The THP Range/Practice Thread

250 is a lot.. I'm guessing you are breaking it up into multiple sessions? I have been averaging around 150 per session every other day and the theragun gets a workout. I'm still lifting or running on the alternate days and want to incorporate swing speed training back in.
Went 300+ instead. Got data on several clubs, and even started the session with Super Speed to warm up.

Hit a groove until I answered an email and stopped for a couple minutes, now, I hurt embarrassingly bad.

I don't know how anyone does! I was pretty broken when I came back to golf, but I don't even have a memory of being able to plow through balls the way I see guys doing it. It's one thing if you're a rubber-bodied teenager, but otherwise I just watch them like they're an alien thinking 'why doesn't your elbow feel like it's going to explode yet?'

I will spend over an hour hitting 40 balls, and that feels like having played a full round. Bless them all.

I've been getting back to my more last season routine of 2 to 1 play to range time, and man does it help. Feel for ya @Canadan.
#ReviewWork brotherman! (y)

Getting so many emails from the Golf etailers on Practice Equipment -
Really could use a net for full swings and One of these 3 tier chipping nets.
Just can't get myself to pull the trigger for 1 month and probably not use it again.
One month? Man you’re an optimist.

Back to back solid garage sessions. Grip is back where it needs to be, finger pain is gone, and alignment is better than it used to be(?). Feeling good!

Hit 130 shots in my garage.. Swing still feeling somewhat rough but getting there.. I hope my back doesn't hurt too much tomorrow

Hit 130 shots in my garage.. Swing still feeling somewhat rough but getting there.. I hope my back doesn't hurt too much tomorrow
I hit about 50 yesterday at lunchtime. I think I am going to do that every day at lunch as much as possible since I am working from home. I use my SC300 and go through my irons and driver and once I warm up I imitate playing an actual hole.

I think the thing that bugs me most is how different swinging off a driving range mat is from the golf course. I don't understand why I cannot setup the same on the course all the time. I really have to figure that out. I can kill balls off my mat and am consistent too. I get on the course and most of that consistency flies away into space somewhere.

More indoor time today.

Yay, but not yay. Ya know?

I hope to get in some on course practice today. Home course opened but only 10 holes to start. Winter snowpack just melted in enough places to pseudo open. Between conditions and limited holes, that means practice time. I put in consistent sim time over the winter. Curious what real play will feel like. FORE!

I feel like today is a good day for my first lunch break swing session. I don’t know why I haven’t done this yet while WFH...

More indoor time today.

Yay, but not yay. Ya know?
I need a recovery day in between sessions.. Don't hurt yourself!!

I took one.....by weed eating 10 acres of fence and 63 trees.

10 acres.... want to build a course?
goid start! I bet you get lots of business from some friends we both know!

Missed my lunch session, got to put out fires at work instead. Took waaaayyy too many swings tonight. Actually was able to make a mid-practice adjustment that corrected the ***** issues I was seeing my first few swings.

I finally got to use a larger outdoor area to use my longer clubs, and full swings with. It's an old dirt bike track area.

I was hitting my 5i, and 8i yesterday evening. Probably hit 30 balls with each club using my diy mat.

All I was concerned about was the ball flight before touch down. The landing area is not ball friendly with gravel, and rocks present. This makes the roll after the carry very iffy at best. Also screws up the dispersion measurement. Two good things I saw were decent ball flights, and I didn't lose any balls to the Mojave Desert.

Next time out, I will take my 3i & 4i, and check those ball flights.

All swings were easy, consistent tempo/timing swings, while staying in balance. I will gradually build up my swing speed a few more mph over the coming weeks.

Went with a 30 ball e-range session before playing an e-round. If you knock 4 strokes off the 11 I had (got my driver over that hazard eventually), I shot an 83 on 6,450 yards. On a related note, the driver still needs some fixing. May have made some in-round progress.

Spent a long time on my puttout trainer.. Hoping this results in better putting on course

This extra delay announced today means no golf until May 5th at the earliest. Tough to take after having a wet, short season last year that ended in late October. Mentally after missing out on family spring break vacation, a Masters trip, and my normal 4 days of golf each week, I’m going to do the only thing I can do and embrace some of my other hobbies - cycling, fishing, and soon some boating and water sports.

Went up to the local course yesterday evening after work and practiced chipping and putting for about an hour and a half. I am putting in the time so I better see some results on the course.

Putting feels really good and constantly improving, but chipping still has a bit of weirdness to it. Tempo, rhythm, and smoothness on the chipping is not normal for some reason, but I will grind till I find it. :cool:

Just picked up this sc200 on Facebook for 150, can't wait to get a hitting net and mat now to get some practice out in the yard!
20200409_190650.jpg

Just a quick warmup on the e-range then an e-round at Pebble. 45/42/87 with my 11 or 41/42/83 without.

My R1 is driving me nuts with the hook so going into 18 I switched the 1 and 10 weights from draw to fade and hit it straight. Going to look into alternatives to this club. May need to browse the web for some OEM weights.

I hit another hundred, 40 yard pitch shots today. Did it in 4 groups of 25 balls. I'd hit 5 balls, and go get them, 5 times. Then go find something else to do.

Used an abbreviated pre-shot routine between each shot..

My target was a 6" ring, with two buckets, 6' on each side of it. Basically a 12' wide landing area.

Goal was to land the ball in front of the ring, and between the buckets. Where the ball ended up after landing didn't matter, since the ground had alot pebbles on it.

Used my AW, which meant partial swings. I was pleased with 75% of the balls I hit.

Just picked up this sc200 on Facebook for 150, can't wait to get a hitting net and mat now to get some practice out in the yard!
View attachment 8936605
Looks like a great deal and I hope it works out good for you. I use my SC300 about every other day and I really like it.

Really excited to start doing work with my wellputt mat

Back