The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had hoped to get out for a round or practice after work. Overcast all day, and my playing partner bailed, so I stepped out for 20 mins before heading to the course.

In those 20 minutes, torrential rain started, lasted a good 40 minutes....

So I went home and practiced putting in the basement LOL.

I went out this afternoon to test the left ankle that I injured stepping in a hole last week during the city championship... It's not ready yet. I've been icing it all week, but I couldn't get the weight forward on it at all. I ended-up chipping a little.

I played 9 at the children's course with my daughter, which is effectively short game practice for me. Chipping and pitching was good - I experimented with some stuff I saw on GC to get different types of action, and it all worked. Full iron shots with wedges weren't good enough. A lot of short and just right of my target. Something is off with my swing but I'm not sure what.

13.7 to a 13.3

Finally a move in the right direction. Game has finally come around again, but worried the weather will rapidly bring an end to the season.

Very frustrated with the big stick right now, need to schedule another lesson. I went out back with my camera to video some swings to see why I'm still hooking the heck out of the ball. I have zero weight shift and I'm just flicking my wrists at the ball as I hang back. When I take practice swings I can see my weight move over. As soon as I hit the ball, I just hang back, spin out, and throw my hands at it. Disappointing.

Very frustrated with the big stick right now, need to schedule another lesson. I went out back with my camera to video some swings to see why I'm still hooking the heck out of the ball. I have zero weight shift and I'm just flicking my wrists at the ball as I hang back. When I take practice swings I can see my weight move over. As soon as I hit the ball, I just hang back, spin out, and throw my hands at it. Disappointing.
I have a similar struggle that plagues me. In my case it only shows up on the course which makes it real tough to work on.

I have a similar struggle that plagues me. In my case it only shows up on the course which makes it real tough to work on.

Sort of the same here. I was hitting them pretty decently a few range sessions ago after a lesson that focused just on driver. Went to play 18, and forget it. OOB left every time I pulled out my driver. Yet I can hit my fairways off the tee without a problem. Definitely frustrating.

Had a lesson today with my instructor. First lesson in a long time, but we are continuing on working on what we were doing last year, so I was able to pick it up very quickly. It was just what I needed because I have been struggling with my confidence for a while. We worked on a few simple things and two things will be very simple for me to work on. I saw a big difference in terms of the quality of my ball-striking and have some things I can work on my own to keep things sharp until the next lesson.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hit the range with six4three5 this morning. He gave me some tips last session and it is paying off. Hit it well and had good tempo

Hit the range with six4three5 this morning. He gave me some tips last session and it is paying off. Hit it well and had good tempo

Love hearing that you are getting the tempo locked in. Really liked what I saw last weekend with your swing and can't wait to see the results once you have that tempo consistent.

Good to hear knowing your tempo has been off with the weight loss

Got in some solid short game practice this afternoon before the heat got the best of me.

First 2 hours were spent working on a variety of chips to different pins on the practice green.

Spent the last half hour working on my putting.

Absolutely love where my short game is right now.

Hit the range,cannot explain how pleased I am with my game at the moment . Everything is working well and this smile cannot leave my face

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hit the range,cannot explain how pleased I am with my game at the moment . Everything is working well and this smile cannot leave my face

Hell yeah. This pleases me greatly. Keep going!

I have decided that I am absolutely committed to being an amazing putter.

I am going to put in an absolutely FOOLISH amount of time on the putting green until every putt from every angle is a scoring opportunity. It started this week, and so far I've probably in six total hours. Good things on the horizon.

Hell yeah. This pleases me greatly. Keep going!
Nate,my game has improved so much since last year. Almost night and day. The game is so much more fun now. Hope to get my handicap down a couple more points

Absolutely horrific range session today. Went to a new (and stupid) range which uses limited flight balls and it mentally ruined me.

That usually means a great round is on the horizon.

Absolutely horrific range session today. Went to a new (and stupid) range which uses limited flight balls and it mentally ruined me.

That usually means a great round is on the horizon.

I refuse to hit at ranges with limited flight balls. I'd rather hit birdie balls in my back yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hit the local muni range today, I didn't know it was mats only until after I bought my bucket and walked over. On the good side though, I spent the bulk of the time concentrating on driver weight shift and after some trial and error was hitting some straight shots. Low, but straight about 220. I'll take that instead of the snap hooks!! Just kept feeling like my hands were dead on both the backswing and downswing.

Once the men's league cleared off the putting & chipping greens I was able to get some quality practice time in there, something I always need more of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a good, long range session today. Swing still isn't where I want it to be, but I'm getting better in transition, and getting more consistent. Feels good, considering how long it'd been since I've gotten a lot of time with a club in my hands. looking forward to getting back on the course in the next couple of weeks and putting in some work.

decided I am going to start putting more time in on the range, I usually try to play all the time but if I want to get down to my handicap goal I am going to have to put the work in.

Put in another range session today. Really focusing on accuracy, trying to get close. New range has 5 greens with flags, as opposed to the old range with distance markers. Liking this more. Instead of trying to memorize distances per club, i can visualize the distance better on this range.

Got in a range session today and overall was pretty pleased. Hit wedges through 7 iron, really focusing on getting my weight forward while turning my wrists over.

Then moved to driver and 3 wood for the last 25 balls. Absolutely loved the tempo I had with the driver. Slightly pulled the first couple of balls, but really locked in and had the nice baby draw that I was looking for.

3 wood was a little struggle at the beginning, hit a few high fly balls that resembled my PW more than my 3 wood. Put a little more weight on my front foot at set up and started driving the ball. Was very pleased at the end.

Overall pleased with the range session.

Another fantasia range session where everything is clicking. As I cannot hit the course due to overtime at work,these range sessions are boosting my confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back