The value of buying from the fitting studio

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently got fitted at a Cool Clubs franchise and ordered a set of irons through them and had them custom built. I figure I paid a premium of about $400 over what I could have ordered them from Callaway for. I enjoyed the fitting process and could afford the cost of the irons. I like giving the business to a local small business.

I have played about 5 our 6 rounds with the irons and felt I was missing left with them more than I would like. The new irons are more upright and a bit longer than my old irons. I was thinking that having them a bit flatter might help. I had been texting with the fitter and he said come on up tonight and lets hit some shots and he could adjust them if I wanted.

I spent about an hour hitting shots on the Trackman. I have spent my life hitting a bit of a fade and I had a slight draw. We rechecked the lies and they seemed right and I was hitting the ball in the middle of the clubface. We decided to bend the irons a degree flat. This took a small bit of the draw out of the irons. I have a couple of rounds set up the rest of this week and we will see how they behave. I may just have to get used to hitting a 5 yard draw instead of a 5 yard cut. My swing has changed which is causing part of this.

In addition I hit all my irons to get a sense of the carry distances on the trackman. The fitter also said to bring my irons back twice a season for him to check the lofts and lies as the range has mats and he would make sure they were correct at no cost. This is all service you wouldn’t get if you ordered directly from Callaway.

I am very happy with my decision to give the business to the local fitter.

this has been my experience with my local fitter/instructor too, minus the loft/lie checks throughout the season (that's on me - he's offered, i just haven't done it). when i am due for want new irons we typically only fit the 6 or 7 iron and tells me to come back after a few rounds to see what tendencies i'm noticing throughout the set and what adjustments we may want to make. most recently, my 4 and 5 irons were leaking out to the left (probably due to flawed mechanics more than the specs) but he adjusted them late last season and it seemed to help. he even turned them around overnight and met me in the parking lot before league. my partner still asks me if my personal tour van is due to make a stop again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Back