The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I can about imagine the feeling going through all of you guys right now. I've had that feeling 3 times. It's such a feeling of anxiousness and how you just can't WAIT another second to get there and experience all of this. Let me tell you from experience boys....try your best to just slow things down and take a few minutes to just sit back and take it all in. EVERY little thing of it. I don't care if you're sitting there waiting for lunch, or waiting for the cart guy to bring your bag around....whatever it is...it's special and something that NOBODY gets to do. Are you kidding me? There are thousands of people that wish they were in your shoes this week boys. Don't sweat the small stuff, don't over think the state of your game. Don't worry about anything, just go there and take it all in. From now on you're all Morgan Cuppers and that is ROCK STAR status around here.

Your teammates are now your brothers. Guys you didn't know from Joe a few short months ago are now going to be lifelong friends. I cannot tell you how to experience this event, nobody can. The Morgan Cup has changed me as a golfer, but even better than that is that it has brought me memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. I am so jealous of the 40 of you....I thought I could make it though this without it happening because I've done it 3 times now, heck I've been on 2 winning teams. I have seen it all and done it all.....3 TIMES! But I'd give my right arm to be able to go there tomorrow and do it 1 more time!

You're no longer just THP'ers boys....you're Morgan Cuppers! Go put on a show for the world!!!

Post of the day!

No, it's the crappy camera on his Galaxy phone :D I'm kidding if course. The pic is impressive in HD and hurried picture mode

That's why I asked. I've seen some spectacular pictures from his phone before. So I figured it had to be on propose just hurried as you said.

I can about imagine the feeling going through all of you guys right now. I've had that feeling 3 times. It's such a feeling of anxiousness and how you just can't WAIT another second to get there and experience all of this. Let me tell you from experience boys....try your best to just slow things down and take a few minutes to just sit back and take it all in. EVERY little thing of it. I don't care if you're sitting there waiting for lunch, or waiting for the cart guy to bring your bag around....whatever it is...it's special and something that NOBODY gets to do. Are you kidding me? There are thousands of people that wish they were in your shoes this week boys. Don't sweat the small stuff, don't over think the state of your game. Don't worry about anything, just go there and take it all in. From now on you're all Morgan Cuppers and that is ROCK STAR status around here.

Your teammates are now your brothers. Guys you didn't know from Joe a few short months ago are now going to be lifelong friends. I cannot tell you how to experience this event, nobody can. The Morgan Cup has changed me as a golfer, but even better than that is that it has brought me memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. I am so jealous of the 40 of you....I thought I could make it though this without it happening because I've done it 3 times now, heck I've been on 2 winning teams. I have seen it all and done it all.....3 TIMES! But I'd give my right arm to be able to go there tomorrow and do it 1 more time!

You're no longer just THP'ers boys....you're Morgan Cuppers! Go put on a show for the world!!!

The Jake Nation leader himself, what a post!

Jake...your head butts have nothing on that post! Well done...

Yeah. I just got chills.

I'm trying to take Jake's advice and slow things down a little. But, I have eleven hours left before I head out the driveway for Myrtle and I'm still not packed. Several balls in the air on the home front, and with trying to help my daughter buy a house in Fla. Things are a little frenetic in the household tonight. I think I'll be up most of the night, which would be alright if I didn't have a seven hour drive in the morning. Ugh! Doug (J4U) will have to hook me up to an IV of some really special bourbon tomorrow night to bring me back down................and then the real excitement begins!

Thanks to Jake and Tyno for some really timely posts with great advice this newb can use for sure. Thirty-nine other brothers out there that I know feel the same way.

Thanks to JB and GG. I can't imagine how many balls y'all are juggling right now. Glad to see you made up there safely.

See you soon. Should be in Pawley's between noon and one tomorrow.

This is the first thing I read whem I land! Jake I hope to meet you someday. I am about to meet my first teammate and partner and I am freaking pumped!

Gripping words right there. #LiveItLoveIt #Brotherhood

I knew there would be a Hollywood post in here sometime this week! Home run!

Read those words from Jake. Take them in, and process it for a bit.

Love that Jakester is a member of Team THP. Love that guy.

Thank you Jake. Love you brother!

First 2014 MC'er met, mmaynard, we played nine until the thunder did some nasty stuff. Great guy, soon food & beer. Tomorrow more golf!

Is it bad that I have nervous energy already. I love this event.

Tnt and johnny mojo finished some triple D Gus's Fried chicken. Yabba dabba doo!

Packed up all my golf stuff, and now packing up the rest of everything. It's been a lot of fun watching everyone's last minute prep and anticipation. This is going to be a great time.

Josh and Morgan, you'll hear this a million times from us I'm sure, but that won't be enough. Thanks for your hard work in putting this together. This is going to be the experience of a lifetime and I'm pretty sure you two might be the only people who could make this happen. Looking forward to representing THP and my sponsor with a permanent smile on my face this weekend.

Tools have been put to bed in the one-way. Now for dinner and a trip for the necessary hygiene requirements. My mind is racing and a few short hours Denver will be left behind. Can't wait to see everybody!

Is it bad that I have nervous energy already. I love this event.

Mine officially started on my drive home and as I started my packing tonight

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

JB, or anyone, what is, he rule on accessories like gold flex, ball markers, divot tools, etc?

JB, or anyone, what is, he rule on accessories like gold flex, ball markers, divot tools, etc?

Same as it is for everything else. First off training aids are not allowed during actualy play.
As for the other, we would ask for either non-logo'd, THP logo'd or your sponsor logo'd.
If it is not one of those, that is okay too, as long as it is not in direct conflict with any of those.

I just wanted throw out a quick Thank you to a friend here, without him I would not be in the Morgan Cup..... Cookie I would not be in the MC if not for you! I don't have words to say thanks, but you are getting a hug in MB.

From what I remember of last year, there was at least one orange whip in someone's bag. Once their name was called to the tee, hands off it until completion of play. Not to worry though, I'll help remind you of what we can and can't do during the round :)

Same as it is for everything else. First off training aids are not allowed during actualy play.
As for the other, we would ask for either non-logo'd, THP logo'd or your sponsor logo'd.
If it is not one of those, that is okay too, as long as it is not in direct conflict with any of those.
Thanks. what I figured but the rules say I should ask. Thinking specifically of a club caddy to keep my grips dry in the morning rounds.

Just have to say there was a lot of MC discussion during my round with Castor today and at dinner. The anticipation and excitement grows by the second and I can't wait to see the MCer's, volunteers and family members arrive. Safe travels everyone!

Back