gripping the club. It felt weird swinging with this new grip but it will come around. Next up is setup. This will be 2 weeks as well.

Since winter is here. I Have started using my my putting green again. I hope I don't get to bored with it. At least I can start messing with breaks and hills. It's going to be a long winter.

Winter is a great time to work on the fundamentals BF. I've been working with my TM Tru Stroke. It keeps my stroke from sucking too far inside. I would love to get a nice indoor green

Winter is a great time to work on the fundamentals BF. I've been working with my TM Tru Stroke. It keeps my stroke from sucking too far inside. I would love to get a nice indoor green
Maybe I need to look into some putting aides. I'm sure they couldn't do anything but help. Plus I have plenty of time to work on it. About 2 months.

Maybe I need to look into some putting aides. I'm sure they couldn't do anything but help. Plus I have plenty of time to work on it. About 2 months.

I really like the TM one and it's dirt cheap

Have you seen better putting results from it Chunky?

Tru Path is great.

Chunky, just get some indoor/outdoor carpet. Assuming you have a hard floor to put it on. I got a 12x6 foot chunk for less than $50.

What he said? Let me search the threads for putting aides.

I have man. My path is a lot better when I don't suck that putter straight inside like I tend to do. Gives me a more consistent stroke which really helps me with distance control. That is something I struggle with a lot

Tru Path is great.

Chunky, just get some indoor/outdoor carpet. Assuming you have a hard floor to put it on. I got a 12x6 foot chunk for less than $50.

No hardwoods broski. I need to get one that has a full backing. If I hit lotto I would get the XtremeGreen. That thing is awesome!

No hardwoods broski. I need to get one that has a full backing. If I hit lotto I would get the XtremeGreen. That thing is awesome!

Bummer. I was really close to getting a birdieball, but I just didn't see the point in spending that much when it was just indoor practice.

Thanks for pulling that up. How often do you still use it?

Just read that review, it looks pretty solid. Do you still pull it out from time to time Ryan?

Mainly during times when I feel like my arc is getting too big. Not nearly as much as I used to, but that's mainly because I haven't felt like I've needed it. It's a good training aid if you have path issues. You can also take the arms off and pin them into a green if you want to use it outside.

For the past few weeks I have been working on my grip. Have purposely not gone to the range just so I can concentrate on getting this grip down. I think I have it. I went to the range on Saturday and was very happy with how I was gripping the club. It felt weird swinging with this new grip but it will come around. Next up is setup. This will be 2 weeks as well.
how are gripping the club?

Since winter is here. I Have started using my my putting green again. I hope I don't get to bored with it. At least I can start messing with breaks and hills. It's going to be a long winter.
have you made 30 in a row from 3',4' or. 5'?

Interesting. I will be checking into one of these or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back