The Tiger Woods Fan Thread

He has actually been experimenting with the Tour AD shafts for close to 2 years now. Usually ends up back with his Diamana, but has put the Tour AD in play at quite a few tournaments.

Good info, thanks for that. My memory is a little sketchy, but I seem to remember him putting the Tour AD in play for a round or two in past tournaments, but never having it in the bag for an entire tournament. He always ends up going back to the Whiteboard.

Good info, thanks for that. My memory is a little sketchy, but I seem to remember him putting the Tour AD in play for a round or two in past tournaments, but never having it in the bag for an entire tournament. He always ends up going back to the Whiteboard.

He played the GD last year at Whistling Straits I think.

Tiger's caddy is so white that 'Ebony and Ivory' should be their tee box entrance theme song....

It seemed he handled himself a lot better in the press conference yesterday, he looked to be relaxed and confident. I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do out there, it will without a doubt make things a lot more interesting.

I thought some of what happened over the weekend can be taken as a positive, better iron play, a lot of good stuff going on which hopefully will carry over into the major to make things more interesting. The putting is a concern though, he used to be money and now its an adventure of sorts when putting.

Its a major so you know Tiger is going to put together an adventurous weekend. I look to see him make a charge late Saturday and finish on the first page of the leaderboard (if not on top). He lives for these.

If Tiger can tame his driver, he will be in contention at the PGA. I thought his iron play was good and he seemed to be making a lot of mid-range putts. He just couldn't get any momentum since he was always in the rough.

Poor Tiger.....I hope he makes the cut during the PGA Championship

Tiger played so awesome this weekend. He's officially back.

I bet Stevie makes the cut.

Maybe its a nice thing for Tiger that SW made his comments and is taking some heat. Azinger criticized him on twitter today, etc. Regardless of who is right and wrong, Steve became little less of a sympathetic figure, which means maybe less people defending him while interviewing Tiger. Just random thoughts...

Guys, while we all know that some of these threads turn nauseating by fans and those that root against, this one was asked to stay only about the fans. So lets leave it be. Thanks.

Poor Tiger.....I hope he makes the cut during the PGA Championship

come on man look at the guys he beat this past week...

Lefty
Paul Casey
Gmac
Dustin Johnson
Sergio
KJ Choi

He is clearly back!:alien:

Hey tigger did finish better then he did last year. Which wasnt hard since he almost finished dead last haha

What do you fans think of Tiger's showing this weekend? If you look at it objectively, do you think he will fare well this weekend or do you think he still needs more time to get his game back? If he does start making a charge, do you think he will be able to finish this time around? Why do you think what you think? If you were forced to bet a month's pay on your predictions, what would you predict that Tiger will do? Remember, just because you don't predict a win doesn't mean that you are not a fan.

What do you fans think of Tiger's showing this weekend? If you look at it objectively, do you think he will fare well this weekend or do you think he still needs more time to get his game back? If he does start making a charge, do you think he will be able to finish this time around? Why do you think what you think? If you were forced to bet a month's pay on your predictions, what would you predict that Tiger will do? Remember, just because you don't predict a win doesn't mean that you are not a fan.

I think it was a pretty good comeback. He didn't light it up, but didn't completely suck either. He obviously needs more game action to fine tune his game, especially putting. I believe if he plays strong on thu-fri, he could surprise people on the weekend, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If his knee feels as good as he's saying, he just needs to string a few rounds to find some confidence. IMO, don't see Tiger competing for a win until Augusta next year.

Personally, I saw a mixed bag this past weekend, some positives but a lot of areas of concern as well. The putter is for sure worrisome. If I was betting a month's salary I would say somewhere between 5th and 10th, I guess I would take 7th if I had to. He is not the Tiger of old right now, and is not a below average golfer either. Maybe average is a good way to describe his game as it stands right now, but I feel improvement is coming.

top 20 for the PGA would be good. he just needs a little more time before another W.

Personally, I saw a mixed bag this past weekend, some positives but a lot of areas of concern as well. The putter is for sure worrisome. If I was betting a month's salary I would say somewhere between 5th and 10th, I guess I would take 7th if I had to. He is not the Tiger of old right now, and is not a below average golfer either. Maybe average is a good way to describe his game as it stands right now, but I feel improvement is coming.

Okay, I was not going to post here, but this has so many questions. If according to your thoughts, he is average, that translates to top 10 in a major?

What happens when Tiger struggles this week and then doesn't make the Playoffs? Good or bad for Tiger? I almost think it would be a blessing. I think he should take the rest of the season off.

Maybe top 30. Nothing special.

As a fan and I'm not saying this to be sarcastic, the Tiger we just saw... is about as good as it's gonna get for a long time. It's been this way for months and months and months. Just being objective here. I'd love to see him win, especially after Steven's jabs. I don't even know why. Can't explain it but really it'd be good for everyone if he could just win some tourney's and majors.

What happens when Tiger struggles this week and then doesn't make the Playoffs? Good or bad for Tiger? I almost think it would be a blessing. I think he should take the rest of the season off.

He is Tiger Effn Woods, he will make the top 125 and probably win this event by 5 :alien:

I hope he makes the top 125 so the Tiger Watch can go on like it did last year. It actually had me interested in where people finished in the playoff events. Also made me understand the point system a little better.

The tour has had a bunch of fantastic finishes this year, with or without him, the fedex events will be fun.

agreed! but if what he's saying with his knee is what's really going on, I hope he makes the playoffs and make a good run. hehe

I still hate those shoes with pants. but with shorts, maybe. haha

Back