The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that's how EVERY DAY feels for us mere mortals! Welcome to the pit of despair hehe.
Negative brother, I've seen you play

Hit balls late last night in my net in garage.Every shot was either a top or a shank.Couldnt stop it was just one after another.So disheartening and demoralizing

First full range session with the CF 16 yesterday.
Mainly getting a feel for them. Due to a constant 20 mph crosswind. It was tough to get an idea of the distances.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

First full range session with the CF 16 yesterday.
Mainly getting a feel for them. Due to a constant 20 mph crosswind. It was tough to get an idea of the distances.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I liked what I saw buddy..

Bro it felt like I had the hands of a stone mason.

That made me laugh Kev! I wouldn't read too much into wedges off of those matts though bro. Wish I had known you guys were going down there - maybe next time. I'll be down there tomorrow night. Going to work on those shorter wedges and knock down shots. Going to take a bit of time off from the full shots and let this hip area heal a bit.

Took the king forged irons to the range today. Really wanted to compare them to the XR pros that are currently in my bag. Worked on keeping the face of the club pointed at the ball a little longer on the backswing. I have a tendency to get too quick and open up the face on the takeaway. Straight irons for me today. Woods stayed in the truck

Hit balls on my lunch today, mostly 6 irons, a few LW, and some drivers. Worked on getting hands deeper on the back swing and having the ball come out of the left barrel and work back to the right (draw for lefty). Without crossing the target line. Overall pretty good session all balls started out of the left barrel and the majority did not cross target line.

Lunch range today again. I have been hitting so damn solid this past week or two. Getting out for a round Sat. to see if it turns into scoring. Feeling very confident right now over the ball and even putting a decent little draw on my irons right now, which for me is odd.

Worked on short wedge shots, anywhere from30-60yds which is the shot giving me the most trouble. I feel like I made some good progress, I have to keep telling myself to swing through and not decelerate.

Shot of my 7 iron from yesterday. Went today again for the 4th straight day. Never felt this dialed in before. Sat. Can't come fast enough.

c4076fe0b89a5c86f5024c409373e68c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looking good there, man. I would say you are dialed in.

I went to work on putting again during lunch for about 25 minutes. I'm trying to work on a developing a consistent stroke, but struggling to get the same feel every putt. Distance control is good but the mid-range stuff needs more work.

After virtually stopping hitting driver at the range altogether, after 6 errant drives today, I hit about 80 drivers (all off the deck).

The fence at my range is close enough that if you really connect on one it will clear the fence.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I can dial in my driver swing much better when I play it off the deck anyways.

80 full driver swings is no Bueno for my back though...although I still feel fine.

Put in some work for about an hour before my lesson and then focused primarily on driver for about 2/3 of said lesson. It was a decent ball striking day!

xN7Uj0xl.jpg

Went back to the range today, as I've had a few so-so sessions (and that's probably being kind). Stepped back and worked on fundamentals. Took a few half backswings, and immediately saw I was pulling it waaaaay inside. Focused on feeling like my right shoulder was going behind me in the backswing, and just turning through, and I hit some of the best shots I ever have. Including with the F45 fairway, which will ocassionally give me fits. Smooth swings were getting me out to the 200 yard marker, on a 30 degree afternoon.

Still not as consistent as I'd like, but that will come with time.

Little short game 58* work on the Optishot in the basement. Working on swing path and club face orientation. Short game will be tight come Feb.

Last edited:
Hit bunker shots and did some work from 50-90 yards for 2 hours today, then worked through the whole bag from lob wedge to driver for another 2 hours. Felt really good to put in some work and get away for a while.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

First time using impact tape at the range today, not a good result. I started without it and was hitting a nice high draw with my 8 iron. once i threw the tape on everything was off the hosel, I think not being able to see the grooves on the face to line up with was a major player because the swing felt identical. Driver was great though, nice piercing flight was a great sight.

Some days you just feel like you can't miss. Left shoulder leads the backswing, short of parallel, let gravity take over and keep it smooth. Solid contact with every club. Wedges were on target. Pick a tree at the back of the range and go after it with the driver. You all know that feeling like every thing is finally starting to click at the same time, right? Some days you have no tee game, some days you can't hit a chip to save your life. It's been getting close, but today seemed like it was all working. Looking forward to a round this weekend.

Got to the range last night - 39' 15 mph winds and it started snowing. No worries - worked on knockdown shots ( perfect for those conditions! ) and 30 - 60 yard wedges. Pleased with how it went.

Had a great lesson with Matt Currey at Wigwam Golf Club. Dude is phenomenal and pointed out my current swing issue and had me puring shots in less then a half hour again.

Had a great lesson with Matt Currey at Wigwam Golf Club. Dude is phenomenal and pointed out my current swing issue and had me puring shots in less then a half hour again.
I'm getting a pop a side when you come into town now.

Went to the range last night basically focusing on long irons and woods. Overall it went quite well. I'm going back today after work to practice a little more with the short irons, and a little more driver work. Hopefully today goes as well as last night did. And even better, hopefully it'll carry over into the weekend and I can put up a low#.

Hit again this afternoon in the dome.And again shank after shank.So sick of this crap, every swing was a shank.Even hit my woods off the hosel.They didn't shank but flew weak and low right

Hit again this afternoon in the dome.And again shank after shank.So sick of this crap, every swing was a shank.Even hit my woods off the hosel.They didn't shank but flew weak and low right

You should post some video up here for Freddie to take a look at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back