The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Almost done packing. Flight is at 8:10 AM tomorrow morning. Looking to seeing everyone in the next couple of days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Safe travels everyone!
IT'S HERE!!!!

Jake, Just awesome!
I of course have no idea what you 40 are going through, but I can imagine, and its filled with awesome!

Guys, we have an entire thread dedicated to Morgan Cup travels. Please keep the posts relevant in here and keep the packing and travel updates to a designated thread

Thanks

Good luck to all you Morgan cuppers heading out to Myrtle Beach soon. I'm looking forward to following along in here.

War Eagle from my iPad

good luck to v-man, i would like to say "hit 'em straight" but i already know you will !!!!!!! have fun buddy!

2 more days of work and I'm outta here and on my way to hang with a badass group of THP'rs! I can't wait!!

Wow...can the breaks be applied just a touch? Has it been enough...#doingwork. Now to enjoy the fruit of the labor.

Hitting the road that she afternoon heading to MD to see my buddy Kevin. We are going to happen to the road tomorrow morning. Should hit Myrtle around 12-1. Can't wait to see everyone!

Edit: Can a mod please move this to the "I can do haz English" thread. Thanks

FIFY...

the forum patiently awaits for pictures of the courses this morning...
anyone out and about playing practice rounds today?

So I have just a little story of how the Morgan Cup is known outside of THP and the community. We were checking in for our round of golf yesterday and the cashier asked what we were in town for. So I said we were here for The Ultimate Golf Event being held at True Blue & Caledonia. He responded he never heard of it. Ok no biggie, but the second later a gentleman comes out from the back and asked if he could take my place!?!? It was great how you could see the excitement on his face and in his voice. He then proceeded to respond to his associate as to how The Morgan Cup gave amateur golfer's the ultimate experience.

It's funny how there were people out there that told JB he was crazy, and probably other choice words, that an event like this wasn't possible. Well you and Morgan pulled it off and have not only touched the THP family, but even extended out to those who aren't part of our family!

Thank you!!!

Can someone give the extra rounds a bump? I am trying to see about times for Wednesday but I can't find the darn thread.

So I was going to try to write an eloquent post about the Morgan Cup and give some advice to this year's players, and then tyno and Puttin4Bird knocked it out of the park with their posts yesterday and I don't think I can add much more than those 2 guys said. But this event is awesome, it was my golfing highlight for the past 3 summers. In particular, I'll never forget the 3 days last summer, it was the best golfing experience I've ever had. I know that this is a different Morgan Cup (and perhaps the last one) and some might not want to hear advice from a "vet", but here goes:

*Sometime during this week, take some time to thank your family and support system, even if they are not with you in Pawley's Island. They have been the ones that have allowed you to put in all of the preparation and focus on this event, and it will make them feel better if you acknowledge them, especially if they had to sacrifice for your golf game. Trust me on this one, it goes a long way.

*Harry Arnett said something to this effect prior to the Grandaddy, but it holds true in this event as well: don't be a jerk. Everyone will be all smiles on Thursday and Friday with everyone meeting up with one another and getting to see their new equipment, but the competition days are a different animal and can bring out the best or worst in people. You are a staff professional for these companies and you should act like that on the course, and treat your opponent the way that you would want to be treated on the course. No one wants to lose, and I understand the frustration that can come with that, but you should be able to take off your hat at the end of every match and you and your opponent should be able to say to each other "That was fun, let's do it again sometime."

*Start hydrating very early this week, and don't stop at all throughout the weekend. The humidity in South Carolina in July is no joke, even for someone like myself that grew up there. I had some symptoms of heat exhaustion during the afternoon round last year and it took me a good 2-3 hours after that round to fully recover, I don't want anyone this year to be in that situation.

*In the team matches, be honest with your partner and yourself about your game. Don't try to play a game that you're not comfortable with or do something just because your partner recommended it. For example, last year at #8 on Caledonia, Puttin4Bird set me up in the fairway on that par 5 with a good chance to reach the green in 2, but I just didn't like the angle of the shot or my chances to carry the water in front. I told him that right when we got to the ball, and chose to lay up. It was alternate shot, and he hit our 3rd shot to 8 feet, I rolled in the birdie putt to win the hole. If you and your partner play to each of your strengths, you will have success.

*Finally, don't forget how lucky you are, and enjoy the hell out of every moment. At the courses, people will know that you are there for the Morgan Cup. Other players on the range will stare at your staff bag. The local media will probably be there to check the event out. Soak all of that in and realize that very few people have been in your shoes. Off the course, enjoy that you are surrounded by 39 other golf geeks that are just as excited as you are to play in this event, and that if you choose to do so, you'll make some really good friends this weekend that will have your back in any situation down the line. For the first timers, I hope that at the end of this weekend, you'll realize that what Tadashi70 said last year at the trophy ceremony makes sense (and I'm paraphrasing): "For some people, it's a website, but for the people here, it's a family."

Like tyno, I wish I could have been down there, but silly babies get in the way. :alien: Go out there and hit some great shots and make some memories that will last a lifetime.

Awesome post Amol.

Sing this little melody...It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

anyje4ap.jpg

I see Bridgestone awesomeness back there...

Love those Callaway staff bags too.

That was a great post with a whole lot of truth Ary...thanks for that, and we will miss you down there this weekend.

Sing this little melody...It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

anyje4ap.jpg

That is beautiful. Almost like staring at the lights on the tree...purely mesmerizing.

Oh man...that picture.

looks cray cray. I feel like I just keep seeing Bridgestone and Callaway. Can't wait to see some TM and Cobra goodness

looks cray cray. I feel like I just keep seeing Bridgestone and Callaway. Can't wait to see some TM and Cobra goodness

And then...of course...whatever the big secret company is bringing.

wow and thats only 2/5 of it all? thats crazy

A lot of pretty bags right there. Guarantee you 8 Callaway guys were trying to figure out if that was their bag or not being showcased.

Awesome picture

Back