The Ultimate Masters Contest W/ TaylorMade Golf & THP

The way I understand it, is that Donald correctly signed for the 75. What then happened was the card was smudged that made the bogey 5 on hole 5 look like a 3 (which wasn't an issue when donald and the official checked and signed it because they knew it was a 5); anyway the guy entering the scores into the computer misread the 5 as a 3. That was the error which was corrected and had nothing to do with donald

I never understood the whole issue, I thought if you signed for more than you actually had you kept the high score but if you signed for less than you had shot you were disqualified. Is this not how it is?

Westwood -5
Mcilroy -1
Donald +3
Day +4

C'mon boys!

I never understood the whole issue, I thought if you signed for more than you actually had you kept the high score but if you signed for less than you had shot you were disqualified. Is this not how it is?

I believe so, it could vary from tournament to tournament (some places might have a rule where if you sign an incorrect scorecard either way you're dq'd).

Thing is, the scorecard wasn't the issue. The scorecard was correct, the guy who entered the score into the computer (after the card had been signed) just entered the score in wrong.

The issue was that they thought he signed a 73, when he had shot a 75.

The issue was that they thought he signed a 73, when he had shot a 75.

Gotcha, but I thought he said he had shot a 75 in the post round interview so I felt that he knew what he had signed for. Of course it would not have been the 1st time someone signed for a number different than they thought they were signing for.

Gotcha, but I thought he said he had shot a 75 in the post round interview so I felt that he knew what he had signed for. Of course it would not have been the 1st time someone signed for a number different than they thought they were signing for.
He signed for a 75, and knew he shot a 75. When the person entering the score from the scorecard saw the bogey 5 he made on the 5th hole, apparently it was smudged and he input a 3. That's when the issue arose.

Bradley -1
McIlroy -1
Woods E
Rose E

Not bad... Need to make a push, but all should make cut.

I'm feeling good so far, none of my guys finished over par. Looking forward to the rest of the tourney!

My picks were pretty bad today. Phil and Day nee to pick it up!

Think he struggles if the greens get typical Augusta quick over the weekend and are not as receptive to guys firing at flags and shots holding pretty well?

Team Hackers tapping!

It's supposed to rain tonight and in the am. Course won't pickup speed until Saturday afternoon. I honestly think this may be his week.

Tiger-Not bad, I think he will come around and do well
Rory-1 under is not a bad score, and still has a great shot at this tournament
Duffner-3 under, solid pick on my part
Garrigus-WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING

My four...
04d516e2.jpg

Tap tap taparoo

Who was the top TM guy?

So how is everybody doing after today in the contest?

Westwood -5
McIlroy -1
Woods E
Rose E

Not too bad for day 1.

First group through 1 with a par and 2 doubles. Yikes!

That first hole and 18 sure took their toll on the players yesterday. And I thought it was pretty awesome that Tiger drover the bus right over Haney in his interviews and when it came to his "old swing habits" coming back.

That first hole and 18 sure took their toll on the players yesterday. And I thought it was pretty awesome that Tiger drover the bus right over Haney in his interviews and when it came to his "old swing habits" coming back.

I'm most of the way through and now his comments during have a little more meaning, or I think they do.

Tapatalk

18 looks like a rotten hole. I'd want no part of that thing.

No masters watching for me today. Hopefully I can keep up a bit through this thread.

TC got to go to the Masters? Nice! Even better that it happened on a huge day for Lee.

I'm most of the way through and now his comments during have a little more meaning, or I think they do.

Tapatalk

Yep I thought the same thing when I saw the replays of his snap hooks. And I thought he hinted at it but I read a interview this morning that he did not hint one bit but said it was Haney's driver swing creeping back.

Tapatalk

It was awesome....the Hank backswing...lol...not to be confused with the Hanks backswing

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I agree Hawk, that 18th is one nasty beast. That tee shot looks like you have a 20' window to hit it through.

Back